2024 Bulldogs AGM

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Uncouth bogans these days.
I'd dare suggest the only saving grace is your return to The Premier State and support of our Club.

40 paces with rubber bands it be?
The other option is a tickle competition utilising Sacred/Australian White Ibis feathers.
Your choice of the two, naturally.
I champion a true legend of street alley scuffles @Tassie Devil to represent me :grinning:
All I read was naked mud wrestling.

I'm in!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey TK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.
Good 1st post Dogman !
A great man once said "A club isn't the walls that is built from it's the people who are between the walls "
Once again I thank and applaud John Khoury and the board for bringing in Warburton, Gould and Driussi into our fold, these people could only help us climb back to summit.

Reactions: ATT

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good 1st post Dogman !
A great man once said "A club isn't the walls that is built from it's the people who are between the walls "
Once again I thank and applaud John Khoury and the board for bringing in Warburton, Gould and Driussi into our fold, these people could only help us climb back to summit.
Did you see Buzz’s column. Very Sad if true

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They said at the AGM they were going to announce the top30 tonight at the season launch, maybe no Topine?? The NRL requires a min 28 players signed to top30 contracts by March. Dogs currently have 29 listed on NRL.com including Topine.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They said at the AGM they were going to announce the top30 tonight at the season launch, maybe no Topine?? The NRL requires a min 28 players signed to top30 contracts by March. Dogs currently have 29 listed on NRL.com including Topine.
We are currently negotiating with the NRL to have Topine's contract suspended while he is on indefinite medical leave. Not holding my breath though.

Always a Bulldog

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly I don't read the Drunk's trash, nothing but poison comes out of his mouth,
I advice you to find and read John Khoury's brother's message , that is the truth !
I will take that under advis(c)ement - lol.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'd have to say that the club is going as well as it has been since the Hassler clown show . We are gaining momentum and it's about to start showing . We will start seeing the fruits of Gussy's labour in about 12 months . . . Onys Gus !! . . . . Onwards and upwards !!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'd have to say that the club is going as well as it has been since the Hassler clown show . We are gaining momentum and it's about to start showing . We will start seeing the fruits of Gussy's labour in about 12 months . . . Onys Gus !! . . . . Onwards and upwards !!
We must change from DOUBTERS to BELIEVERS !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need to see some aggression and skill from all our forwards (as a typical Bulldogs pack) before we start to become believers again :grinning:

This year!

Reactions: ATT