Official 2019 Annual General Meeting

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know enough to say whether he automatically qualifies and I get he was hurt by alot of stuff that happened but I really didn't appreciate what he said about the club in the year he was at the Sharks. He would have been better to say nothing.

I also don't like how these guys try to re-attached themselves to the club after they've done the rounds and find the grass isn't greener elsewhere. Goes to show how decent the club is for allowing some of them to be involved again.
Which guys are you referring to?

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have received my AGM Agenda.
The Special Resolutions are regarding proxies. The Board made a commitment as part of their election strategy last year, to investigate the withdrawal of the proxy vote as it was seen as not being specifically representative of the individual member by appointing a proxy who had the ability to vote as they (the proxy) thought fit, rather than being truly representative of the views and wishes of the member. The Club has obviously sought the appropriate legal advice and has formulated the Special Resolutions as presented to the Members. The Constitution can only be altered once the appropriate legislation has been amended and the Club is merely putting itself into a position where the Constitution can be amended without the need for an expensive Extraordinary General Meeting once the Legislation has been amended.
All members, including the Members signed in the last year, are able to vote on these Resolutions.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the AGM is on tomorrow at 10am at the League Club. You have to be a Footy Club member to be enter.
I will post the important talking points here tomorrow night during the ads of MAFS

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the AGM is on tomorrow at 10am at the League Club. You have to be a Footy Club member to be enter.
I will post the important talking points here tomorrow night during the ads of MAFS
Thanks for the reminder Steve M. Appreciate it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
10AM Sunday or 10AM Monday?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ahh cool ... Hopfully we hear some interesting things from it :grinning:
Probably not, They review previous minutes of the last AGM. There may be some constitutional changes were you vote by show of hands. Each year there are nominations for life memberships, again members vote by show of hands. The coach makes a speech, new players(recruits) are brought in on stage. Also members can get up to the microphone and ask the board any question they want in front of everyone, recommendations are also made to management and the board.
The only difference this year is there are no elections for board positions, that’s next year. The big AGM’s are every two years when it’s election time.

Then everyone enjoys the open bar, unlimited drinks and finger food. This is the time when you can go up to the coach, players, board members(directors), club officials etc and have a good old fashion yarn lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Grimaldi should of said Manly and Dib co. Crap
That would have a recieved an even bigger and louder round of applause if he had said that rather then what he had initially said. But nonetheless he is showing his loyalty and love of the club and fans.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That would have a recieved an even bigger and louder round of applause if he had said that rather then what he had initially said. But nonetheless he is showing his loyalty and love of the club and fans.
Oh yeah Grimaldi loves the dogs, just goes to show the division that was there when Hasler was coach. I was suprised with what he said about Manly. But loved it.... I was so happy him getting life membership, they all deserved their life memberships. What was also noticeable was with all the votes lynne said it was 75% in favour more like 100% to me. The board has got very strong support from its members and today’s meeting proved it..

Last edited: