2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Skelton
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Addo carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Turpin
15. Knight
16. Salmon
17. Morrin
Its like the Dogs get a rocket up their ass when Morrin comes on, talk about heart!

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So JAC doesn’t make your starting side, and you’d put Xerri on his wing instead …

Interesting ..
Im undecided if he's trolling given the first side he picked, and the number of posts made since joining.. most people ease in..

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its like the Dogs get a rocket up their ass when Morrin comes on, talk about heart!
As much as I liked what Kiraz did at the start of last year I think Skelton offers than and then also the threat in the opposition goal line that Kiraz doesn’t

up_theDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
As much as I liked what Kiraz did at the start of last year I think Skelton offers than and then also the threat in the opposition goal line that Kiraz doesn’t
I don't know why but when I see Skelton on the wing he reminds me of Maika Sivo they weigh the same and Skelton is taller. I can just imagine him steam rolling players as he runs to the tryline

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im undecided if he's trolling given the first side he picked, and the number of posts made since joining.. most people ease in..
Time will tell mate. I appreciate the posts comment, no worries, but my team picked really? Like I said there where some tough decisions.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I havent seen much of him. Again mate its all about depth and competition for spots and its all going so well in that area.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why but when I see Skelton on the wing he reminds me of Maika Sivo they weigh the same and Skelton is taller. I can just imagine him steam rolling players as he runs to the tryline
It was unfortunate he was unable to take his opportunities last year, once because he was suspended and once because he was injured. It will be a shame if we lose him from the club before we get to see what he can do in fg

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Xerri is picked first round then we are fooked

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why say that mate?
If Xerri gets picked then CC, JT and the trainers think he is ready (from his preseason training and trial form). If the pick him, then i'll believe that he is ready to fuckin carve up for the dogs. I betting him to have more long range tries than fox this year (Could be Josh Morris in his golden years)

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is not picked first round then we are looking strong for the fact he doesn’t get picked. Whoever does get picked must be going great.

If Xerri comes back anywhere near the player he was. He will be our best value signing in years! I think he will be huge for us this year.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to know what you base this comment on, have you been watching him train, is he off the pass, has the 4 years slowed him down, bad hands, afraid of contact ..

Im interested in how you’ve arrived at your comment ..

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why say that mate?
If Xerri gets picked then CC, JT and the trainers think he is ready (from his preseason training and trial form). If the pick him, then i'll believe that he is ready to fuckin carve up for the dogs. I betting him to have more long range tries than fox this year (Could be Josh Morris in his golden years)
I think there is no choice but to pick him. He's not a rookie, not like your scheduling the right team for his debut. He just needs to get back out there and for me the sooner the better. Just chuck him on the wing and go from there. Who knows what will happen but I bet its entertaining.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
For me

1. Tracey/taafe battle it out. Unless Critta is absolutely demanding it with what the coach’s are seeing.

2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta/tracey
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexton/hutch battle it out
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight/sutton battle for it
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Edwards
16. Sutton/knight
17. Hughes

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is no choice but to pick him. He's not a rookie, not like your scheduling the right team for his debut. He just needs to get back out there and for me the sooner the better. Just chuck him on the wing and go from there. Who knows what will happen but I bet its entertaining.
One of my concerns that may affect Xerri is his tackling technique regarding hip drops. Being a centre he will often have to hold and then slide to make tackles making prone to tacking side-on and trying to drag down players that get outside him.

Lucky for him, he has pace. But most other players have had a good year or couple of pre-seasons to get accustomed to when hip drops can occur especially in gang tackles.

He also has to get in sync with how his inside and outside defenders tackle. Some go high (Kikau, Burton) some go low (Preston, Mahoney), some don't tackle at all and go for intercepts (JAC)..... He'll need to understand the nuances of his teammates and how fatigue affects their defensive techniques.

There's a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff that make a player and decision making what it is.

I certainly hope he can be a shining light.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So JAC doesn’t make your starting side, and you’d put Xerri on his wing instead …

Interesting ..
Agreed. JAC is simple BETTER than Xerri, until proven otherwise, and Burton is simple BETTER than Salmon. People are getting too caught up trying to squeeze their "new favourite toys" in, at the expense of rep players? LAUGHABLE! And this isn't a dig at 4Runner, this seems to be happening a lot in these "Wishlists". Good enough to play for NSW/PM's 17/Australia, but NOT good enough for the Bulldogs... :sweatsmile: