1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official 9’s Game Thread

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Foxer, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Natboy II

Natboy II Banned In the Sin Bin

I agree but do think he needs to find more aggression in all aspects of his game

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

Loved Morris's solo effort, should of been a doggy for life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SPEARTAKVIDREFS

SPEARTAKVIDREFS Kennel Regular

I saw the whole 9s as a training run and an opportunity for Pay to see where some of our players are at. How could it be any different when your playing Ryan and half of what could be our first grade team. It is a different beast in both attack and defense. Its like watching touch to some degree.
    As for wingers I just don't sense Okunbor will ever be good defensively. It was a tuff gig with alot of ground to cover for him defensively but I just feel he just doesnt have it. He cant read a play and by the time he makes a decision its all over. If somehow Im right, I dont see how opposition coaches dont know this already which is worrying. He didnt look comfortable taking the high ball. Perhaps that was nerves going on previous experience but we dont have time for that. Perhaps Im being too harsh seeing as it was a different format.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

If Napa isn't starting then he can go to another club, not interested in having a player on his pay sitting on the bench and forking out more coin for someone else to do his job.

Yh I agree with you on RFM, just copping too many injuries and i could easily see him being let go even with him providing such good impact through the middle. If we could retain him on a reduced contract then that would be great but I don't see it happening.

5. Psycho Doggie

Psycho Doggie Kennel Addict

Tempting to see JMoz's efforts as the revenge of JMoz, but while it seems he perhaps felt he should have been more valued by the Dogs at the end of his career, most of what he did was a response to the stuff with the Sharks in the last month or so.

In any case, good on him. We've had it happen to us before, past players getting one over us, sometimes you just have to applaud and say "well done, see ya next time".

• Like Like x 1
  6. KLil

KLil Kennel Immortal

Your not wrong and a Napa and Thommo front row should work out...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Teddybear

Teddybear Kennel Enthusiast

Hoppa can kick and quite well actually

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Kennel Immortal

I hate Napa starting and yeah agree about the coin on the bench part. If Britt can have impact in the middle like he did on the weekend id happily have him rotate with Napa heavily to try give them as many short stints as possible to try get more explosive play out of them... but yeah will have to wait and see how Britt goes in NRL with us first

9. MasterP

MasterP Kennel Regular

Cogger playing for himself, where Wakeham was playing to win. Cogger kick chasing in a 9s tournament and Wakeham trying little trick shots to make something happen.

• Like Like x 2