2021 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I pray Penrith dont fuck up against eels there the team I can’t stand the most.
There is every chance with coach Cleary, he could pull off a bottle job the likes of which we have never seen before as he did against Souffs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Nexus is referring to the Gutho kick, or non kick as it was. I went back and looked at the replay and he absolutely drops it and only gets boot to ball after the ball hits the turf. All of that happened before the professional foul, rendering it irrelevant.
Spot on. Ironically Klein was the referee for the Slater one back in 2018 where he dropped the ball, kicked it and ran through to 'score" Went upstairs and the bunker gave it. Diabolical like today....The rule states for it to be legitimate the ball must be let go with the purposeful intention of kicking it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We know how Knights fans feel after another refereeing blunder, this time from the video ref, some of these must have their eye painted on or need a visit to specsavers. May not have had any bearing on the end result but put an end to any chance they had and in turn, their season.

Parra once again were good in patches and against teams that finish below them on the table. This win wouldn't be sending any shockwaves through the Panthers camp.
Husband has been saying he is only watching the final series to see what errors are made that will cost a side a chance at advancing. There you go.....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spot on. Ironically Klein was the referee for the Slater one back in 2018 where he dropped the ball, kicked it and ran through to 'score" Went upstairs and the bunker gave it. Diabolical like today....The rule states for it to be legitimate the ball must be let go with the purposeful intention of kicking it.
So Klein is still in DeKlein in terms of his reffing abilities

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Battle of the beaches and a battle of the westies coming up.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol so the storm pre lim is gonna be on at the same time as the afl grand final

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even with a drop field goal, it has to be intentionally dropped. You can't drop the ball in an uncontrolled manner and then kick it over (if you had the ability) and claim the field goal
So you and I know the rules yet the guys who are paid to adjudicate them don't.

DROP KICK is a kick whereby the ball is dropped from the hands (or hand) and is kicked immediately it rebounds from the ground

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Klein is still in DeKlein in terms of his reffing abilities
Yep as it was patently obvious in 2018 that there was no need to refer the incident upstairs to the bunker who simply compounded the error......

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It hit the ground 100%, it’s not even a 50/50 call. Absolutely disgraceful decision.
Agree it hit the ground, not really a good look in general for such an important game.