Opinion 44 Sin Bins in 7 Rounds ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham Annesley had defended the number of sin bins in the opening seven rounds, putting the onus back on the players to stop breaching the rules if they want to stay on the field.

There have been 44 sin bins already this season, up from 28 at the same stage last year, with six players marched for 10 minutes in the two games on Friday night.

There must have been something in the water at Cronulla and Brookvale because three players in each game were sent from the field at different stages because of hip-drops, high tackles, ruck infringements and late hits to vulnerable playmakers.

Image1681738465.187017.jpg

Data released by the NRL shows that we’ve seen the most games decided by 0-6 and 7-12 points since 1908, highlighting how one brain snap by a player can cost his side two competition points.

Of the 44 sin bins this year, 29 were for foul play, with 26 of those charged by the match review committee.

The penalties have played a huge role with 35 tries scored by the team with 13 players, while the team reduced to 12 men has scored 14 tries.

“The players have to comply, and there are standards that they all understand that they need to comply with,” Annesley said.

“One of the frustrating things from our point of view in the administration of the game is that we still see players making decisions that are not necessarily in their best interests or the best interests of their team in the hope they’ll get away with something.”

Image1681738502.402450.jpg

It was a big weekend of talking points, with Annesley urging players to make better decisions after Newcastle’s Lachlan Fitzgibbon was lucky not to be penalised for a needless late hit on Nathan Cleary that could have resulted in a three-point field goal.

The NRL’s head of football was happy with the officiating, including the decision to not award Lindsay Collins a try even though the Roosters were adamant the ball had scraped the line against the Sharks.

He also had no issue with Campbell Graham’s try against the Dolphins, even though replays showed he may have pushed Euan Aitken off the ball.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the question is … out of 44 sin bins, 29 were for foul play, with 26 of those charged by the match review committee.

Why weren’t the other 18 charged and were they even fined, and if only 29 of them were for foul play, what were the other 15 sin binned for ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only are refs ruining the game but I can't stand players deliberately staying down from a fairy tap just so the bunker can look at it
Thats the part I laughed at, he says it’s all about players knowing they can’t get away with any shit, then they fake a push, they fall over, they fain injury, and the ref’s and bunker fall for it 99% of the time … the turbo one against Flanagan in game 1 was kid stuff, are they having a lend of us here ?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In summary.

NRL admin- We're not the ones fucking it up by randomly trying to crack down on something to justify our positions. It's the players who should alter the way they play a game that needn't have changed much since 1908.

I wasn't around back then. But it's a different, harder to follow game with numerous grey areas in rules that often defy logic. I honestly don't like the game anymore. I might feel different if we ever get a level playing field. But whenever I watch more than a few minutes of any game now, I'm usually of the opinion that one team gets screwed. Unfortunately I think we cop it every week. Other teams might be in the same boat, but I don't try to watch other teams every week so can't say for sure.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In summary.

NRL admin- We're not the ones fucking it up by randomly trying to crack down on something to justify our positions. It's the players who should alter the way they play a game that needn't have changed much since 1908.

I wasn't around back then. But it's a different, harder to follow game with numerous grey areas in rules that often defy logic. I honestly don't like the game anymore. I might feel different if we ever get a level playing field. But whenever I watch more than a few minutes of any game now, I'm usually of the opinion that one team gets screwed. Unfortunately I think we cop it every week. Other teams might be in the same boat, but I don't try to watch other teams every week so can't say for sure.
I feel your pain mate, unfortunately your not alone in your comments.

All the club and team can do right now is continue to focus on getting better, they get better, they score more points, it’s harder to get screwed when you continue to click over the score board.

This here is the reason that CC hasn’t mentioned a word about any refereeing decisions and is pushing the no blame it’s all on us attitude, the team can’t focus on referees shit calls because they’re the ones in charge of taking this shit out of the ref’s hands, dominate the opposition, keep piling on the points & what can the referees do then ?

It’s all about getting better and scoring more points, I can see that’s the focus, they are getting better, and they’ll get there ..

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annesley, under your management, the game has deteriiorated away from the players.
You and your referees are now the main spotlight in the game and referees have seized control of game outcomes.

Your arrogant refusal to hear the outraged voices of the fans is a sham.

We pay to see the players determine scorelines and game results.
Not referees blatantly controlling games.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anneseley, what’s this clown on? If the referees on the field are on $300k, and are probably the worst referees we’ve ever seen, this big clown must be on at least $400k to support how shit they really are.

All this money spent on puppets to run a sport into the ground! I can barely watch a full game, my kids think I’m punishing them if ask them to watch a game now, a year ago they wouldn’t miss a game, now it’s like - “ Dad, can we please do something else”, here’s the kicker “ you know the refs are going to ruin the game” that’s their main excuse!

I enjoy watching the game, and I love watching the doggies, they bring people and families together on the weekend. Not anymore, the game has been destroyed by the way it’s run, the previous administration pushed it to the edge and this administration has nudged it over and absolutely fucked it to a point where it’s unrecognisable! Thanks for ruining the weekend nrLOL!!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So only 26 charged of the 44 sent off for 10 minutes and greatly altering the outcome of the falsely "punished" team and Anals lee and NRLol are proud of that!!!!

Thats a alarmingly huge % of players sin binned and yet the MRC not agreeing with the ref/bunker decisions. Scam.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So which team has the most & least sin bins & penalties. this year.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Annesley is a stain on the game. Rather than address the issues he just blindly defends the indefensible. Nothing will ever change while he is at the helm, and it’s ridiculous his position isnt under scrutiny

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we at any stage played a team who had a player binned? Was Storm the only one?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So only 26 charged of the 44 sent off for 10 minutes and greatly altering the outcome of the falsely "punished" team and Anals lee and NRLol are proud of that!!!!

Thats a alarmingly huge % of players sin binned and yet the MRC not agreeing with the ref/bunker decisions. Scam.
It’s not quite that bad Wendy, 29 with 26 charged means 3 times the refs got it wrong. The NRL’s own MRC determined that 10+% of the refs sin bin decisions for foul play were wrong. The next question is how many of their sin bin decisions for non foul play were also wrong, another 10% or more? There’s no MRC involvement to tells us if non foul play sin bins were justified or not.

The real issue here is the 35 tries scored by their opposition when a team has a player in the sin bin. On average almost 1 try is scored while a team has a player in the sin bin. Then we have “Data released by the NRL shows that we’ve seen the most games decided by 0-6 and 7-12 points since 1908”. Add that to the long term effect playing with 1 player down has on a team. It’s plain that sin binnings are deciding the outcome of games and at least 10+% of them are wrong.

When we dig even a little bit it’s scary.

Always a Bulldog

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
In summary.

You are spot on about the grey areas.

The repeated six agains are the worst. Most of the time nobody can tell what they were for

And at the right time they are game changers as teams can't keep defending repeated sets

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the question is … out of 44 sin bins, 29 were for foul play, with 26 of those charged by the match review committee.

Why weren’t the other 18 charged and were they even fined, and if only 29 of them were for foul play, what were the other 15 sin binned for ?
Professional fouls aren’t foul play so don’t attract a charge…

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annesley is a stain on the game. Rather than address the issues he just blindly defends the indefensible. Nothing will ever change while he is at the helm, and it’s ridiculous his position isnt under scrutiny
Annesley and his mate V'landys are two of the biggest blights on the game. Annesley is just incompetent whilst V'landys is an egotistical F#*@wit that doesn’t understand the game. He knows how he wants the game to look. He wants it faster and faster. Faster is not always better.

The current administration of the game have lost sight on what Rugby League is. They make changes to rules and rule interpretations on the fly. Seemingly without consultation with the key stakeholders in the game.