2020 coming to a close, looking forward to 2021

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have always been a real club which unfortunately went down a rocky old road.
Our previous management let us supporters down big time, no excuses
The boys will put in next year.
Good results in time.
Oh my god, give it a rest about previous management. It's going to be 2030 and you lot are still going to be blaming them for everything.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Barrett will get us playing better than Pay ever could, but he'll have to be a magician (real magic, not just slight of hand) to turn JMK and Lewis into the organisers we need. We've got serviceable options at fullback for now, but even if Wakeham and Averillo find their feet in the halves, we won't play finals with JMK at dummy half. And we still don't have a proper forward leader with some proper starch.

Can't see us playing finals until we fill all those holes, but I'm confident Barrett can improve what we've got (JMK and Lewis aside). One huge plus though is Tolman leaving. Having a forward that exerts no dominance whatsoever, being so dominant in our attack after tackle 3, has held us back for a long time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope not, but I think 2021 is going to be another kick in the balls.
Im leaning that way in regards to ladder position and not making the 8. However with the coaching staff we will start to see gradual improvements in attack, rather than all the bullshit we were promised years prior.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im leaning that way in regards to ladder position and not making the 8. However with the coaching staff we will start to see gradual improvements in attack, rather than all the bullshit we were promised years prior.
agree, I don't want to hear the phrase "training the house down" during this off season. I don't want to be pumped up at all.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It's not the same feeling as the 2008-2009 off season surge, but it's a clean out of sorts which we've needed for a long time, so I guess that's a positive to take into next year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We have lost plenty of ganes by 6 points or there abouts, so if Barrett can get us scoring on average 6 points more per game, which im very confident he can, then we can definitely make big moves up the ladder next year. Obviously it depends on injuries and how other teams perform, but its very much possible.
Agree mate. The issue has always been the lack of quality and polish. We know why. I reckon 8 losses we’ve had this year were winnable but let’s pull that down to even 5 - win those and we’re knocking on the door of the 8. Between squad and coaching changes I’m expecting significant improvement.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 losses by 6 points or less... turn them into wins and we are in the 8.

It is quite a task for TBaz because there isn't much talent out there and our juniors are not in the state where we need them to be but definitely doable. Bring on 2021!