8 Grand Final Players in 2024 Squad

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taaffe will give me my excitement in 24, Critta an Cherry ripe will also fill the other voids lol. Although I don’t expect anything it’s something to look forward too.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
what i hate about these sort of players coming in is that they think they have the formula for success and in every situation they will explain why the bulldogs are not a success, they will pinpoint everything etc

for example coach ciraldo coming in and talking about the wrestling situation, he said this is one of the reasons that the bulldogs weren't successful because they didn't wrestle late people in the past

then if the bulldogs were run like a nazi death camp previously, ciraldo would say the club is not successful because they need to lighten up a bit
Yes well via Lord Gould Ciraldo is most certainly learning the ropes of using propaganda as a useful tool. And perfectly timed just as the season finished to call out the players for being lazy trainers and not buying in and so on and so forth.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes well via Lord Gould Ciraldo is most certainly learning the ropes of using propaganda as a useful tool. And perfectly timed just as the season finished to call out the players for being lazy trainers and not buying in and so on and so forth.
Hey Buzz, how are ya? Can you unban me on X (twitter) please? I swear I won't make comments about Gus porking ya mum again.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we have props don't expect anything
We need to find some bad asses from New Zealand. Tough as nails and aren't afraid of hard work. Come on Gus, do your thing and find these type of props!!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 Grand Final appearances

Stephen Crichton - Loss 20, Won 21,21,23

3 Grand Final appearances

Viliame KiKau - Loss 20, Won 21,22
Josh ado Carr - Loss 18, Won 17, 20

2 Grand Final appearances

Sio Siva Taukeiaho - Won 18,19

1 Grand Final appearance

Matt Burton - Won 21
Jaeman Salmon - Won 22
Reed Mahoney - Loss 22
Blake Taafe - Loss 21

It looks like Dogs are obsessed with buying players with GF experience.

Our 2024 squad has 8 players who have experience in grand finals, with 6 players even winning. This is a promising sign, as more than half of the squad has been part of the big game.

These 8 players have all been part of a great squad in the past, that knows what it takes to be part of a successful team. Hopefully they can all gel together and bring some of this winning culture to the Bulldogs.
Without 2 good middle forwards we will still be up the creek without a paddle

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Buzz, how are ya? Can you unban me on X (twitter) please? I swear I won't make comments about Gus porking ya mum again.
Come on man, Gus couldn't get anywhere near my mum with that putrid head on his shoulders.

Evidently you'd be an easier get for him

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
I just edited first post due to Sio Siva Taukeiaho playing in his 3rd grand final yesterday. For those who don't know, he played in the losing Grand Final team for Catalans Dragons in English Super League.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s their experience with being in a poorly coached side, with no moral and getting thrashed on a cold July night?
He didn’t have the best year as coach but I believe some of the his team choices were made because some individuals weren’t showing the right attitude at training and around the club. This next year we’ll be able to tell whether he has what it takes to lead this club to a championship

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know why that was all Coach Cecil had in his kitbag for a whole season of last tackle options?
He must need a bit more rebuilding before he adds some variety into proceedings
To Quote the wiggles “wake up Geoff”.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many Premiership winning halfbacks have gone on to win a Premiership at another club? Cronk? Maloney (include him)....anyone else? Just curious.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How many Premiership winning halfbacks have gone on to win a Premiership at another club? Cronk? Maloney (include him)....anyone else? Just curious.
Halves or solely only ever played half back?

Halves would be Keary, Thurston of course, Kevin Walters, Johnny Mayes (probably before your time) plus Maloney and Cronk as you mentioned. I can't think of any others.

If you asked the same of any position the list would be very short.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Halves or solely only ever played half back?

Halves would be Keary, Thurston of course, Kevin Walters, Johnny Mayes (probably before your time) plus Maloney and Cronk as you mentioned. I can't think of any others.

If you asked the same of any position the list would be very short.

Always a Bulldog
Let's do halves in general and only starting halves so someone like JT doesn't count. There isn't many which is interesting.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's do halves in general and only starting halves so someone like JT doesn't count. There isn't many which is interesting.
I can't think of many fullbacks either, Branigan, Mullins and Boyd.
Hookers, Edge and Koroisau, I can't recall any others
Props, Lazarus with 3 clubs, O'Neil and possibly Prior, that's all I remember.
Lock I think is only Coote.

Always a Bulldog

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
What this comes down too,
Are these blokes the drivers of grand final success or the beneficiaries and role players of Grand final success?
2nd is good compared to a losing mindset but ultimately doesn’t mean a hell of a lot if they aren’t the drivers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What concerns me is morale isn’t high under Ciraldos watch.
CC and Gus have won the media PR war this time Round.
Almost every other time we would hear ‘the coach has lost the dressing room’ and the coach is gone two weeks later as a result but Gus and CC have successfully turned it round to blame the players.
Wil be a fascinating case if we do turn it round in terms of backing the coach.

Lets just see if this continues because I suspect player discontent will surface again if we are unsuccessful in 2024.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't think of many fullbacks either, Branigan, Mullins and Boyd.
Hookers, Edge and Koroisau, I can't recall any others
Props, Lazarus with 3 clubs, O'Neil and possibly Prior, that's all I remember.
Lock I think is only Coote.

Always a Bulldog
Greg Inglis (FB)
Darius Boyd (although he may have played wing in 2006 and FB in 2010)

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What concerns me is morale isn’t high under Ciraldos watch.
CC and Gus have won the media PR war this time Round.
Almost every other time we would hear ‘the coach has lost the dressing room’ and the coach is gone two weeks later as a result but Gus and CC have successfully turned it round to blame the players.
Wil be a fascinating case if we do turn it round in terms of backing the coach.

Lets just see if this continues because I suspect player discontent will surface again if we are unsuccessful in 2024.
Another dickhead :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: