36 to nothing why is it whenever we NEED to win we lose brilliantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do we suffer this phenomenon? Are we secretly afraid of success ? , has Des drilled this bullshit of staying under the radar so deep in their psyche that they cannot advance past it.

It is a real problem just never seen in it in a team mentality.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs looked completely off the pace.. Slow service from dummy half..slow clunky attack..slow line speed in defence.. Just really lacklustre.. It was their chance to really stamp their premiership credentials and they failed miserably..really disappointing..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dogs looked completely off the pace.. Slow service from dummy half..slow clunky attack..slow line speed in defence.. Just really lacklustre.. It was their chance to really stamp their premiership credentials and they failed miserably..really disappointing..
I reckon Des said 'hey boys just go out and have fun'

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
man ...of all games to lose like that it had to be a thursday ... depression on a Friday and all weekend :anguished:.. Fridays meant to be the best day of the week... not today it aint...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you were ever going to lose like that it would definitely be against a master class Thurston performance playing away from home against the premiers coming off a bye in that typical north Queensland humidity. I'm pretty sure other teams would have copped a 50+ score line. The dogs actually had a cracker first set until the refs blundered that call on Perett which should have gone to the dogs for a cowboys knock on. The game was never the same.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually reckon the Canberra at belmore was more of a shocker.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After last nights performance I think they will struggle against Dragons and Knights and both those teams are abysmal.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you were ever going to lose like that it would definitely be against a master class Thurston performance playing away from home against the premiers coming off a bye in that typical north Queensland humidity. I'm pretty sure other teams would have copped a 50+ score line. The dogs actually had a cracker first set until the refs blundered that call on Perett which should have gone to the dogs for a cowboys knock on. The game was never the same.
Yep I understand what you mean..but they did have four days to acclimatise.. And gee there was just no fight in them for the majority of the game..had a fantastic defensive set on their line and that was it.. Even if things are going wrong I'd expect a bit more fight..from what I could see.and I know I'm a nobody..it just wasn't there..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope can't agree, other teams show energy in there line speed, we were very slow and uninterested, Thurtson was only great as he was given all the time in the world to put those kicks in.
Look at Josh Reynolds, got fucking hammered when he put a kick in and why? because our service was slow as and Cowboys don't wait for the attack to come to them like we do. Hopoate's positional play on some of those kicks were pretty dreadful to. He's always turning back to pick them up the last few weeks, gets our sets off to a bad start.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They didn't look happy though.. Lol!
Yes you're right , the convo was probably more like this ;

Des :Ok boys get off that play station its time to play'

Team : 'five more minutes just have to save this level'

Des: I'll throw that play station through the door if you boys don't get ready now!

I hate Des ( whinge whinge) hmmmph

Status
Not open for further replies.