Opinion 2024 Captain/leaders

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone on the market who Is experienced and will come in cheap that could be a decent buy?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd make Kikau (c) & Mahoney (vc). I think the captaincy could lift Kikau to play his best.
Don’t think Kikau needs a lift or that his overall form is at question. Played the first 3, manly game was poor, big effort down at Melbourne and scored at belmore. His injury cut out any relavent part of the season came back into a side glued to 15th. He’s a real asset to have for next season.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go and find a veteran no nonsense hard head with 200 plus games from anywhere. Make them captain

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given our current predicament, who we make Captain and who provides leadership for our younger players next year will be pivotal.

It appears RFM was a mistake, and Burton hasn’t really shown much either.

Do we stick with two Captains?

Sio Siua Taukeiaho I believe has Captained Tonga and could provide some good leadership qualities we so desperately need.
I'd be happy with Mahoney

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The club will know what they are looking for in the leaders space. Sexton will be asked to take a bigger role as halfback controlling the forwards, while Reed should still be part of this as well. Burton needs to find his voice and between those 3 it should all be covered. You really want most of the guys talking to each other on the field, that's what it means to be a team.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no leadership in our team, therefore we have no leaders

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Possible. Another option, what about Tariq Sims?
Yeah thought of him as well.

Before all the usuals go off. We "normally" wouldn't be entertaining signings like this but things aren't what they used to be and neither is the club. Desperation stakes for experience (McLean) and no frills tough case hombres (Sims).