$20k, is that it?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
He probably was, but what point are you trying to make here?
I think his point is plenty of coaches have been fined previously for stating the facts about certain refereeing performances so Robinson should be in the same boat. I agree with Robinson on this one but his woe-is-the-Roosters whining got a bit much, he has won the lottery on plenty of occasions with JWH over the years both on the field and at the judiciary.
Ricky Stuart was correct as well years ago when he called out shit refereeing performances but he still got hammered by the NRL. Same as Hasler in the above article. The NRL are shit-scared to let coaches vent their opinions on refs in press conferences because they know how useless their on-field officials would be shown up to be.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his point is plenty of coaches have been fined previously for stating the facts about certain refereeing performances so Robinson should be in the same boat. I agree with Robinson on this one but his woe-is-the-Roosters whining got a bit much, he has won the lottery on plenty of occasions with JWH over the years both on the field and at the judiciary.
Ricky Stuart was correct as well years ago when he called out shit refereeing performances but he still got hammered by the NRL. Same as Hasler in the above article. The NRL are shit-scared to let coaches vent their opinions on refs in press conferences because they know how useless their on-field officials would be shown up to be.
Robbo was stating facts when he said we are the most penalised team in the comp and the most targeted as we have over multiple seasons been the the team to receive the least number of penalties. That is not a statistical anomaly. Coaches should be able to state facts in pressers even if those facts show how useless or bias the refs are. But of course the NRL don't like that so this will not be the last time we are fined.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo was stating facts when he said we are the most penalised team in the comp and the most targeted as we have over multiple seasons been the the team to receive the least number of penalties. That is not a statistical anomaly. Coaches should be able to state facts in pressers even if those facts show how useless or bias the refs are. But of course the NRL don't like that so this will not be the last time we are fined.
In 2021 the Bulldogs have conceded the most penalties & awarded the least
Team / For / Against
CB 75 / 127
SR 84 / 119

In 2020 Roosters were 3rd most conceded
2019 2nd
2018 5th
2017 6th
2016 14th
2015 6th
2014 1st!
2013 1st!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Robbo was right and wrong. Some decisions in the match were bad, and the bunker does fuck up a lot. But carrying on about how long it took them to act on it was wrong. Obviously the ref didn't get a good look at it to act immediately. We know the bunker probably looked at it a few times in slow mo before they acted too, so of course it would take a moment to act on it. I also dont think it was a send off offence. It wasnt intentionally high. He was very wrong place wrong time, going in for a covering tackle (trying to stop the offload as well) and Manu got tackled and fell towards LM who also was coming at him. A collision.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Robbo's whinge last week had the desired effect tonight. Penalties- Roosters 8 Raiders 3. Fuck knows what the set-restart stat was, probably similar.
Tedesco's over the head lob to Keighran for the try where he collided with the upright was roughly 5 metres forward, how the fuck do the officials miss something like that? Disgraceful.
Sutton saw Tuiponua pull off a shoulder charge around the 54th minute, does nothing, then when he is running back onside Sutton tells him "use your arms Sitili". Will he get charged? It was exactly the same style of tackle as what Rapana got put on report for.
And then when Tedesco wanted to challenge the Canberra player into touch ruling Sutton tells him "you can't challenge it's been more than 10 seconds" then backflips and lets him challenge anyway. If that cheating Sutton **** is supposedly the best ref the NRL have got the game is in more trouble than we thought.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo's whinge last week had the desired effect tonight. Penalties- Roosters 8 Raiders 3. Fuck knows what the set-restart stat was, probably similar.
Tedesco's over the head lob to Keighran for the try where he collided with the upright was roughly 5 metres forward, how the fuck do the officials miss something like that? Disgraceful.
Sutton saw Tuiponua pull off a shoulder charge around the 54th minute, does nothing, then when he is running back onside Sutton tells him "use your arms Sitili". Will he get charged? It was exactly the same style of tackle as what Rapana got put on report for.
And then when Tedesco wanted to challenge the Canberra player into touch ruling Sutton tells him "you can't challenge it's been more than 10 seconds" then backflips and lets him challenge anyway. If that cheating Sutton **** is supposedly the best ref the NRL have got the game is in more trouble than we thought.
Re-starts was Roosters 3-2. I saw the shoulder charge & couldn't believe something so obvious wasn't penalised & put on report & then I remembered it's finals next week. It's corruption time!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Re-starts was Roosters 3-2. I saw the shoulder charge & couldn't believe something so obvious wasn't penalised & put on report & then I remembered it's finals next week. It's corruption time!
Sutton saw it and then told him to use his arms next time. Good enough reason to drop Sutton from next week's matches at least. Fucking lottery this joke of a competition.