Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah thats a fair call mate, but I know how players quite easily go to another level when they are playingin a high quality team. PLayers do seem to play better with top line players around them. Last year we were shit all over the park prety much. I dont get to see many ISP games so cant really judge on that. All i know when he came on first game he played we looked much better, then as the year went on not as impresseive. But is that just the plan he was given, boring footy?
The only reason i can see Pay picking him ahead of other options is because he can place a ball better than any of them, even then he's still inconsistent with it. I also just see him as a really shit version of Foran so i don't see how they will compliment each others games.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only reason i can see Pay picking him ahead of other options is because he can place a ball better than any of them, even then he's still inconsistent with it. I also just see him as a really shit version of Foran so i don't see how they will compliment each others games.
Agree we need a Running 5/8 with Foran but we just dont have one any better do we? Cleeland fits that from what I hear but think he will get the nod?
It is clear that whoever is partnering Foran is going to be the weak link in the team, but from what ive seen of Frawley just something about him I like.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree we need a Running 5/8 with Foran but we just dont have one any better do we? Cleeland fits that from what I hear but think he will get the nod?
It is clear that whoever is partnering Foran is going to be the weak link in the team, but from what ive seen of Frawley just something about him I like.
Yh we will just have to give him a chance, i'm just not very excited about it lol.

A

Alexander the Great

amazing how a player whois not wanted by Hasler is now listed as our second key player.. i really wish lichaa all the best this year after that germ tried to destroy his future.

A

Alexander the Great

No Garrett , your not alone I can't understand how so many people rubbish Matt Frawley, he was given an almost impossibe job last year with very limted time on the field under HASBEEN I feel he will shine this year especially if he is given the ball early which means it doesn't go through 3 sets of forwards hand before he gets it. The rest of what you said is also spot on haven't been this excited since my wedding night
He has to shine.. he is playing for his role. Cogger and 2019...

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah thats a fair call mate, but I know how players quite easily go to another level when they are playingin a high quality team. PLayers do seem to play better with top line players around them. Last year we were shit all over the park prety much. I dont get to see many ISP games so cant really judge on that. All i know when he came on first game he played we looked much better, then as the year went on not as impresseive. But is that just the plan he was given, boring footy?
In response to gotenks I also agree with Garrett again if I were playing regies no matter how I would like to play I know it would not be the same consentration levels and intensity as if I were playing 1st grade

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh we will just have to give him a chance, i'm just not very excited about it lol.
One thing about this year I get the feeling that if anyone is not performing they will find themselves in Reggie very quickly, not like the last couple of yrs under HASBEEN

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In response to gotenks I also agree with Garrett again if I were playing regies no matter how I would like to play I know it would not be the same consentration levels and intensity as if I were playing 1st grade
Seriously after a few here on the kennel shot their load over Frawley after two games. Over the entirety of last season he was hopeless!!!

Look I hope I'm wrong about him. But I can't help but feel if Frawley is our starting halfback, that's the best we can do, pack up the deck chairs because the Canterbury ship will hit the iceberg early in season 2018.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Push Suli to centre and Hoppa to 6
He pretty much played like a 6 last year lol

beaudean

Waterboy
Reaction score
New coach new spine sort of I think we can upset the competition but yea I think it's gunna come down to our half I liked Frawley especially under dip shit Hasler and all his crap but can we go with teams like storm roosters etc is another question,my hopes are up I think there's only 38 days left till kick off so we will find out

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've heard Lachlan Lewis has been training the house down and has put on some size , could he be a smokie to play in the halves this year ?

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of people got their hopes up about Frawley after we played our trial against the Storm and he looked very good and we scored about 6 tries. Then when he came into first grade we bear the broncos and he played a great game against the knights. After that it seemed to go downhill, along with the rest of the team.

I'm prepared to give everyone a second chance under Pay and with Foran steering the ship. That includes Frawley, Tolman, Mbye, Eastwood and anyone else.

I don't think Pay will pick anyone based on reputation alone. I think we all just have to trust that he picks the players based on what he has seen all off season at training.

I'm excited to see guys like Cleeland and Martin get a run but if they don't so be it. As long as the guys getting picked are putting in and he isn't playing favourites I'll be happy.

Im genuinely excited to see the bulldogs play which hasn't been the case for a very long time. Good luck to Pay and the boys, I'm sure his first season will be a successful one and the future looks bright as well.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some good seeds are being planted by dean pay. Im very optimistic that we are now following successful clubs strategies in blooding youth.
Des unfortunately tried a failed method over and over of rescuing hasbeen players.
Can anyone recall a young player that he signed from the lower grades and became a gun?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people got their hopes up about Frawley after we played our trial against the Storm and he looked very good and we scored about 6 tries. Then when he came into first grade we bear the broncos and he played a great game against the knights. After that it seemed to go downhill, along with the rest of the team.

I'm prepared to give everyone a second chance under Pay and with Foran steering the ship. That includes Frawley, Tolman, Mbye, Eastwood and anyone else.

I don't think Pay will pick anyone based on reputation alone. I think we all just have to trust that he picks the players based on what he has seen all off season at training.

I'm excited to see guys like Cleeland and Martin get a run but if they don't so be it. As long as the guys getting picked are putting in and he isn't playing favourites I'll be happy.

Im genuinely excited to see the bulldogs play which hasn't been the case for a very long time. Good luck to Pay and the boys, I'm sure his first season will be a successful one and the future looks bright as well.
Very well said Dogbone and I think deep down every true doggy supporter feels the same, no matter who puts on that jumper I hope they enjoy killing the opposition in a friendly sort of way..... No not too friendly in a bulldog sort of way..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm genuinely excited for season to begin as I quite like our roster. I was wondering where we fit in. I have Easts Cows Parra Storm and Penrith as certain for eight. I only have Wests Knights and Titans as certain to miss eight. That leaves 8 teams fighting out 3 positions in my mind. Some of these teams have good rosters also, it's going to be a struggle but hoping for some luck along the way. Foran must stay fit, we desperately need him. Haven't looked to origin yet but we will be missing frontrow and captain..It's one the hardest years to predict I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.