4th Gold Coast Signing expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fourth Gold Coast signing expected

14 July 2005

The Gold Coast is close to signing its fourth player, with officials from the new NRL club hopeful of making a player announcement on Friday.

Gold Coast chairman Paul Broughton confirmed the franchise was currently negotiating with Wests Tigers forward Anthony Laffranchi, Brisbane centre Steve Michaels and Sharks fullback David Peachey.

Peachey has signed a two-year deal with Widnes, but won't link with the English Super League club if it is relegated.

It is currently in second-last place on the ladder with 11 points and is battling Wakefield (14 points) to avoid the drop.

Broughton said the franchise, which has already secured Panthers half Preston Campbell, Dragons prop Luke Bailey and Great Britain winger Brian Carney for its first season in 2007, was aiming to sign seven players by the end of the year.

"We made the statement we are trying to buy back the farm and (Laffranchi) was formerly a Gold Coast junior," Broughton said.

"The coach is still looking for a front rower, a (number) nine, 12, perhaps a seven or an eight."

After conducting a fan poll on its website, the consortium is only "two to three weeks away" from presenting a name and mascot to its board, with the Titans or the Pirates expected to edge out the Stingers as the likely name for the new club.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
Anthony Laffranchi will go to the gold coast!theres been a whisper going around for ages that he will be goin an di think he will be.he only signed a one year deal with the tigers this year.And if he wasn't going to leave he would have signed a longer contract

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
laffranchi WILL join the GC

SBW

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah Anthony Laffranchi will go 2 the gc, i think that david peachey will be a good signing 4 them if they can get him even though it will only be 4 a year, he will add much needed expericence 2 there team, and i dont think steve micheals from the broncos is any good, they shouldnt sign him he will be a waste IMO.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gold Coast Pirates. How gay does that sound.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
K E , is that their official name lol i couldnt b bothered readin tha hole thing

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
go_the_doggies said:
K E , is that their official name lol i couldnt b bothered readin tha hole thing
Officially it's between 'Gold Coast Pirates' or 'Gold Coast Titans'.

Both gay arse names. I heard they will run out to 'It's raining men' The Roosters were kind enough to allow them to use that song to.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special K E said:
Officially it's between 'Gold Coast Pirates' or 'Gold Coast Titans'.

Both gay arse names. I heard they will run out to 'It's raining men' The Roosters were kind enough to allow them to use that song to.
Hhahahahahaha.....HI BOYYYSS

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
the gold coast are goin 2 hav a mad side cuz heeps of players wana return home

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I like the Pirates as the game, it oculd have great possibilties for fans and mascots and stuff.

But i h ope they don't take michaels :(

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
Broncos Girl said:
I like the Pirates as the game, it oculd have great possibilties for fans and mascots and stuff.

But i h ope they don't take michaels :(
me either i hope Michael's stays with brissy ;)

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bring back the gold coast seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
Anthong signed with them!
I knew thatw as cuming though

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lolesi is smart for joining the tigers coz the GC will be ****house in their 1st yr but he'll come into the team when they have had a yr 2 play 2gehter

Status
Not open for further replies.