2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I always had Mahoney penciled in as captain long-term but I'm not really sure how I feel about him walking into the role day one. Not really a fan of Burton getting it either, would much rather King or JAC because of their standing within the group and the fact that they could both talk the ref to death lol. May...fuck no, huge mistake by Gus.
I had the same thought re Mahoney walking into the role day 1. But i guess everyone is really starting from a clean slate.

No news on Moses?
Nothing on Moses, i asked what the story is with HB. They only said Flanno isn't very liked, apparently he walks around acting like an arrogant prick lol

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had the same thought re Mahoney walking into the role day 1. But i guess everyone is really starting from a clean slate.

Nothing on Moses, i asked what the story is with HB. They only said Flanno isn't very liked, apparently he walks around acting like an arrogant prick lol
Good to hear about Flanagan he's days are numbered then.
Not sure how to feel about Mahoney captain he would be good but very green to the club as said.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My theory is Kiwi might have heard an offer with potentially those guys as part of the offer. As we all know, we will probably politely decline
The deal is done with crighton and there was never ever a trade swap

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The deal is done with crighton and there was never ever a trade swap
I meant for Moses or did I read it wrong? Anyways just because someone offers to take Alamoti or Kiraz doesn’t mean we’re gonna take it. All good Steve I know you’re in the know

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I meant for Moses or did I read it wrong? Anyways just because someone offers to take Alamoti or Kiraz doesn’t mean we’re gonna take it. All good Steve I know you’re in the know
Yeh not sure mate maybe i got that wrong.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always had Mahoney penciled in as captain long-term but I'm not really sure how I feel about him walking into the role day one. Not really a fan of Burton getting it either, would much rather King or JAC because of their standing within the group and the fact that they could both talk the ref to death lol. May...fuck no, huge mistake by Gus.
I’d say ciraldo rates may if true

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
May is a gun. Premiership winning half. Mistakes were made by the young fella.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there is truth in the May rumour CC will be right in the middle of this conversation too as he coached him..they obviously have no faith in any potential back ups.(not that the main guy is any fkn good either lol)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree. If Mahoney is to be captain, makes much more sense to have King as VC and have 2 of the starting middles next to each other talking and leading the line speed. Burton just doesn't need the extra responsibility.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing Tyrone May would give opposition fans so much ammunition to lay crap on dogs fans.

stormboy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Got the following info passed on to me today from a reliable source..

- Kikau was offered captaincy but declined, it will now be given to Reed Mahoney and Burton will be VC.
- We are signing Spencer
- Tyrone May IS a thing, he was at dogs training earlier in the week and is viewed to have high utility value.
- Hayze is a shoe-in for starting FB, with Alamoti and Averillo starting centers.

Make of it what you will.
Considering he was in Catalans training pics in France a few days back I don’t think he was at Dogs training bud

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember that Steve James guy? They uploaded a video throwing tennis balls. That was pretty embarrassing
To be fair we never got the spoon with those skills. Tballz up got us over the line with his overload of detail.