Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The edge forwards killed them. The hooker seemed to be irritating the opposition,reminded me of Ennis lol. I thought the refereeing was really good for that level.
Yeah, those two backrowers were terrific .... it looks a very well balanced team.

Spot on about the ref, he let it flow without all the nit picking stuff we often see.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People have had big wraps on Sloan for a while he is a star in the making.

Loving our 2 fowards Xavier Timoteo and Itula Seve.
Just doing a little research on SLOAN ... he had SIX clubs chasing him ..... Indigenous u/15's team last year .... I had never heard of him until two weeks ago.

Need to spend more time on this part of TK where all the smart people are :D

I doubt there is a better front row pairing in the Matts cup than Timoteo and Seve ...

Parramatta after the bye round .... should be a great matchup.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
What’s that now, 1 win 1 draw 2 losses. Team was very hyped.
Apart from Seve just don’t have the forwards I guess. Some might have played jersey flegg this week gambling they would beat Canberra anyway…Guess not.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from Seve just don’t have the forwards I guess. Some might have played jersey flegg this week gambling they would beat Canberra anyway…Guess not.
Might have just had some players go to Flegg because Flegg was only a trial and probably took a larger squad. Few of the squad is a bit younger as well and might take some time to adapt to the increased physicality. I think they’ll still be up there they haven’t lost by much.

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
We can't afford to lose another game or we won't make the semi's.
Yep I agree, have a buy and 4 games left. Need to win all four. I think its a top 5? Anyway top 5 or top 4 of 17 makes it hard to make semis.

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
Also means the draw can be really skewed as you only play 8 of the 16 possible match ups in a season. So a team can play all four of the top teams and another might play none of them.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I agree, have a buy and 4 games left. Need to win all four. I think its a top 5? Anyway top 5 or top 4 of 17 makes it hard to make semis.
No byes, there's only 16 teams. You might be thinking of H.M. We'd need to win 5 and some of them well because we may need to rely on for and against

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sg ball is playing tigers next week, who are very bad this year. They are 0-4 so hopefully a easy win there.