2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d imagine it would be quite hard to find him guilty if it wasn’t picked up by any mics. Whilst his interview looks bad, it’ll hardly be enough

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel like i live in another world. How the fck is a Samoan accused of being racist to another Pasefika person by using the term monkey. He did not say black anything. It is not racist. Melanesian and Polynesian have so many cultural, language and custom similarities that it can be argued that we are the same race. The world has gone fkn mad
get what you're saying but u still can't say that on a footy field in the nrl

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But in reality. The impact of these types of words is different when said by a white person because of colonialism, stolen generation, slavery, blackbirding etc. i kbiw its a double standard but that's how it is…or at least i thought
Might be a watershed moment.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The "monkey" thing is so ridiculous. I really don't like Mann. What an emo carnt!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying. Though the reason the NRL is going to give him a big penalty is for him saying it in LV when they're trying to get a good rep there. It was the wrong time & place to say something like that. If it happened in round 2 back in Sydney it wouldn't have gotten so big.
Coming across as a fair bit of a dh of late this bloke, though he is a good player we maybe dodged a bullet.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"he can't help what he felt".. euch.. I get it. He's a young man, and probably been encouraged by everyone around him to be on the defensive about this stuff. But god dammit. This is where an actual team mate should go up to him and say "look mate, you're a man in a man's game. Get over it, let us forwards sort him out".

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’d imagine it would be quite hard to find him guilty if it wasn’t picked up by any mics. Whilst his interview looks bad, it’ll hardly be enough
If it was some sort of criminal case, without audio or other credible witnesses, you couldn't find him guilty.

But it's hard for him to face the judiciary now and claim he never said anything, after what he said post match ("just bantz bro").

i think he'll be (deservedly) punished.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it was some sort of criminal case, without audio or other credible witnesses, you couldn't find him guilty.

But it's hard for him to face the judiciary now and claim he never said anything, after what he said post match ("just bantz bro").

i think he'll be (deservedly) punished.
Im not too sure how true it was, but I read somewhere that when it originally blew up on the field, he denied it. So it would give him plausible deniability. But I guess it is too big of a case now to not give him a few weeks on the sidelines and a fine.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure where you draw the line on racism though. The experience of a Samoan and TSi is similar in terms of prejudice. This is like saying a greek cant call an italian a wog
Unfortunately any “offensive” words to an indigenous person will always be under the microscope especially in sports. To top it off in the USA, he was doomed as soon as he said it..

& it is Leniu who has a half a brain to begin with. Hope he enjoys the sideline (and ofcourse misses the game against the Dogs)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even if Spencer didn't mean it in that way he could've easily have just apologised at the time or after the game instead of just continuing to dig a deeper hole. A quick "oh fuck bro, I didn't mean it like that, sorry" and the whole thing probably blows over.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might be a watershed moment.
Where does it stop. Will it be considered racist for the next player who says unluggy uce or comments on the physical appearance of a player?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately any “offensive” words to an indigenous person will always be under the microscope especially in sports. To top it off in the USA, he was doomed as soon as he said it..

& it is Leniu who has a half a brain to begin with. Hope he enjoys the sideline (and ofcourse misses the game against the Dogs)
Yeah Leniu is not the sharpest tool in the shed but i dont think that there was a racist intent behind the comment at all. I still dont think it is racist. Will there be a panel of white people deciding whether a Samoan racially vilified a TSI? Fkn lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where does it stop. Will it be considered racist for the next player who says unluggy uce or comments on the physical appearance of a player?
It’s been tracking this way for years. Yes verbal abuse about someone’s appearance is also not accepted in today’s society. Better off being a mute

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leniu is really cooked here.

The best course of action for him is to do the following.

Call a press conference and state the following:

- he is deeply sorry for his comments and all those who have been effected.
- heat of the moment but he shouldn’t have said it and he has faced racism himself his whole life but doesn’t excuse what he has said.
- he is undertaken counselling, community work and all that other fake ass bullshit.
- made a donation to organisations battling racism.

If he does this he will be clean and this incident will blow over in a day or two.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leniu is really cooked here.

The best course of action for him is to do the following.

Call a press conference and state the following:

- he is deeply sorry for his comments and all those who have been effected.
- heat of the moment but he shouldn’t have said it and he has faced racism himself his whole life but doesn’t excuse what he has said.
- he is undertaken counselling, community work and all that other fake ass bullshit.
- made a donation to organisations battling racism.

If he does this he will be clean and this incident will blow over in a day or two.
PR at its finest. I feel sorry for the bloke now already