Opinion 44 Sin Bins in 7 Rounds ..

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slowing down the game. Or the one they tried on NRL360, for why Olam got sent to the bin, was cause the ref warned them the next act of foul play would be going to the bin. 1 set later Olam smashes DCE after he kicked the ball, normally just a penalty, but due to the warning it was 10 in the bin.

I've got no problem with the sin bins. If your going to clean up the game a bit, then you need to penalise players and they will learn and pull there heads in. I think players/coaches were hoping it would stop like previous crackdowns, but this one is going nowhere and I'm sure by the end of season we will see a change in technique.
Preston was sin binned for no reason. He wasnt suspended because he did nothing wrong. There was nothing in his game that needed "cleaning up".
Officials disadvantaged our team for no reason.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned this before, I don’t feel the Nrl are about rigging the game for gambling profits. I feel their focus is on making sure they have an exciting TV product and spectacle, I believe it’s in their best interests to make the game both exciting and controversial, that’s why we’re noticing the influence the ref’s have on the results as opposed to just quietly policing the game, that $1 billion TV media contract feeds a lot of teat sucklers.

I feel they’re also very wary of the rich and powerful and making sure they keep them happy, have a look at the clubs up the top, then look at who owns/runs them, then also ask yourself why those clubs also have the most talented players in the game playing for them, how can the Roosters afford an on paper $15 million dollar team? … no one knows, because the Nrl are to scared to go to these rich and powerful blokes and ask them.

To answer your question, IF, the gambling side of things was rigged, I don’t believe it would come from the high up people running the Nrl, it would most probably come from those a lot further down the pecking order.

And it wouldn’t be about how they’d benefit from Souths beating the Dogs because the odd’s on that would probably be $1.10 v $4.50 very few would bet head to head at those odds.

It’s about the variables, 13 +, muliti’s etc. that’s where the bigger money goes.

If there’s big punters money like $10k, $20k on Souths to beat Dogs by under 12 points, binning a player to push the score up over 13, cashes in.

There’s multiple ways to rig something because there’s various ways to bet on the game, it’s all about where the big money sits…. with the microphones in the ear it’s easy to control, “hey mate, just go back 5 tackles, pretty sure Preston just injured a player via a hip drop, give him 10 in the bin will ya mate” …

All just hypothetical opinions … everything could be above board and we’ve just coped 7 years of bad luck …

The way forward is to get better, out score the opposition to the point bad decisions don’t make a difference and our odds are $1.10 .
Theres alot in that mate. Even with your comments regarding gambling I still fail to see corruption but thats just my opinion.

Roosters on the other hand I dont know what to think.
Cap obviously is a flawed concept. B. Smith taking hundreds of thousands a year unders (I thought players werent allowed to take under their market value) seems dodgey. We all know his unders are offset with $$ elsewhere. I dont understand how TPA's work. They have lawyers and smart people weaving their magic for years but something stinks there, running joke for years even with comentators. But nothing will change.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Preston was sin binned for no reason. He wasnt suspended because he did nothing wrong. There was nothing in his game that needed "cleaning up".
Officials disadvantaged our team for no reason.
That is referee's misunderstanding and erring on the side of caution. Oh no referee also make mistakes. Maybe they can add a third column when they do the match stats for referee errors

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is referee's misunderstanding and erring on the side of caution. Oh no referee also make mistakes. Maybe they can add a third column when they do the match stats for referee errors
I don’t feel fans are opposed to the ref’s cleaning up the game and taking back control, especially when it’s in the interests of player safety.

What fans are after is for the referees to be as consistent as humanly possible .. every man and his dogs knows Preston’s wasn’t a hip drop, but as you say they erred on the side of caution and he got 10 in the bin, 20 minutes later Cam Murray completed a tackle on Preston that was 3 times more a hip drop tackle … yet no going back 5 tackles for that one, not a mention of it by the Nrl.

You’ll never get 100% consistency, but they’re so inconsistent they look dodgy ..

What do you say about the ref calling the try against an obstruction call that lost us the game against the Warriors, it was said he used common sense because Mahoney would never have stopped Johnson.

Where was that common sense last week with our disallowed try that was called obstruction, that Eel player had zero chance of stopping that try … I don’t mind getting ripped 2 points if they’re consistent … but it seems like they use common sense and err on the side of caution when it suits them ..

If AFB hasn’t impeded Mahoney from getting to Johnson here, and Johnson hasn’t used AFB as a shield to score that try, then [emoji137]‍♂ I’m the real Spartacus !!

Image1681879487.990746.jpg

Also, how do they send 1 player to the bin for touching a player one week and then allow hundreds of players to get away with it in all the other games?

Image1681879604.584155.jpg

Tell the dumb ref’s when your falling against your will, you instinctively put your arms and hands down to brace yourself, not both arms up in the air, great acting though.

Where’s the consistency ?

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once apon a time it was rare to see sin bins and send offs.
Smaller margin of error with refs if theyre not sending multiple players in every game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t feel fans are opposed to the ref’s cleaning up the game and taking back control, especially when it’s in the interests of player safety.

What fans are after is for the referees to be as consistent as humanly possible .. every man and his dogs knows Preston’s wasn’t a hip drop, but as you say they erred on the side of caution and he got 10 in the bin, 20 minutes later Cam Murray completed a tackle on Preston that was 3 times more a hip drop tackle … yet no going back 5 tackles for that one, not a mention of it by the Nrl.

You’ll never get 100% consistency, but they’re so inconsistent they look dodgy ..

What do you say about the ref calling the try against an obstruction call that lost us the game against the Warriors, it was said he used common sense because Mahoney would never have stopped Johnson.

Where was that common sense last week with our disallowed try that was called obstruction, that Eel player had zero chance of stopping that try … I don’t mind getting ripped 2 points if they’re consistent … but it seems like they use common sense and err on the side of caution when it suits them ..

If AFB hasn’t impeded Mahoney from getting to Johnson here, and Johnson hasn’t used AFB as a shield to score that try, then [emoji137]‍♂ I’m the real Spartacus !!

View attachment 68780

Also, how do they send 1 player to the bin for touching a player one week and then allow hundreds of players to get away with it in all the other games?

View attachment 68782

Tell the dumb ref’s when your falling against your will, you instinctively put your arms and hands down to brace yourself, not both arms up in the air, great acting though.

Where’s the consistency ?
It's just so obvious we get dudded I really cant understand how fans can keep making excuses for refs.

Sure other teams do as well but let their fans complain about that as well....up to them ...but as long as incidences like the above keep happening, we will be here fighting for the players and the Club and calling it out as a matter of principle.

Wont do any good until our club starts enquiring and implementing mitigating fixes and liason with ref/Nrlol admin but we as supporters can continue to stand up for them on here if we see unfair/bias or agenda driven refs who control our destiny.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just so obvious we get dudded I really cant understand how fans can keep making excuses for refs.

Sure other teams do as well but let their fans complain about that as well....up to them ...but as long as incidences like the above keep happening, we will be here fighting for the players and the Club and calling it out as a matter of principle.

Wont do any good until our club starts enquiring and implementing mitigating fixes and liason with ref/Nrlol admin but we as supporters can continue to stand up for them on here if we see unfair/bias or agenda driven refs who control our destiny.
I agree, I think CC’s focus with the team is let’s just have a no blame attitude, let’s just get better & put the score board beyond the referees bias.

And I agree that’s the right way to coach, only problem is there are going to be very important games, finals games, grand final games in the future where the scores are very close, what happens then.

Hopefully they’re working on liaising with the referees and that curries us a little bit more respect with them ..

The way I see it at the moment, one of our players must have slept with one of their Mrs back in the day and it’s still hurting, and they’re still sending us a message.

Anyway, Like Gus and some of the clubs are doing, I’m keeping a dossier of pictures because we forget the screw overs we got last season and the season before that etc. time to start remembering and keep some records.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree, I think CC’s focus with the team is let’s just have a no blame attitude, let’s just get better & put the score board beyond the referees bias.

And I agree that’s the right way to coach, only problem is there are going to be very important games, finals games, grand final games in the future where the scores are very close, what happens then.

Hopefully they’re working on liaising with the referees and that curries us a little bit more respect with them ..

The way I see it at the moment, one of our players must have slept with one of their Mrs back in the day and it’s still hurting, and they’re still sending us a message.

Anyway, Like Gus and some of the clubs are doing, I’m keeping a dossier of pictures because we forget the screw overs we got last season and the season before that etc. time to start remembering and keep some records.
Yes at this point it's just eating up energy for the coach and players to be consumed by it. Its up to the club if they want to persue it and believe they have a case to present to the NRLol.

Your factual dossier method is foolproof. It's not until you see the photographic proof and how it impacts the team's win/loss that you really evaluate the impact biased ref decisions have on any team, let alone ours. After all thats why we are on TK to talk, debate, argue about OUR team :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

We speak of the undue influence Newscorpse, Crowe, Uncle Nick, now Kayo with Phins, the betting owner of 3 Storm owners, the betting company team jersey sponsors and here's our Club who have publicly supported the non betting fraternity.

Maybe we should sell the Club to Laundy and the focus can then be on the NRLol sucking up to him ;)

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Officiating has been the codes biggest problem each year of late, one focus point after another and over zelous referees looking to sin bin anything, super harsh penalties against teams like ours are a norm too, head of referees should really be looked at, at how the referess of today is been managed and what standards are been trained on these guys.