2024 Bulldogs AGM

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some notes from todays meeting -

Coaches address:
- CC wasn’t there in person but recorded a video. Was the usual fluff about a tough year last year but he did single out Taffee to have a breakout year this year

CEO Warburton address:
- Membership has gone from 16k 2021 > 22k 2024
- Retail/merch sales up 153%
- Targeting 30k members by ‘25
- QLD makes up 14% of the membership base
- Last year playing in Bundaberg as a home team
- 2 special jerseys this year planned (04 team commemoration and charity connection) TBC very soon

Gus
- 7mil in cap for 2026
- 1-2 year deals to take us there to bring through these Flegg guys
- Top 30 to be released 26/2
- Called DT “a fucken rag”

Chairman:
- John Khoury handed over to Druissi as expected in a speech that went for about an hour. Reaffirmed that the board is extremely stable and committed to the long term plan

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Big turnout. As Gus said ‘I’ve been to footy club AGM’s where we had to grab people from the bar to pass a motion - yet you Bulldogs keep turning up in bigger numbers every year’.

Pretty clear now that the transition in Chairmanship was planned. To quote Gus from this morning: ‘You won’t learn anything reading the Daily Astonisher, it’s just a fuckin’ rag’ :-).

Wharby spoke of significantly increased revenue of the jersey sponsorship and overall, along with significant increases in digital engagement all of which are attractive to corporate partners and sponsors going forward. The business is in a good place.

Watch out for a 20 year 2004 commemorative title jersey this year along with another charity based one and likely a 90th anniversary jersey for 2025.

Cement and Grub were made life members.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a Perham 2.0 situation because I think both Critta and Tracey are better options than Taaffe. Also the only way to fit both Xerri and Tracey in the team is to not have Taaffe at fullback too so I don't like it for long term reasons either.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a bloodbath as reported in the media?

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taaffe is dead average LOL

We have nothing to lose giving Critta a crack at fullback. He's a world class footballer and worst case we have an elite centre.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some notes from todays meeting -

Coaches address:
- CC wasn’t there in person but recorded a video. Was the usual fluff about a tough year last year but he did single out Taffee to have a breakout year this year

CEO Warburton address:
- Membership has gone from 16k 2021 > 22k 2024
- Retail/merch sales up 153%
- Targeting 30k members by ‘25
- QLD makes up 14% of the membership base
- Last year playing in Bundaberg as a home team
- 2 special jerseys this year planned (04 team commemoration and charity connection) TBC very soon

Gus
- 7mil in cap for 2026
- 1-2 year deals to take us there to bring through these Flegg guys
- Top 30 to be released 26/2
- Called DT “a fucken rag”

Chairman:
- John Khoury handed over to Druissi as expected in a speech that went for about an hour. Reaffirmed that the board is extremely stable and committed to the long term plan
Thanks for the update bro.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a Perham 2.0 situation because I think both Critta and Tracey are better options than Taaffe. Also the only way to fit both Xerri and Tracey in the team is to not have Taaffe at fullback too so I don't like it for long term reasons either.
just remember Critta taffe played in the grand final after Latrell was suspended. Speaks volumes of how souths viewed him. He will have a great first season finally. I think we will all be surprised. Dont forget we had Critta out and fox and Kiraz. So expect those boys to have a golden touch of how we played those sweep plays.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider injuries mate it’s a long season/marathon .. if they occur do we want hungry players that can step in, or just fall in a hole like last year ?..

Also the coach put every player on notice, if they wanted it they had to earn it, whoever gets picked, the coach believes they worked the hardest for it and deserve to be there ..

Critta is arguably the best centre in the game right now, for defensive reasons it probably makes sense to have him play there, Tracey has been injured and probably a bit behind gelling with the team & fitness wise.

Any talk of coaches picking favourites is BS, it’s just an excuse to say he doesn’t see it the way the person saying it does .. Perham was consistently picked last year because we didn’t really have a lot of options, this year we do ..

While some spend 8 plus hours here doing nothing but commenting their opinions on a forum .. the coaches are actually spending that 8 working with these players everyday, so who would know best ? .. think about that.

Appreciate varying opinions but the experts do know what they’re doing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
just remember Critta taffe played in the grand final after Latrell was suspended. Speaks volumes of how souths viewed him. He will have a great first season finally. I think we will all be surprised. Dont forget we had Critta out and fox and Kiraz. So expect those boys to have a golden touch of how we played those sweep plays.
After watching us play the other night would really like to see critta stay in the centres I think he and Xerri will make our edges lethal both sides of the ruck having said that if taffe shits the bed at FB CC needs to react quicker than he did with Perham.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Consider injuries mate it’s a long season/marathon .. if they occur do we want hungry players that can step in, or just fall in a hole like last year ?..

Also the coach put every player on notice, if they wanted it they had to earn it, whoever gets picked, the coach believes they worked the hardest for it and deserve to be there ..

Critta is arguably the best centre in the game right now, for defensive reasons it probably makes sense to have him play there, Tracey has been injured and probably a bit behind gelling with the team & fitness wise.

Any talk of coaches picking favourites is BS, it’s just an excuse to say he doesn’t see it the way the person saying it does .. Perham was consistently picked last year because we didn’t really have a lot of options, this year we do ..

While some spend 8 plus hours here doing nothing but commenting their opinions on a forum .. the coaches are actually spending that 8 working with these players everyday, so who would know best ? .. think about that.

Appreciate varying opinions but the experts do know what they’re doing.
Well said - re Perham in the few sessions iv seen he has trained on the wing in fg n centre in reggies. Joash P has been reggies fb with Rajab only occasionally running there - Rajab, in the few sessions iv seen has a had very little time.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big turnout. As Gus said ‘I’ve been to footy club AGM’s where we had to grab people from the bar to pass a motion - yet you Bulldogs keep turning up in bigger numbers every year’.

Pretty clear now that the transition in Chairmanship was planned. To quote Gus from this morning: ‘You won’t learn anything reading the Daily Astonisher, it’s just a fuckin’ rag’ :-).

Wharby spoke of significantly increased revenue of the jersey sponsorship and overall, along with significant increases in digital engagement all of which are attractive to corporate partners and sponsors going forward. The business is in a good place.

Watch out for a 20 year 2004 commemorative title jersey this year along with another charity based one and likely a 90th anniversary jersey for 2025.

Cement and Grub were made life members.
Did you see Polly at the AGM?