2021 State of Origin Game 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if coates comes out and has a blinder and scores a hat trick tonight..

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
This one SHOULD be a closer game, but there is no reason why NSW can't win 13+ once again. I mean look at those backlines and compare.

Unless NSW forwards get absolutely dominated and NSW have no possession inside QLD's half for long periods of time, then I can't see QLD keeping it within 1-12.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact that he played for QLD juniors don’t mean shit.

SBW played for NSW at junior level but was still ineligible for Origin.

Stop crying because you’re not allowed to break the rules.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i asked my son give me a first try scorer for my multi, he said Cleary show and go, fingers crossed, added some value to the bet

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol I heard him interviewed on that bloke in a bar podcast where he said he came to Australia at 14 or 15

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This should be NSW 40+

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just because the peanut and his manager incorrectly filled out a form? Basically they lied and got away with it… until now

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD should just say the same about luai and all the islanders forwards blues have. Doubt they'll get proof in time for the game either.. bit of a joke.. why don't NRL maintain a list of eligible players. When you sign an nrl contract your SOO eligibility is determined and can only be removed if you represent another tier 1 nation
And I would add to that if you have already played origin, you can't play for any tier one nation other than Australia.

Adrian Lam played for PNG and Tonie Carroll for NZ after playing for Qld.

Let's face it the main reason the rules were changed was because of how Greg Inglis from Macksville played for them.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if you've been born in another country & your father played SOO then you will be able to play? It does ask the question for whom - does this mean that if your father played for QLD then you can play but for NSW no?
Matt Rogers played for Qld. His father Steve played for NSW. I know a guy from Golf who coached Matt in the Sharks juniors until he was 14 before he moved to Qld.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mat Rogers played for Qld. His father Steve played for NSW. I know a guy from Golf who coached Mat in the Sharks juniors until he was 14 before he moved to Qld.
But was he born overseas?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact that he played for QLD juniors don’t mean shit.

SBW played for NSW at junior level but was still ineligible for Origin.

Stop crying because you’re not allowed to break the rules.
This. Lets also add Greg Inglis into that as well who played his junior football in NSW for a NSW club or Brad Thorn who actually played QLD then went and played for the All Blacks which theoretically should've made him ineligible as he played not only in a rival code but also a rival nation.

QLD never complain when the chips are stacked against NSW. Imagine if that Greg Inglis try in 2012 which was a clear cut knock on was awarded to James Tedesco tonight, the uproar will be huge. NSW took it on the chin and accepted it and we all witnessed the biggest dynasty from QLD which in all fairness was well deserved as they had an immortal spine. But flip that around and the about of sooking and whinging from QLDers would be utterly insufferable

Get the f*ck over it seriously