Opinion 2024 NSW Origin Coach

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll have to be a channel 9 employee so they can do awkward mid game interviews
The fact bthat Fox dosen't televise SOO tells me that the old ARL Super Lwague war is still alive, at least with some of the ARL diehard,.hence Ch9 favours its favourites.
I know that some might disagree, but the fact (I CALL IT TRUTH), is that hate lives a lot longer in peoples mind than love.
Also the agenda against our club is as a result of our clubs involvement in the SL war. What annoys me is that many seem to blame our club for the SL war, which is not true.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I’d give Bellamy a go if he leaves the Storm.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bellyache would be the strategic man for the job but I still feel we need Ennis Fitzy and Bedsy in that group. Sticky would also bring a passion back to the playing group. No more excuses or justifications to why they wear the sky blue should be heard. You either come ready to play and die for the state and its long suffering fans. The players need to never forget the pain of observing QUEENSLAND in their dominant force for the previous years accordingly.. Images of the miracle wins, taunts, smiles and chants need to be taught to our children once they can understand the history and importance of why NSW have been mocked and laughed at for generations by our Northern state. We will never be on the same level. If this doesn't happen SOO will always remain an annual QUEENSLAND event! This is coming from a man who's whole family is from Rocky but I was born and bred in Sydney raised in NZ and still never will I wear a maroon coloured shirt or jersey. Always a Blue...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After years of poor selections and Coahing. Who do we look to finally bring the game back into balance??
My personal opinion would be to have a brains trust of Craig Fitzgibbon Head Coach - Danny Buderus, Mick Ennis and Gallen with perhaps Craig Brllamy as the new head of Selectors...

Thoughts ??
Well it won't be Fitzgibbon
Possibly Buderus, Ennis
Not keen on Gal.
Won't be Bellamy

How about Des?
The bloke can coach
Just can't manage a salary cap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NSW need their own recently retired, respected ex legend with a similar equivalent brains trust to Qld.

The selection process is the most flawed aspect of NSW teams. They either stick with favs, or pick latest flavour of the month or totally unsuitable SOO type softies....Brett Hodgson anyone etc etc etc.

You need a specific hard nose no nonsense type player to start the foundations again for a tough team and start the platform from that.

Qld have done the groundwork so can introduce flair and take a chance on a new chum bc they grow an extra leg for the coach, team mates and state.

Any coach that has had a chequered career or failures like Des or Madge wont gain the respect of these current players. Fittler has none now.

Not sure who NSW could come up with but Gallen, Ennis, Fitzgerald may be a start.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Looks like it won't be Desmond now lol

And I don't think they'd go with Bellamy again unless he retires from club footy.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brett Kimmorley I think isn't ready to go NRL let alone SOO. Great bloke but too early. For passion and hard nosed will to win I am now also thinking how would JMOZ go in being part of the leadership group for building the want and will to win against all odds.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Brett Kimmorley I think isn't ready to go NRL let alone SOO. Great bloke but too early. For passion and hard nosed will to win I am now also thinking how would JMOZ go in being part of the leadership group for building the want and will to win against all odds.
Good suggestion BW. BMoz as coach? He has coaching aspirations.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Matty Johns is now pushing either Sticky or Bellamy for NSW job.. unless Freddy's blues can put a score on QLD last game to keep his job

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has to be a coach who isn't influenced by John's and other NSW old boys.

NSW has always played favorites due to the influence of Johns and others. I can't think of many in form QLDers who didn't play origin. Only one that comes to mind is Barba but that was his own fault. If Campbell Graham was picked NSW wouldn't be in this position.

How many Knights or ex Knights did we see get picked over the years despite there being more deserving players or players who were knocking on the origin door for years. If you're a Knight, you only need to hit a bit of form and Joey will get you into the side.

Here are some examples.

Jamie Ainscough - Never really understood how he got picked ahead of Nathan Blacklock who was Dally M winger 3 years in a row and pretty much lit up the NRL scoring freakish trys. Ainscough gets picked despite playing center at dragqueens.

Mark Hughes. Picked from center to play fb despite Brett Hodson, Preston Campbell and Patten being in great form.

Kurt Gidley - No explanation

Jarrod Mullen - Rookie, picked after 30 odd games and Knights finished 2nd last. Matt Orford was the form halfback from NSW.

Kade Snowden - No idea how he played Origin.

James McManus - No idea how he got picked

Jacob Saifiti - Not even a starter for the Knights when he got picked at starting prop to replace his bro.

TPJ - Newcastle boy-

Tyson Frizell- His Origin career would be over if he wasn't playing for Knights.

Akuila Uate- Andrew John's loved him

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would go with Toovey.

I reckon jughead John’s will get it though.

thank god that is the end of that moron Fittler.
He just helped usher in the next Qld dynasty the clown.
As if johns will do it , big critic but never puts his money where his mouth is. Qld always to strong , even the years they lose they make it hard for nsw.