2021 Round 22 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sharks were not allowed chances to win the game.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Newcastle getting the calls, no surprise
Didn't watch the game but another big penalty count in Newcastle's favour. The statistics published on TK last week indicate they are am in favour species.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game but another big penalty count in Newcastle's favour. The statistics published on TK last week indicate they are am in favour species.
A lot like many of their games this year. but surprisingly none for inside the ten so both sides were perfect in that regard...

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone watching the game saw that in the first half, Sharks had about 5-6 six-agains which was lopsided. Not saying that they weren't deserved though. The penalties in the second half to the Knights balances that out to an extent. I haven't seen statistics which show six-agains awarded during the match.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No news on charges from yesterdays games they will come later....

Wonder how Ryan James will go......... hopefully just a fine if no other previous offences.. Gee the NRL must be loving the fines they are raking in and this week so far, another EIGHT players are facing monetary punishment.......

Parramatta's Ryan Matterson is facing a minimum three-week suspension for the high shot on Brad Parker that saw the Eels back-rower sent off on Saturday night.

Matterson has been served a grade three careless high tackle charge after Parker was left concussed in Manly's 56-10 thumping.

The 26-year-old's prior similar offence has added carry-over points to his tally, though not enough to add any further weeks to the three-game ban Matterson faces with an early guilty plea.

He would not be available until the first week of the finals if he cops the suspension, and would be rubbed out for five matches if the Eels were to challenge the ban and lose.

Teammates Joey Lussick (cannonball tackle) and Maika Sivo (careless high tackle) both face monetary fines only for their respective grade one charges out of the Manly loss.

Three crusher tackles out of Wests Tigers win over North Queensland have Jacob Liddle, Thomas Mikaele and Cowboys rookie Neame Griffin facing one-week bans if they take the early guilty plea to their grade one charges.

Michael Chee Kam
and Valentine Holmes (both grade one dangerous contact charges for taking out catchers' legs while they were in the air) will be free to play in round 23 as they face fines between $1500 and $2100 for their offences.

Roosters lock Victor Radley and Brisbane five-eighth Tyson Gamble are both facing extended stays on the sidelines after being charged by the match review committee from Friday night's match.

Radley is facing a suspension of three to four weeks after being hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge for making contact with the legs of Albert Kelly after the Broncos halfback put in a kick .

Gamble is facing a ban of two to three matches for a crusher tackle on Roosters forward Nat Butcher.

In other charges from Friday night's games, Penrith halves Jarome Luai (careless high tackle) and Nathan Cleary (dangerous contact), Dragons halfback Adam Clune (dangerous contact) and Broncos winger David Mead (careless high tackle) are all facing fines.

Meanwhile Canberra forward Corey Harawira-Naera has posted an emotional apology on social media after he was charged over his reckless tackle on Jahrome Hughes in Thursday night's loss to the Storm.

He is facing a four-week ban after he was sent off late in Thursday's game for high contact on the Melbourne halfback.

The match review committee has handed him a grade-three reckless high tackle and he would have been facing a six-match ban but he receives a 25% discount due to a seven-year incident-free record.

If he submits an early guilty plea, he will cop a three-game suspension, which would mean he would only play again in 2021 if the eighth-placed Raiders hang on to make the finals.

In his Instagram post, Harawira-Naera said he was disgusted with himself over his tackle - Harawira-Naera was sent off with four minutes remaining after connecting with the head of Hughes, when Melbourne held a six-point lead. The Storm went on to clinch a 26-16 win.

"In all my days of playing this game of Rugby League, I have never left the field feeling so disgusted in myself to the point where I had sat in the sheds and balled my eyes out for a good 5 minutes.

"The picture I have in my head of when I first looked up after the collision of your eyes rolled to back to your head and your body stiff bro @jahromehughes and being the cause of it gave me a feeling I never want to feel again or would never want anyone else to feel.

"What happen (sic) last night I wouldn’t wish upon my biggest enemy and struggling to sleep last night hopefully shows how remorseful and sorry I am my bro, and I have what’s coming to me when it comes to judiciary and will serve the time I have to. All love my bro and I hope to see you back to full health firstly and back on the field in no time bro ❤"

Hughes has also posted on social media on Friday morning to say he was recovering from the heavy knock and thanked Harawira-Naera and other Raiders players for checking on his welfare.

"Very tough game last night. Happy to come away with the dub . Unfortunate way to finish the game but thats footy, was just a very unlucky and unfortunate event.