2021 Round 22 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disgusted at these rules.

You can't give a penalty for every love tap to the head. It's a contact sport and sometimes it happens even though the defensive player is actually performing a legal textbook tackle (sometimes the player with the ball slips last second or last second ducks his head into the tackle)

It's just a fuckijg joke it really is screwing the game
I really don't understand it and have stopped trying to. There was hardly a 6-again call tonight, maybe none. Yet other games there's about 15. And the 'high-shot' stuff, they seem to pick and choose which ones they penalise. It was a pretty entertaining game overall, but Klein and co had to have their say in it all.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After tupoiniua ducks his head into the tackle at the last moment? If he He doesn't duck, there's nothing wrong with that tackle and at most it would be a love tap contact
i agree with you but i doubt that was deliberate the duck..but this is not new now has been a problem for more than 2 months.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We would be losing our games by less if we got the same favourable treatment
When we lost to the Roosters 22-16. After we equalised we didn't see the ball again unless it was us pinned in our own half, plenty of the crap the Roosters did to the Broncos this game that got penalised and went completely unnoticed during our game against the Roosters. It's fucking disgusting and i'm a glad the good for nothing arrogant shits got a good taste of bad reffing

No the Broncos are not courageous or playing good footy, they're just getting a fair share of the calls and in some instances calls against teams that are far above them on the ladder and it's fucking making me puke. It's like the NRL has done everything in their power to make sure the Broncos don't get a second spoon in a row, because how would that fucking look. Embarrassing.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't understand it and have stopped trying to. There was hardly a 6-again call tonight, maybe none. Yet other games there's about 15. And the 'high-shot' stuff, they seem to pick and choose which ones they penalise. It was a pretty entertaining game overall, but Klein and co had to have their say in it all.
Thats not Klein for the high shot mate, that's vlandys. He brought in this stupid no leeway and penalty for every "high" shot.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i agree with you but i doubt that was deliberate the duck..but this is not new now has been a problem for more than 2 months.
Dont get me wrong I'm not saying in anyway the duck was deliberate. I'm just saying up until that point it was a textbook tackle and tupoiniua ducking at the last moment made the tackle wrong. Tupoiniua probably had a last moment reflex action

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm disgusted at these rules.

You can't give a penalty for every love tap to the head. It's a contact sport and sometimes it happens even though the defensive player is actually performing a legal textbook tackle (sometimes the player with the ball slips last second or last second ducks his head into the tackle)

It's just a fuckijg joke it really is screwing the game
Understatement, and your points are accurate, as said , turning into touch footy. Very pedantic calls!! and the fact all the officials can use it to their discretion they milk it BIG TIME. Flogs.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not Klein for the high shot mate, that's vlandys. He brought in this stupid no leeway and penalty for every "high" shot.
Yeah, that's basically what I meant. The 'crackdown' is apparently over, so now it just seems very random which ones they decide to penalise. If they were consistent tonight, there would have been about 47 penalties. I really didn't care who won, but it just seemed a flat way to end what was not a bad game overall. We should be talking about the footy, not f'en refs and interpretation of bullshit rules etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently every player at the club is for sale at the right price, plenty interest in tommo in the NRL and ESL
I hope he stays !
Didn't you want him to come home matey? :grinning:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just seen replay of high shot that decided game. Lol at blaming refs and vlandys. The bloke hit him in the head fair and square.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently every player at the club is for sale at the right price, plenty interest in tommo in the NRL and ESL
I hope he stays !
Praying that some club want Hetherington:innocent:

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Didn't you want him to come home matey? :grinning:
Selfishly yes, but Luke wants to stay, he loves Australia and all that it brings, his future will be decided over the weekend
Gus rates him but unfortunately the dogs have bigger issues than having a prop on marque money

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Selfishly yes, but Luke wants to stay, he loves Australia and all that it brings, his future will be decided over the weekend
Gus rates him but unfortunately the dogs have bigger issues than having a prop on marque money
Hell, now I'm having Jimmy G end of 2017 season flashbacks :upset:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's bad news for us if so, and unsettling for him, and all concerned. There's plenty ahead of him on the roster on overs and have no where near the same ability to lift us next year. It will be a pity as next year we will see the best of him with some decent support around him.

You mentioned "Bigger issues"?
Can you elaborate?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's bad news for us if so, and unsettling for him, and all concerned. There's plenty ahead of him on the roster on overs and have no where near the same ability to lift us next year. It will be a pity as next year we will see the best of him with some decent support around him.

You mentioned "Bigger issues"?
Can you elaborate?
He still has a contract so if he wants to stay surely it is up to him - being moved on whilst still under contract has to be mutually agreed.
He has definitely been better this year but when you consider the suspension rate and his still developing defence - value for money?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He still has a contract so if he wants to stay surely it is up to him - being moved on whilst still under contract has to be mutually agreed.
He has definitely been better this year but when you consider the suspension rate and his still developing defence - value for money?
He has been harshly dealt with but yeah you put that Bulldogs jersey on, you ain't gonna be a media darling and get any 50/50's.

As it stands atm, with suspensions, his low impact defence and no forwards around him to complement his running, then he isn't value for money which seems to be the Gus buzz words of the week.

Next year with Burton, TPJ, Vaughan offering more towards his style of play, then yes...if he is still here (apparently).