3-2-1 for Centenary Test Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

3- Cameron Smith: He was fantastic. He was creating opportunities, toying with the defence and tackling hard. Scored a try and just had an all round great game.

2- Willie Mason: Best forward on field for mine. So destructive in every run. He made over 200 meters and 14 tackles as well as playing for over 60 minutes and scored a try. A great effort. He was talking earlier in the week about how he has to lift his game because he was lucky to be selected, well he definitely lived up to his word.

1- Greg Bird: Over 200 meters, very strong, put on some good hits and played well. I thought he missed a few opportunities that a five-eighth should have taken but he is still learning. He did very well and proved that he deserves his spot in the team.

Honourable mentions to the whole back line and Steve Price.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
3 - Greg Inglis - Scored a hat trick of tries and was unstoppable down that left side of the field.

2 - Willie Mason - Virtually awesome when he came off the bench and imo plays his best football coming into the game then leading from the start. Answered the selectors call about him being picked and should retain his spot in the side.

1 - Israel Folau - 2 tries on Test debut and the youngest player to put the green and gold on i thought he played great and was running up the middle of the field and not just down the sideline.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
3- Cooper Cronk- Steered the side brilliantly and set up a lot of the play for his teammates today, commanded well and just did an awesome job at halfback.

2- Willie Mason
- Mase had his best game in a long time today, damaging in the ruck, smart with his offloads and it was great to see him get a try for his reward, just a dominant display.

1- Brett Stewart- Great debut for mine, he saved the Aussies quite a few times with some timely catches and runs and was supporting every play, creating the overlaps for Inglis and Folau to turn into tries... he is simply a class act whether at fullback or wing and he is an amazing talent.

Notable mentions to the whole team, especially Steven Price who carved up the opposition and Greg Inglis who was just awesome... but TBH, all 17 deserve MOM awards for that performance, it was simply sublime.. :D

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
3.Greg Bird
2. mason
1. inglis

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
3.Bird Carved
2.Inglis Carved
1.Stewart Safe as a condom.

Mason also carved.

Our Backrow were non-existant.

11.Mason
12.Watmough
13.Maitua.

Should have been the case.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
nar Maitua barely deserves his 13 in the dogs line up over Te Maari.

He needs to lift early in 08 or i'd be calling for Te Maari to take over at 13.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
mason...wea was that form all year for the dogs eh??

H

Haztrick

nar Maitua barely deserves his 13 in the dogs line up over Te Maari.

He needs to lift early in 08 or i'd be calling for Te Maari to take over at 13.
Agreed.

Stewart was safe but IMO doesn't deserve to be near the top 3 for the match. Neither does Inglis or Folau. They did well, but others where doing more (Mason, Bird, Smith, Price, Civo all creating the tries or making the meters fir the tries)

Westside

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
youd give them all 3 if you could. its hard to argue with people being left out. (unless it's kite or crocker!!)

3- bird
2- inglis
1- price

actually ... i dont bloody know. you could give it to anyone really! how could i leave price out? or willie?.. then id have to leave out a guy who scored 3 tries!! cmon!!!

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matai was the Main reason for the Constant Scoring of Tries, Cameron Smith, Ingles, Folau, Hayne, Mason & Bird were merely making the Game a Living Hell for the Kiwis.

Status
Not open for further replies.