2024 Bulldogs AGM

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. The corporate side is looking strong.

Im really interested to see the special edition 2004 jersey this season.

I still think our home jerseys don’t have enough blue in them…
Agree about the jersey ..... we need those famous blue shoulder saddles back.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parts of Liverpool are shit. We had a flat in speed street we lived in for a few years when I was 11-13ish. Regularly found used needles in the courtyards between the flats. I once found a cigarette pack with about 30 little bags of some type of powder in plastic bags inside water balloons once too. NFI what it was. Probably would have been worth a few bucks. I suspect my stepdad sold it.

About 5 years after we sold up and moved out to a small country town, we saw in the news that some moron playing with fire poured some type of accelerant in a trail up the stairs and burned themself and if memory serves correctly three other people in that block to death.

Edit- Turns out my memory is shit. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.up...e-die-in-Sydney-apartment-fire/9787790059600/
We lived on the second floor.

On the flip side my sister was renting a place about a km away that was in a nice little area. With another sister also in a nice area of Liverpool. I'd certainly not want to live in flats near the station. But there are probably still nice parts.
I was there in 89/90 and the walk home from training in the dark, pretty daunting for a kid from FNQ :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Buzz hitting back at Gus for saying his paper is a f------ rag.
Buzz: Wrestle-Gate creates cap drama for Dogs
The Bulldogs have a salary cap problem with a player who walked out on the club last year no longer being paid despite the NRL listing him in the top 30.
Player walked out on club. That text written by drunkfield would imply breach of contract in its simplest of forms.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sport is my hobby, it's the only thing left in my life that gives me any sort of enjoyment. Mind your own business.
Hope your doing alright. Can agree with you there, sport mainly rugby league is my drug / safe space that lets me escape reality... Even if it makes us angry or depressed for last 7 years lol.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just remember Critta taffe played in the grand final after Latrell was suspended. Speaks volumes of how souths viewed him. He will have a great first season finally. I think we will all be surprised. Dont forget we had Critta out and fox and Kiraz. So expect those boys to have a golden touch of how we played those sweep plays.
Yea exactly . If taffe has impressed cc and coaching staff to be our first choice fullback , then I am all for backing him as our fullback.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not a Taafe fan YET, but he has very good passing skills and with 2 strike centres on either side he could be lethal there.
As i said earlier, if Critter plays right centre instead of Clarke i reckon Critter scores 3 or 4 tries due to his size and speed.
I like Tracey and rate him massively but due to injury he is on the backfoot unfortunately.
One thing our fullbacks haven’t done in years is support play. If taffe has that in his arsenal and demands the ball (including inside balls, feeding off offloads) then he will go alright .

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did they talk about how we are short a good prop or two? We’ve had plenty of opportunities to buy one

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope your doing alright. Can agree with you there, sport mainly rugby league is my drug / safe space that lets me escape reality... Even if it makes us angry or depressed for last 7 years lol.
Rule changes have largely made this a different game to the one I grew up watching. And I make no secret of the fact that I think referees manipulate the results. So due to not being able to give up on the club, it's the only reason I still follow the game at all.

There's still no feeling that replicates seeing a great win for me.

Dogman88

New Pup
Reaction score
Hey TK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The recently banned forum members who didn't identify themselves(how interesting they didn't specify this important detail lol)were highly likely to have been subjected to just/appropriate corrective actions undertaken by the mod(s)concerned.

Never heard Gus referred to as Ronny myself.

Anyhow welcome aboard mate.

I reckon Gus and our new chairman may have a shared interest/ownership in some neddies, though I'm not really sure what ones Gus has a piece of atm.