2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't know why To'omaga failed to impress in his 1st grade games this season but he has got "it". He'll be part of the top squad next year for sure.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know why To'omaga failed to impress in his 1st grade games this season but he has got "it". He'll be part of the top squad next year for sure.
Sometimes they need to be dropped for a bit then they come back better earlier in the year lattrel mitchell was up and down struggling with first grade and was rested and look how good he is now

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just putting it out there- is the idea of Lewis playing centre totally dead and buried? It’s the only way Cogger fits into the side.....
He’s too good a half to play centre. Probably doesn’t have the attacking game to play centre either
he played a little bit nervously. It was his mind that “failed”. But he didn’t IMO. He came on once when we didn’t have the ball for a good chunk, he had only a few hit ups etc. quiet guy he could of felt shy to scream for the ball. He was quiet, and unimpressive but not poor. Couple of errors but meh, the bloke is a unit.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To'omaga has first grade written all over him, I think he will be a regular by the end of 2019

Lewis is a good centre but a better half

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he played a little bit nervously. It was his mind that “failed”. But he didn’t IMO. He came on once when we didn’t have the ball for a good chunk, he had only a few hit ups etc. quiet guy he could of felt shy to scream for the ball. He was quiet, and unimpressive but not poor. Couple of errors but meh, the bloke is a unit.
Definitely seems the quiet type but i think we should pick and stick in 2019. I'm convinced he will be a top notch 1st grader.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know how to start a thread but woods was picked in the australian side. No jacko.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
and Ben Hunt was selected lol fuck me

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now that Eastwood, Fine, Woolford, Cleeland, and Frawley etc, are gone, can we afford a good defensive centre with the money left over?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To'omaga would do better in NRL running wider I reckon. Big body but has some pace about him. Let him line up centres and halves :D

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To'omaga would do better in NRL running wider I reckon. Big body but has some pace about him. Let him line up centres and halves :D
Basically how fifita plays ,i personally like him up the middle as he has amazing leg drive and pops really good offloads in traffic

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If hoppa is too slow for centre u dont put the bloke on the wing. When he was playing centre this year he was only person to break the line get an offload away so we could score. Apart from him we had nothing. Holland at right centre over hoppa. Please god help us.
I disagree. Hoppa leaked so many points when he was defending in the centres. His best position is Fullback until we find someone better, then he can go back to the wing like when he first started at Manly. He’s too classy and a smart footballer to leave out of the starting 13.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But his positional skill in defence is abismal maybe he is not suited for wing.?
It all starts from the inside. Your centre and half/5/8th need to react quicker in defence or else the winger gets made to look like poo. Yes, Montoya didn’t have the confidence he had in attack like he did in 2017, but in defence it really wasn’t his fault.

Who saw Feki run around Smith in the last round. That’s because Smith didn’t have confidence in Frawley who was defending on the inside. Smith got caught between helping Frawley out or sticking on his man. In the end he got caught in no mans land because of that dud Frawley.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all starts from the inside. Your centre and half/5/8th need to react quicker in defence or else the winger gets made to look like poo. Yes, Montoya didn’t have the confidence he had in attack like he did in 2017, but in defence it really wasn’t his fault.

Who saw Feki run around Smith in the last round. That’s because Smith didn’t have confidence in Frawley who was defending on the inside. Smith got caught between helping Frawley out or sticking on his man. In the end he got caught in no mans land because of that dud Frawley.
I saw that, my heart sunk. I thought fuck me I hope it’s a once off, your all we’ve got.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. Hoppa leaked so many points when he was defending in the centres. His best position is Fullback until we find someone better, then he can go back to the wing like when he first started at Manly. He’s too classy and a smart footballer to leave out of the starting 13.
Everyone needs to invest time in other topics...Hoppa is a Fullback & a bloody good one. End of story.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been promoting him as a centre since he was signed. We lack a good centre and we have an influx of backrowers.
Will play on the edge. Just selected as a Kiwi in the pending test match. Soon to be an international edge forward. Won’t be moved to the backs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reimis Smith will probably end up in the centres, that's his preferred position

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes they need to be dropped for a bit then they come back better earlier in the year lattrel mitchell was up and down struggling with first grade and was rested and look how good he is now
Just nerves. Once he gets ontop of his nerves which will happen with a few more games, good luck to the opposition. The boy can bend a line.