5 day turn around has to go

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw a post on FB that talks about this. I'm paraphrasing and might have it slightly wrong, I've lost the post but...

12 of the last 14 games where teams play after a 5 day turn around, they lose. The 2 times teams have won was against teams on 5 days turn arounds.

That. Is. Fucked.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading something about the AFL having mandatory 6 day turnarounds. Not sure if that’s still a thing but it makes sense if you truly care about player welfare and the integrity of the competition. Teams like the Warriors could probably benefit from that too as they probably lose a day due to travel commitments

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the NRL
NRL sets the draw
the broadcasters set the Tv games

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dumbest thing of all is it can so easily be amended by shuffling game days around ...as we have seen with our own schedule where we've played last game on a Sunday and first game on a Friday.

Just blatant ineptitude by NRLol affecting their teams they are supposed to be administering fairly and best practice.

Gambling focused fools.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just one item of a list of many pieces of evidence that show that this is no longer a sport, it is a made for TV and gambling product.
Soon they will just accept no one attending games probably... bc crowds are just a poor third to gambling and tv.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember reading something about the AFL having mandatory 6 day turnarounds. Not sure if that’s still a thing but it makes sense if you truly care about player welfare and the integrity of the competition. Teams like the Warriors could probably benefit from that too as they probably lose a day due to travel commitments
You are correct. Only variance is when Anzac Day falls late in the round like a Tuesday this year.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But it should be ultimately up to the nrlOL to protect its cattle in this televised betting product.
Agreed. I think the only way this is going to stop, is for the RLPA to get involved in game day allocations. What doesn’t help is teams like the Broncos getting a plethora of Thursday and Friday night games in Prime Time. Obviously they are a channel 9 favourite. Even in 2022 when they were wooden spooners in 2021 it didn’t change.

When Monday night was around you would rarely see the Donkeys get a Monday Night game and consequently back up 5 or 6 days later.

The NRL seem to pander to them.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won't happen, the game makes too much money from Thursday and Friday night games

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We're 0-5 on 5 day turn arounds in 2022 & 2023.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed. Seems as though we are getting the short straw most of the time.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw a post on FB that talks about this. I'm paraphrasing and might have it slightly wrong, I've lost the post but...

12 of the last 14 games where teams play after a 5 day turn around, they lose. The 2 times teams have won was against teams on 5 days turn arounds.

That. Is. Fucked.
Cowboy had a 10 day turnaround... and they smacked roosters