3 more weeks of pain

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a shocking year it really has, ive never seen anything as bad, you know its sad when you literally dont expect to win any game and have won 2 in 21, probably going to end 2 wins 23 losses. Team needs a full cleanout which thankfully it will get to an extent next year, Napa, Katoa are arguably the two worst players to ever pull on a Bulldogs shirt, surely with who we have next year Waddell shouldnt play more than 5 games for us unless theres an injury crisis because hes awful aswell. I cant wait for this year to be over its like torture, bring on 2022 where we actually start winning! (I hope)

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been a disaster.. the worst part is, there's virtually nothing to build upon...

Any player that shows any sort of promise, just seems to go backwards.. I'm sure if Horsborough and James stayed long enough, they'd probably turn to shit also..

If someone said at the start of the season this is where we'd be at the end of it, I'd probably would of laughed at them .. seems as though the joke was on me for having hope..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going to be more painfull when season is over if in lock down.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The times of hope and optimistic are over. There should be no way we're as bad as we were this year next year but I won't be expecting too much of an improvement (how many times have we been burnt now?). This season was a complete waste, literally no improvement. When I start to see something next year I'll revaluate my expectations. Even with the recruits we've made for next year the only team I could make an argument we could legitimately finish above is the Cowboys. I have a feeling the bookies will have us favourites for the wooden spoon again.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im ready to call it quits for 2021 as now We’re now just going through the motions. Apart from getting some decent signings this year incl. Gus. This club has managed to desensitised me more than any time in my 40 odd years of supporting them. I no longer get excited or nervous before a match I’m now so indifferent now to the results, the news or any hope of any joy.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a few players I have hopes for in getting better in a side that has more quality, thats Schoupp, BBO and Averillo, less pressure on these players to play their own game can only do them good.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im ready to call it quits for 2021 as now We’re now just going through the motions. Apart from getting some decent signings this year incl. Gus. This club has managed to desensitised me more than any time in my 40 odd years of supporting them. I no longer get excited or nervous before a match I’m now so indifferent now to the results, the news or any hope of any joy.
Im the same, I remember the days of being nervous before every match, its sad how now I just expect a defeat however with our team next year im hoping the nerves come back as with that team we should be very competitive and if we arent, Baz is done for, hes had a free pass this year from the board considering how bad the squad is.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The saddest part is he had an open cheque book and wrapped up the spoon very early in the season.

There is nothing we can point to as fans and say 'this part of our game has improved'.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't do it to yourself guys. Not worth it.

Theres a massive turnover of players for next season, we literally will be unrecognisable next year to this year.

Take it for what it is for the rest of this year, just plain shit.

There's no amount of rotating or coaching that's going to save this shit show.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spot on.

I never missed a second. Id pause the game and run to take a piss etc.

Now days it’s like meh grab a few drinks on the way back to sedate it.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it to yourself guys. Not worth it.

Theres a massive turnover of players for next season, we literally will be unrecognisable next year to this year.

Take it for what it is for the rest of this year, just plain shit.

There's no amount of rotating or coaching that's going to save this shit show.
I can just imagine hearing these words again for the entire first half of the season ‘we’re a new squad, takes time for the combos to gel’

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can just imagine hearing these words again for the entire first half of the season ‘we’re a new squad, takes time for the combos to gel’
I'm not saying barrett is out of the woods. Just saying there's no point getting stressed this season.

At the very least if barrett gets sacked next year, we still have a very capable squad.

At the moment our squad is just shit and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreeing with everyone else and yeah, I can't keep putting myself through watching every week; this is probably the most frustrated I've felt since I've started watching the bulldogs from the mid 90's (and I remember the bad years when SBW left and we got fucked with our pack - eg Fred Briggs as a starting front rower)

I'm wanting 2022 to come around like everyone else (not least for Rona to fuck right off) just so we can watch some decent Bulldogs football.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the boredom of lockdown, I would of stopped watching them by now.. the only reason I do is cause I have nothing better to do..

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a few players I have hopes for in getting better in a side that has more quality, thats Schoupp, BBO and Averillo, less pressure on these players to play their own game can only do them good.
Add Tommo to this, hes being regarded as a top class forward in a shite pack, around better forwards, he can really be one of the worlds best

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is one positive my account loves it…

On the negative we are getting worse if that’s possible

Hate to be the bearer of bad news though we won’t make finals next year rather it will be a 2-3 year plan

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one positive my account loves it…

On the negative we are getting worse if that’s possible

Hate to be the bearer of bad news though we won’t make finals next year rather it will be a 2-3 year plan
I disagree mate, not im the fact Im saying we ll definitely make finals because I really dont know however we ve signed some real quality for next year and as you can see this year bar 4 teams the rest of the league are pretty shit. I back us to be in the top 8 if not next season, the one after

Reactions: ATT