3 top signings

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate ....Really tired of all.the excuses.
We have no one left,the shittest roster in the comp and you come up with this... well boo boo.. .get on with it and start recruiting some stars not reserve graders...but more to the point hiding behind our inept recruitment team who are just pathetic...No one wants to come to the dogs.
SOLUTIONS NOT EXCUSES !!
They might be shit... but facts speak for themselves

Foran on close to a mil a season - back ended
Tolman - 600k back ended
Hopoate - 600k back ended
Jackson let’s call it’s 700k back ended

Run along lol

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate you’re forgetting foran Jackson Hopoate tolman all on back ended contracts which end 2020
"mate" i said decent number, not all of them. Dont forget we got rid of the morris twins, klemmer, sharon woods, mbye, reynolds. That is at the very least 3-4 mil. It would more than make of for whatever back ended contracts are left. Yes, we are paying for some to play at other clubs, but I think we are filling the top 30 with shit on purpose to build a warchest for 2021, like what the knights did. I cant see any other logic for what they are currently doing.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"mate" i said decent number, not all of them. Dont forget we got rid of the morris twins, klemmer, sharon woods, mbye, reynolds. That is at the very least 3-4 mil. It would more than make of for whatever back ended contracts are left. Yes, we are paying for some to play at other clubs, but I think we are filling the top 30 with shit on purpose to build a warchest for 2021, like what the knights did. I cant see any other logic for what they are currently doing.
That’s probably what they’re doing... keep in mind. We got rid of all those players to get us under for this year... Lynne did quote by saying that 2020 is gonna be a struggle cap wise

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tolman - 600k back ended

Run along lol
So you've seen the contracts have you??
Just get rid of them then,tolman,jackson and the other 2, and be done with it ....we excel as a club in doing that..
Just be sure to leave behind our old grey and rusty goalposts.... that's our DNA right.....

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you've seen the contracts have you??
Just get rid of them then,tolman,jackson and the other 2, and be done with it ....we excel as a club in doing that..
Just be sure to leave behind our old grey and rusty goalposts.... that's our DNA right.....
Obviously I’m quoting roughy figures... and it’s obvious that foran Hoppa and Jackson aren’t on any less lol

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not in order of priority but any combo of these positions makes us infinitely better next year.

9. Api Koroisau, Isaac Luke, Jayden brailey(early release if possible) , Jazz Tevaga

Outside back.
Oates, Rapana, Feki, Jennings, Gela Mosby, French, Justin O’Neil.

Halves
Mitchell Moses, Benji Marshall, Sam Williams.

These may not be popular choices but there’s no doubting that every player mentioned is better than what we currently have contracted for next year. And if the club cant recruit at least one from each position without breaking the bank than they may as well give it away.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where and who have we spent the remaining $7M of the cap?
How much of our cap is being spent on players no longer here though?
We could still be paying for Woods and Mbye. You’d hope we aren’t paying for Suli or Perrett.

It’s probably for the best we didn’t also sign Moses & Tedesco. We couldn’t afford to keep Woods how would we have kept those two as well?

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tom Johnstone is winger you want from the super league.
he goes well. we should look to the ESL , raiders have signed some gun players over the years. bateman is a gun player and he has made a difference this year for the raiders. souths have the burgess boys.
We could pick up a good half or fullback on the cheap

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tolman - 600k back ended

Run along lol
Are you the clubs accountant how would you even know these figures,so many on here just make shit up

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate ....Really tired of all.the excuses.
We have no one left,the shittest roster in the comp and you come up with this... well boo boo.. .get on with it and start recruiting some stars not reserve graders...but more to the point hiding behind our inept recruitment team who are just pathetic...No one wants to come to the dogs.
SOLUTIONS NOT EXCUSES !!
It's easy to confuse reasons with excuses, the undeniable fact is we are within $1m of spending the cap this year. That's a fact, not an excuse. We could spend all of our cap this year, if the right player/s were available currently, but there isn't anyone obvious that we want in the positions that we need. That is also a fact, not an excuse. Next year we have around $2m free under the cap, that's an educated guess, based on the contracts that finish this year. The contracts that finish this year are a fact, how much they are worth, that's a guess, but again not an excuse.

Perhaps a reminder, the NRL requires that at least 95% of the Salary Cap be spent in any one year (that's a fact) and I seriously doubt that we don't intend to comply with that requirement.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you are forgetting that we were around $3m over the cap if we didn't get rid of Woods, Mbye and Reynolds. So moving them on made us cap compliant, so not money we could spend on someone else. The Napa for Klemmer swap saved us maybe $200k. Plus we added Meaney, CHN, Cogger, CSmith, Crichton and Sue. Not all have worked out, some have, but they weren't expensive players anyway.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
he goes well. we should look to the ESL , raiders have signed some gun players over the years. bateman is a gun player and he has made a difference this year for the raiders. souths have the burgess boys.
We could pick up a good half or fullback on the cheap
I like J.Lomax if we are looking for a half. Very handy running 6 imo, wanted him about 3 years ago but he signed a long term deal.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Move Holland to hooker off the bench.
Get 2 centres (Whare and Feki), and sign Gutherson/French for the wing.

Luke Thompson looks good but is a massive gamble and competing against ESL $$$.
Gutherson has been offered a 750k for 4 year deal (fullback money) you want us to pay that & more for a winger?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to confuse reasons with excuses, the undeniable fact is we are within $1m of spending the cap this year. That's a fact, not an excuse. We could spend all of our cap this year, if the right player/s were available currently, but there isn't anyone obvious that we want in the positions that we need. That is also a fact, not an excuse. Next year we have around $2m free under the cap, that's an educated guess, based on the contracts that finish this year. The contracts that finish this year are a fact, how much they are worth, that's a guess, but again not an excuse.

Perhaps a reminder, the NRL requires that at least 95% of the Salary Cap be spent in any one year (that's a fact) and I seriously doubt that we don't intend to comply with that requirement.

Go Dogs
Mate you carnt say in one sentence...using the word fact, then later on in you post talking about an educated guess.
It is either all fact or all.fiction make your mind up.
Here's the thing...No matter how much money we have free ..it appears no player wants to come to the dogs....there is no draw card, no incentive, look at the way we have treated our players....very volatile environment.and the continual negative press by the media..seriously what player would want to come?
To state that we were 3 million dollars over the cap with the previous administration is ludicrous.
The chairman at the time as I remember over estimated the cap by around 500k.when the nrl was negotiating the new rights deal.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s only a few people that know our exact cap position and they aren’t on here. There is a huge difference between being under the cap and using the cap effectively and right now going off the player movement we are under the cap and that’s it. People can choose not to believe it and think we have heaps of money to spend but we don’t when you look at who has left and who we bought in. Anyone that was signed by Dib is more then likely going to have a backended contract and there’s still plenty on our books. It’s shit but it’s the way it is.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Since when do top players sign with us? Fknlol.
Just coz we have the money doesn't mean we can attract them.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mitchell Moses, haha.

People really do have short memories, he's the flavour of the month after a few good games.