2020 State Of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. I saw a couple of players complaining about it but nothing from the commentators. I'm not being a sore loser, but that is just plain wrong... its 1 play which could have yielded any outcome. Surely Sutton gets his ass kicked for that...?
Not just that, but think about it... There were 5 out of 12 QLD players laying in that play the ball..
Tell me we couldnt have scored out wide?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it. Living in Sydney and being a Bulldog, Queensland and Liberal supporter I have the trifecta of general public hate...:tonguewink:

Go the Maroons!!!!
Fuck baz I didn’t realise you where a Queenslander!!! Don’t get me started on the fucking labor government in Queensland can’t believe the carnts got back in but fuck politics let’s soak up the win yewwww

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck baz I didn’t realise you where a Queenslander!!! Don’t get me started on the fucking labor government in Queensland can’t believe the carnts got back in but fuck politics let’s soak up the win yewwww
I have dropped the odd hint before with my beer preferences.. hahahah

l enjoy every win over the blues.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what happens when you pick a fb at centre, a 5/8 at centre, a left winger on the right, and another 5/8 on the bench. You just can't hide players in origin.
Well hang on a minute, those same players in those positions won us the series last year except for Cody Walker on the bench and Gutherson playing centre, so what’s the difference other than Turbo a fb being out injured and Gutherson another fb replacing him in the centres. Keep in mind we lost the first game last series and came back to win the next two games! We had a few things go against us this game like Murray having one hit up then coming off for the remainder of the game, but that does not excuse the lack lustre approach we displayed in the second half, we thought we had the game won at 10 nil and stopped playing with 40 minutes remaining. Another massive bounce back in the works I hope!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most interesting thing about this series is seeing whos left standing by game 3 after all the injuries.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically DCE and Munster outplayed their counterparts in the 2nd half. As did Gagai and Capewell. Cleary is a reverse Gagai. Plays great in club games, but goes missing on the big stage. NSW missed Maloney.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well that was fucked.
Bwaaaassssass
Looks like the three in a row is a no go bwaaaaasssa
Nah there will be a shake up in the lineup and we win game 2.

For starters he needs to get rid of Gutherson unless Tedesco is injured, and even then only if Pap isnt available. Cody Walker needs to start in the halves. Probably instead of Keary. And they need to NOT expect to win.

One thing that may be an issue though is i think NSW have more NRL finals players and seem more tired and battered because of it.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got beat in the centres, ironically where nsw dont have any. Fullback and a 5/8, cotric should have bern there before king blufferson

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that was fucked.

Nah there will be a shake up in the lineup and we win game 2.

For starters he needs to get rid of Gutherson unless Tedesco is injured, and even then only if Pap isnt available. Cody Walker needs to start in the halves. Probably instead of Keary. And they need to NOT expect to win.

One thing that may be an issue though is i think NSW have more NRL finals players and seem more tired and battered because of it.
That loss had nothing to do with individual player's, on paper that NSW side should have beaten QLD by 30 but unfortunately for the blues the game isn't played on paper and my point was that there would be no clean sweep this year as predicted by every man and his dog. They need to change the coach not the players for mine. Kevvy getting the broncs job was the best thing that happened to QLD.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well hang on a minute, those same players in those positions won us the series last year except for Cody Walker on the bench and Gutherson playing centre, so what’s the difference other than Turbo a fb being out injured and Gutherson another fb replacing him in the centres. Keep in mind we lost the first game last series and came back to win the next two games! We had a few things go against us this game like Murray having one hit up then coming off for the remainder of the game, but that does not excuse the lack lustre approach we displayed in the second half, we thought we had the game won at 10 nil and stopped playing with 40 minutes remaining. Another massive bounce back in the works I hope!
Turbo is a totally different build to Gutherson. He is a massive frame, and plays a completely different role to Gutherson. Gutherson is a ball player, he plays like an extra 5/8, where as turbo relies on speed and power, to hit a hole and break a tackle, or leap above the pack to take a kick and Score. I also doubt that Kapewell runs over the top of him like he did Gutherson. Wighton played 5/8, his usual position too. For some time during the match we also had Walker on the field, so how do you think our spluttering attack was meant to know what to do with Keary, Cleary, Walker, Wighton and Gutherson? Too many cooks spoiling the broth. Toupou also made some shocking mistakes.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tupou < Cotric
Keary < Walker or Wrighton

Drop Cordner and Crichton. And all forwards told they are on thin ice.

Must find a place for Pap.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Woke up today and still pissed off with that performance.

Only positive I can take out of it is we only lost by 4, which is amazing considering how good QLD played in the second half and how shit we were the whole game.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tedesco is cooked from injury.

Pap
JAC
J. Croker
J. Morris
B. Morris
Wighton
Cleary
Safiti