CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This proves nothing …

Have you ever had an injury or even just an illness and been told by a Dr or medical it should be right by a certain time …. only to find it took twice as long as that ..

Please go see my previous reasons on what might have changed since those early comments, Tracey probably hadn’t even arrived at our club by then, or our own medical team may have diagnosed differently by the time he actually got here and called BS on those early claims for all you know ..

Why don’t you go back to Gould and ask what changed from his early reply’s to you ..
Lmao

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To everyone against Taaffe being fullback suck a fat one he is an out and out first grader and the best option for us at fullback then anyone we have get behind our coach’s decision and shut the fuck up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To everyone against Taaffe being fullback suck a fat one he is an out and out first grader and the best option for us at fullback then anyone we have get behind our coach’s decision and shut the fuck up
No I don't want to suck a fat one, I suffer from lock jaw

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don't think Burton is a 6 tho? You should get behind the coach's decision to play him at 6.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kid is a star... can play 5/8 or FB. He is a FB. Probably our next premiership winning one too.
I'm going purely off what I heard, not my opinion on him.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, Taaffe is the new Perham. Why can't we have nice things?
Taaffe showed in half a trial game more than Perham showed in the entire season last year. Have no concerns.

There were 2 players in spine positions (3 if you count Flanno) that hamstrung the team last year.

Perham and Burton.

Perham must never see first grade here again (certainly not in the spine) and Burton better make way for Hutch, if we are to move forward.

I think we will be well served with Taaffe or Tracey at FB. But Taaffe is my pick.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe would still be hungry from the reserves.

Perham "earned" fullback last season.

I think playing centre for the best team in the competition and playing centre for a bottom 4 team isn't comparable. I don't think he's going to get the same amount of opportunities or good ball. If this is the case then value in the salary cap/Critta's impact will come under question. I would also rather a quality+ fullback over an elite centre (especially when Taaffe isn't that great at fullback and someone like Xerri or Tracey can at worst do a job at centre).

You're the one that spends 8 hours on here commenting your opinions. I've barely posted the last couple of months (at least in comparison to yourself). You're just throwing out blanket statements.

You don't need to be an expert to have an opinion, e.g. you literally just made a thread saying we should sign Willison, and you're far from being an expert yourself. You should leave recruitment up to the experts. The experts also went with Perham at fullback last season.
Well said with that last line.
The experts aren't always right and they were damn wrong about that one.

Most worrying is they were too egotistical to admit the error which dug them a deeper hole. I value my opinions more than the experts and sites like this allow me to express these opinions and I have been vindicated many times over the last few years while the "experts" get the $$$

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im just gonna ignore this convo... probably best delete your shit before someone sees it.
Why? I'm just passing on what I've heard and like I said has also been posted on here. No need to be so dramatic.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like Taafe. He may end up performing very well at FB. Give him a chance, especially time to work with his combinations. We have Tracey who challenges him for his spot too.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there more to the Josh Jackson retirement story? Grub seems to get so much more love from the club than ol’ Jacko

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
With 14% Queenslanders, a home game in regional qld rugby league heartland per year seems about right. Mackay a few years back and now Bundy. Great work from the Dogs hierarchy and a big ‘thank you’ from one of the 14%!
Double bonus, club has negotiated that Magic Round isn’t a home game nor is Bundy, so win/win: canetoads can see the Dogs in action and season ticket holders don’t get dudded by games played out of Sydney.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big turnout. As Gus said ‘I’ve been to footy club AGM’s where we had to grab people from the bar to pass a motion - yet you Bulldogs keep turning up in bigger numbers every year’.

Pretty clear now that the transition in Chairmanship was planned. To quote Gus from this morning: ‘You won’t learn anything reading the Daily Astonisher, it’s just a fuckin’ rag’ :-).

Wharby spoke of significantly increased revenue of the jersey sponsorship and overall, along with significant increases in digital engagement all of which are attractive to corporate partners and sponsors going forward. The business is in a good place.

Watch out for a 20 year 2004 commemorative title jersey this year along with another charity based one and likely a 90th anniversary jersey for 2025.

Cement and Grub were made life members.
Thanks for the report. All signs point to smooth sailing right now. The Druissi appointment worried me a bit. Hopefully it's a mutual decision rather than Khoury being pushed. Either way I hope it doesn't change the direction we've been moving in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is there more to the Josh Jackson retirement story? Grub seems to get so much more love from the club than ol’ Jacko
Don’t think so - Jacko got high praise from Gus this morning as the new coach of the Jersey Flegg team: ‘He will identify real Bulldogs and ensure they come into the NRL system for Ciro to eventually take on’.