Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Casey had the worst debut on the wing in all my time watching footy [emoji23]

He’s a good back up Centre…

Perham will lock one wing and Fox obviously the other…but if injury hit we are skinny there
I called Casey's debut before it happened, bloke has always been either rocks or diamonds. He literally lost a game in reserves alone last year, multiple handling errors, multiple penalties and then got himself sin binned towards the end of the match and the opposition ran in multiple tries lol.

I do actually feel Casey will start at centre this season, bloke is cut from the same cloth as Schoupp in terms of temperament but is blessed with more pace, footwork and a little more football IQ....he just has his moments like we mentioned and it is hard to trust him back on the wing just because of that.

I'm not sure about Perham on the wing but if you're saying he's playing the wing then he's playing on the wing ;)

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called Casey's debut before it happened, bloke has always been either rocks or diamonds. He literally lost a game in reserves alone last year, multiple handling errors, multiple penalties and then got himself sin binned towards the end of the match and the opposition ran in multiple tries lol.

I do actually feel Casey will start at centre this season, bloke is cut from the same cloth as Schoupp in terms of temperament but is blessed with more pace, footwork and a little more football IQ....he just has his moments like we mentioned and it is hard to trust him back on the wing just because of that.

I'm not sure about Perham on the wing but if you're saying he's playing the wing then he's playing on the wing ;)
Well described. Hopefully he along with many others who have only experienced coaching at the dogs the last 5 years will improve significantly under a new regime of coaching and conditioning.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well described. Hopefully he along with many others who have only experienced coaching at the dogs the last 5 years will improve significantly under a new regime of coaching and conditioning.
We've been saying this everytime a new coach comes in but the focus has to be on the basics. Get the boys fit, focus on defence and effort areas and set standards within the squad and let the boys know that if you aren't reaching these standards then you aren't playing.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've been saying this everytime a new coach comes in but the focus has to be on the basics. Get the boys fit, focus on defence and effort areas and set standards within the squad and let the boys know that if you aren't reaching these standards then you aren't playing.
Yep, third time lucky! Even just to have the middle not be dominated game after game would be an improvement.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Idk about Perham either but Allan is alright there, not quick obviously.Casey may be hit and miss but he bounced back well from the debut shocker(I remember some of the vile comments on here that day, fuknputrid lol)so he would be in the mix for a FG spot..slim pickings indeed I've said the same for a while too, even before Schoupp got shopped.
Also unsure where Helter or Alamoti sit re a debut not all that close but wtf knows....
Kiraz gets one centre spot for my money too..inside JAC on the left?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No we need to play out best players in their best positions. Kiraz is an out and out centre and is a potential match winner for us. He's a bog average winger anyway, slow and way too untidy down a tight touchline.
Kiraz is not slow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep, third time lucky! Even just to have the middle not be dominated game after game would be an improvement.
Yes I'm worried about our middles, just going off last year King is pretty much the only middle I have any real confidence in. Thompson and TPJ have issues in defence and can be straight up liabilities at times while most other options are simply untested at this stage. Sutton is probably the next most reliable after King.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously a lot will depend on what happens over the pre season but the best time to debut a player is when the team is at its strongest which barring injury/ suspension, will be round one. Can't see a forward debuting early but, despite the opinions of many others, I think Alamoti will debut round one.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s good enough to play first grade
he couldnt make the parra side, he is only bought for back up, he was released from parra thats how good he was going.
look i hope he works out, we need him too, but if he is 2nd choice pick then we are in serious trouble

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kiraz is not slow.
He's not slow? Lol bro...Kiraz is slow. He isn't that agile for a back while his acceleration and top speed are well below average. That's slow. His strength is his unorthodox running style, legs, arms, elbows are all over the place and it's hard to get a handle on him when he attacks the line with momentum.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's not slow? Lol bro...Kiraz is slow. He isn't that agile for a back while his acceleration and top speed are well below average. That's slow. His strength is his unorthodox running style, legs, arms, elbows are all over the place and it's hard to get a handle on him when he attacks the line with momentum.
he ain’t the fox but he ain’t slow buddy.
he would be faster then
Allen
Alomati
Burns
Okonbor
Maybe even Averelo over 100m

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Idk about Perham either but Allan is alright there, not quick obviously.Casey may be hit and miss but he bounced back well from the debut shocker(I remember some of the vile comments on here that day, fuknputrid lol)so he would be in the mix for a FG spot..slim pickings indeed I've said the same for a while too, even before Schoupp got shopped.
Also unsure where Helter or Alamoti sit re a debut not all that close but wtf knows....
Kiraz gets one centre spot for my money too..inside JAC on the left?
Allan is the safe option but obviously won't offer anything more than that but that might be good enough to start the year for us. I'm not sure if Kiraz can even play on the left as well as he can on the right but I think I'd probably keep him on the right. With Burton, Kikau and JAC already on the left you probably just need a centre than can do his job while if you play Kiraz on the right he can be the main strike weapon out there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he ain’t the fox but he ain’t slow buddy.
he would be faster then
Allen
Alomati
Burns
Okonbor
Maybe even Averelo over 100m
You just named 4 of the slowest backs in the league and then claimed he might be faster than Averillo LOL. Kiraz is slow and there's nothing wrong with that, he's still very good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously a lot will depend on what happens over the pre season but the best time to debut a player is when the team is at its strongest which barring injury/ suspension, will be round one. Can't see a forward debuting early but, despite the opinions of many others, I think Alamoti will debut round one.
I could see Alamoti debuting simply for his early tackle carries and our lack of established outside backs. You would probably have to play him on the left next to JAC to help ease him in.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Alamoti has great hands too. Defence is his only issue
1 on 1 defense is very strong. He can drop ***** in dominant tackles but his positioning and reads need work.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe some duds on here are saying “Perham isn’t ready for 1st grade”

He’s 23 and was a machine for the eels this year. He’s the our right wing man, calling it here and whoever hasn’t watched his highlights. He’s an explosive winger and really fast.

1. ????
2. Hayze Perham
3. Paul Alamoti
4. ???
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. ???