2022 State of Origin Game 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He defs should of went right with 2 unmarked players (I think that's the one you're talking about) but at least he gets in those situations. We missed JAC's pace and x-factor massively in game 1 imo. Staggs created a couple half chances and Tupou nowhere to be seen. Tbh besides try scoring tally, which is still high, especially for a team that was sitting 16th most of the year until a couple of weeks ago, JAC's base game has improved massively this year. I actually think it's retarded JAC's not starting over Tupou (who isn't a bad player, just he isn't the Fox).

*I think you're talking about Nofa's try, defs should of done better there, he lost where the ball was, the cover defence should of been better too, Nofa should of been over the side line.
Nofa try yes, that was shocking defence. I was there at the ground, dont know what the fuck he was doing

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler is nothing without Latrell and Turbo. Go watch last years series. And now he’s lost his 3rd weapon in Wighton.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox first try miss was embarrassing tbh
Cant do that on origin
Unfortunately yes..if he stopped that..or did better..than there would be no excuse for him not to be picked for Origin..but this stuck out like a sore thumb and can be used against him.. Like you say can’t do that in Origin..
Don’t get me wrong..I’d pick him because he is such an attacking weapon but detractors can use defensive issue like this to justify his exclusion..he has to make them have no excuses..

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pissed about Addo Carr good on burto deserves it to think the powers are considering Fittler to coach us na no way don’t want him anywhere near us Addo Carr can win a game on his own qld 3-0

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the teams will line up like this:

New South Wales

01. James Tedesco (c)
02. Brian To'o
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Matt Burton
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Jarome Luai
07. Nathan Cleary
08. Payne Haas
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Cameron Murray
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Damien Cook
15. Siosifa Talakai
16. Angus Crichton
17. Junior Paulo

Queensland

01. Kalyn Ponga
02. Selwyn Cobbo
03. Valentine Holmes
04. Dane Gagai
05. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
06. Cameron Munster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
08. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
09. Ben Hunt
10. Josh Papalii
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Harry Grant
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Jai Arrow
17. Jeremiah Nanai
I hope the selectors are brave enough to start Api, not super confident though

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the panic mass changes you would think NSW lost by 50.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Not arguing with you on the first three, but in fairness Tupou had a very strong game in Origin 1. He is probably better in the air than JAC and certainly makes ground with his kick returns. Jac sometimes gets "bossed" around a little, but there is no one better than him if put into space. He certainly has the passion needed. Personally, I think that he is putting more pressure on T'oo than Tupou AT THE MOMENT. Deserves consideration, but it is difficult to take 3 wingers into the squad.....as much as I don't like the kid, Suaalii can play wing, centre and probably FB so that selection has a bit more merit than carrying a third winger only
Tupou was strong in game one and hasn't done anything wrong...but he brings no x factor and doesn't look like scoring tries in the sky blue. I'm just saying the Fox is a proven NSW tryscorer and has a combination with Burton, I would have thought that would get him a run.

To'o was great last year, but has really hasn't done much this year being out injured and not seeing the ball as much with the rise of Taylan May.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope the selectors are brave enough to start Api, not super confident though
Api is starting!

I updated the lineups on the original post.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tupou not doing anything wrong in Game 1 is irrelevant, it is what he didn't do, or rather can't do, that is the problem. He simply does not put the defence in doubt at to whether the NSW halves are going to kick in behind the line. JAC has the speed (as any Bulldog's supporter will tell you) to force his opposition winger to defend back from the line, Tupou does not have that. As a result the rushing straight line defence that Qld employed is less effective if JAC plays. In Game 1 the Qld wingers were both big bodies which means slower to turn and chase, prime candidates.

If you want a good example of the "JAC effect" look at the Tigers yesterday, the fullback's defence was biased to JAC's side of the field and their RHS winger also often hung back. Plus the inside defence has to slide to that side to cover the winger defending back. Creating opportunities on our RHS, up the middle as well as on the short LHS with the winger back out of the line. How many of us were waiting for that play, but Burton didn't kick in behind the line for JAC to chase once yesterday, simply because the threat of us doing it created other opportunities which we exploited.

Noddy did his homework, he knew what a threat Burton kicking to JAC was from watching the video. So he modified their defence to nullify it, but Potter was one step ahead, planned on that and used it to our advantage.

Always a Bulldog

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin stating okay who has he got photos of?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great move imo, would love to see Cook come on and play as a loose forward at times.
I want Cook running from dummy half at the end of the game against a tired QLD defense.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want Cook running from dummy half at the end of the game against a tired QLD defense.
could be what he needs because he’s been rubbish all year in a side that has been terrible to be fair.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great move imo, would love to see Cook come on and play as a loose forward at times.
Mmm I don’t know about that..but I will stand corrected if it’s a success.. Which I’m secretly hoping it’s not.. :grimacing:

Hang on did I just say that out loud? Ahh well I guess it’s not a secret anymore.. :fearscream:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tupou not doing anything wrong in Game 1 is irrelevant, it is what he didn't do, or rather can't do, that is the problem. He simply does not put the defence in doubt at to whether the NSW halves are going to kick in behind the line. JAC has the speed (as any Bulldog's supporter will tell you) to force his opposition winger to defend back from the line, Tupou does not have that. As a result the rushing straight line defence that Qld employed is less effective if JAC plays. In Game 1 the Qld wingers were both big bodies which means slower to turn and chase, prime candidates.

If you want a good example of the "JAC effect" look at the Tigers yesterday, the fullback's defence was biased to JAC's side of the field and their RHS winger also often hung back. Plus the inside defence has to slide to that side to cover the winger defending back. Creating opportunities on our RHS, up the middle as well as on the short LHS with the winger back out of the line. How many of us were waiting for that play, but Burton didn't kick in behind the line for JAC to chase once yesterday, simply because the threat of us doing it created other opportunities which we exploited.

Noddy did his homework, he knew what a threat Burton kicking to JAC was from watching the video. So he modified their defence to nullify it, but Potter was one step ahead, planned on that and used it to our advantage.

Always a Bulldog
Fox's jinking around the defenders and them worried and holding off him was Munster like for Morrin's try.

Tupou couldn't do those kinds of moves or have the opposition in 2 minds like Fox.

Freddie is a fool.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC been on fire for us I don’t get his omission he’s never let the blues down

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Freddy the fraud is too proud to call him up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did you guys see what Brandy said when asked about Fox? **** knows it's the wrong decision lololol