$20k, is that it?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been reported that old mate Trent Robinson was hit with a monster $20k fine for his tirade against the establishment.

Surely the NRL could've come out with a larger number?

E320coupe

Waterboy
Reaction score
“The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued the Sydney Roosters with a Breach Notice and a total fine of $40,000 for the alleged abuse of match officials during Friday night’s game against the South Sydney Rabbitohs and public comments made at the post match media conference which are alleged to have breached the NRL’s Code of Conduct,” the NRL release in a statement.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Deserved zero, everything he said was on point. Officiating is a disgrace.
I’d argue some of the coaching in the NRL is pretty poor. Robinsons a massive sook god forbid a roosters player cop a cheap shot. Happens every week

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like him or not he was 100% correct in everything he said, Uncle nick would have given him the nod to rip in before the presser as an investment for the finals. Well done to the roosters , he only said what most of us are thinking.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was more surprised by Gus's comments on the telly last night still going into bat for Mitchell saying there was no intent other than a collision to protect his try line. I have watched that hit about 20 times and also his body language after, even when he realized the damage done. Gould said anyone that implies that he meant to hurt him was childish and completely wrong.

Mitchell has a history of lashing out with his boots and his arms and as previously mentioned he broke Brimsons jaw kicking out in a tackle. If there was no intent by Mitchell and if he sincerely did not mean to hurt his "mate" they way he did then he is hopeless at showing or expressing that. When approached by Manu he did not show any remorse or concern for his mate, instead he looked pissed off about being challenged about it. Even after having time to see the hit replayed over in the sin bin and a chance to cool down he still acted like a pissed off child after he came back on and scored, slamming the ball down beside at the rooster player on the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game has gone soft and there is some ridiculous policing like the hair pull bullshit or tackles called high shots when players have fallen over just before being tackled. Control aggression is great but if you fuck up a tackle, or intentionally attack the head expect consequences.

Not sure what Gould's angle with it is, or if maybe he is looking at the players we are assembling and thinking about the many future judiciary visits he might have with the likes of TPJ, Hetho, Thompson etc. :tearsofjoy:

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That article that was put out today “dispelling the myth” that they weren’t late to react to the hit on Manu. What happened on the field suggested otherwise.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're paying the 40K fines for Robbo's outburst, word has it 6 of our sponsors lined up to pay it for him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixed it for you;
We're paying the 40K fines for Robbo's outburst, word has it 6 of Politis's mates lined up to pay it for him.
Everyone knows that there no Chook's sponsors, or fans for that matter, they are all just "known associates" of Politis.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was more surprised by Gus's comments on the telly last night still going into bat for Mitchell saying there was no intent other than a collision to protect his try line. I have watched that hit about 20 times and also his body language after, even when he realized the damage done. Gould said anyone that implies that he meant to hurt him was childish and completely wrong.

Mitchell has a history of lashing out with his boots and his arms and as previously mentioned he broke Brimsons jaw kicking out in a tackle. If there was no intent by Mitchell and if he sincerely did not mean to hurt his "mate" they way he did then he is hopeless at showing or expressing that. When approached by Manu he did not show any remorse or concern for his mate, instead he looked pissed off about being challenged about it. Even after having time to see the hit replayed over in the sin bin and a chance to cool down he still acted like a pissed off child after he came back on and scored, slamming the ball down beside at the rooster player on the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game has gone soft and there is some ridiculous policing like the hair pull bullshit or tackles called high shots when players have fallen over just before being tackled. Control aggression is great but if you fuck up a tackle, or intentionally attack the head expect consequences.

Not sure what Gould's angle with it is, or if maybe he is looking at the players we are assembling and thinking about the many future judiciary visits he might have with the likes of TPJ, Hetho, Thompson etc. :tearsofjoy:
Compare his response to Joey with CHN's response to Jarome Hughes. Whatever else we may think of CHN, in that moment he made it clear that there was no intent, he showed immediate remorse. Compare that moment with the Lattrell-Manu moment, it is night and day.

Other thing, given you've been looking at the footage. Is the expression on Gagai's face due to him witnessing the collision?