8 to 6 interchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was watching NRL360 and they are hinting NRL is thinking of dropping the amount of interchanges from 8 to 6 next year. I tend to like the idea apart from the fact the reffing is not up to standard. The refs are already crippling our team with fatiguing penalties if they drop to 6 we need fairer reffing or the favoured team will be unstoppable.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bad idea... player injuries are already huge this season.

I think the whole limiting of interchanges is dumb. Let teams sub on and off as much as they like.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The argument behind it is over 1000 days worth of injuries in 2015, high 900’s in 2016 with 10 interchanges. When they went to 8 interchanges in 2017 it dropped to 800’s and is trending the same this year. I think the big boys need some more tick like Jackson a slow game opens it back up for a small player to be able to find worth.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The reduction was to try and make the game flow more and focus on mobile players.

Problem is refs can't keep the whistle out of their mouths so that negates things.

Reactions: DT

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think to make this work the 18th and 19th player should act as emergencies in case a player is ruled out due to a HIA.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think HIA should be free interchange, to get back on the field will cost you

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Def drop to six. It's a no brainer, we need fatigue in the game players out on there feet. The only concern would be to much dummy half running. Other than that I think would greatly improve product of the game

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching NRL360 and they are hinting NRL is thinking of dropping the amount of interchanges from 8 to 6 next year. I tend to like the idea apart from the fact the reffing is not up to standard. The refs are already crippling our team with fatiguing penalties if they drop to 6 we need fairer reffing or the favoured team will be unstoppable.
How about they change from 2 refs to 1 and leave the interchanges alone.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring it on leave it at six for two years then back to the four man bench bring our halves back into games and piss off 15 minute footballers

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought it was only if a penalty was conceded at same time, I am obviously to busy screaming at the tv to notice.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad idea... player injuries are already huge this season.

I think the whole limiting of interchanges is dumb. Let teams sub on and off as much as they like.
Totally agree less injuries and less fatigue will even out the teams more, a few media arseholes are continually pushing the idea. Sure the halves five eights want it but they win the majority of Dally M's anyway.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good change, fatigue is good in RL. Don't think it will help us though. Our forwards might handle more minutes but we don't have the speed (apart from Mbye) to capitalise on tired opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.