Official 2019 Annual General Meeting

Reddog

New Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time, long time. Great vibe coming out of the club....looks to be a happy place. A few points:
Field sessions have been shorter but greater emphasis on intensity.
New players have adapted well and were well spoken.
I was told that the club has very little salary cap space for this year.
They are chasing the younger Brailey from the sharks.
Josh Jackson will be playing on the edge along with CWH and RFM. Jackson will be shuffling between edge and middle third. I did don’t ask about Rhyse Martin.
Nick Meaney has trained very well. Pay has not made a call on the fullback role but no doubt Meaney will play first grade at some point this year.
Lynne Anderson is a fantastic and charismatic chair.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah Grimaldi loves the dogs, just goes to show the division that was there when Hasler was coach. I was suprised with what he said about Manly. But loved it.... I was so happy him getting life membership, they all deserved their life memberships. What was also noticeable was with all the votes lynne said it was 75% in favour more like 100% to me. The board has got very strong support from its members and today’s meeting proved it..
Usually the vote only needs 75% or over to get ratified so that’s why she probably said that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m glad proxy votes are now a thing of the past after today. Now with postal votes everyone gets to have their say and there’s no grey area.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Usually the vote only needs 75% or over to get ratified so that’s why she probably said that.
I’m glad proxy votes are now a thing of the past after today. Now with postal votes everyone gets to have their say and there’s no grey area.
Yeah i agree i think its a better way this way. Other than being at the meeting this is the best way to vote.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This board has only been in 1year and the work its done is great. Another good thing in changing the way we vote should off been done years ago.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah Grimaldi loves the dogs, just goes to show the division that was there when Hasler was coach. I was suprised with what he said about Manly. But loved it.... I was so happy him getting life membership, they all deserved their life memberships. What was also noticeable was with all the votes lynne said it was 75% in favour more like 100% to me. The board has got very strong support from its members and today’s meeting proved it..
Because they have done everything right from day one! Everyone should be behind them. I hope they stay in power for the next 10 years at least.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This board has only been in 1year and the work its done is great. Another good thing in changing the way we vote should off been done years ago.
Well there was a big reason why Dib didn’t want proxy voting gone....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time, long time. Great vibe coming out of the club....looks to be a happy place. A few points:
Field sessions have been shorter but greater emphasis on intensity.
New players have adapted well and were well spoken.
I was told that the club has very little salary cap space for this year.
They are chasing the younger Brailey from the sharks.
Josh Jackson will be playing on the edge along with CWH and RFM. Jackson will be shuffling between edge and middle third. I did don’t ask about Rhyse Martin.
Nick Meaney has trained very well. Pay has not made a call on the fullback role but no doubt Meaney will play first grade at some point this year.
Lynne Anderson is a fantastic and charismatic chair.
Sounds great except for Jackson on the edge. He makes great metres up the middle and with the interchange being reduced in the future, he would well and truly be a force there. This makes it seem to me like Pay will have CHN interchange Elliot and when this happens Jacko will go to lock. Good to keep hearing about chasing Brailey

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds great except for Jackson on the edge. He makes great metres up the middle and with the interchange being reduced in the future, he would well and truly be a force there. This makes it seem to me like Pay will have CHN interchange Elliot and when this happens Jacko will go to lock. Good to keep hearing about chasing Brailey
I guess he has more options this year than last. Looks like pay has what he wants this year. I think we maybe getting some good football from the squad this year. Last year he was given left overs, this year he can pick from players competing for spots. If there chasing Brailey thats even better.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed jacko should be lock he will be awesome there with chn and ffm and elliott off the bench will offer lots of impact

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting fact about Grimaldi.. aside from the Dogs he only ever played one game for one other Australian NRL side .... the Dragons.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on Mason for getting one, pity he couldn't get back after telling Noad he had to stand down.
You can't sack the boss.
Good on the boys for getting life membership.
Any other issues worth mentioning at the meeting?

Last edited:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think it was best club It was the moment that stands out, and he said coming to Cronulla.

Anyone that believes he meant that, considering he won a premiership back in 2004 with the Dogs, and during his ten years playing with his two brothers... He was just hurt over the way his whole family were treated. He was told he was unwanted for 2009, but still went around again with the Sharks.

Think he meant the thing that stood out for him was making the stand when he was told to piss off.
Here is a link

Interview is at ~ 4:00 minutes.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
No he wasn't, He played a season with the Sharks
Yeah he did play with the sharks after the dogs did everything they could to push him out. He wanted to stay at the club and finish his career as a dog he was willing to take a pay cut to stay.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good on Mason for getting one, pity he couldn't get back after telling Noad he had to stand down.
You can't sack the boss.
Good on the boys for getting life membership.
Any other issues worth mentioning at the meeting?
No other issues.