2018 Origin Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Cronk & Thurston retiring from rep duties and Pearce finally out of the equation NSW have a good chance at taking out the series?

Thoughts on lineups and the State to take it home?

NSW
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. T. Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Jackson
13. Frizell

14. W. Graham
15. Fafita
16. J. Trbojevic
17. Vaughan

QLD.
1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Chambers
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Hess
15. Wallace
16. Glasby
17. Hunt

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Pearce is finally out of the equation. I though he was out of the equation years ago, but they keep bringing him back.

Also just my opinion but fafita, Dugan should also never play for nsw again. Dylan walker maybe for Dugan and Campbell Gillard for fafita.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The referees tend to determine the outcome in recent years anyway. This will be the third year running that I won't watch origin.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i would pretty much dismantle the whole backline 1-7 add some young raw talent to hopefully build for the future (only have C.Smith to contend with) so these changes need to happen now. Bench is the biggest issue for me after the World Cup i can see people pushing for McLean and RCG but im not so sure about them
1. Tedesco
2. T.Trobojevic / Roberts
3. Bird (if he loses weight) / Walker (his ankle injury concerns me) Tempted to keep Dugan as he defends well though
4. Mitchell / Cotric
5. Addo-Carr
6. Moses / Maloney
7. Cleary

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maloney played like a busted arsehole and went down twice tonight. Cleary was MIA against our NSW Cup side. Neither are remotely close to SOO.

I'd rather have Jack Bird and Matt Moylan over Cleary and Maloney based on tonight.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Cleary and Maloney just lack any sort of attack.
Maloney is a proven performer in big games, won two premierships with sharks and roosters. Cleary still young and will take time to click with Maloney. Pretty scary I personally think they are the best NSW have right now. Moylan might be in the mix as well and Mitchell Moses, but in my opinion these 2 are the front runners.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW should win, but we should have won quite a few series in the last 11 years and didn't. If NSW can form a better attitude they will win, but it won't come easy.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Origin thread already and the first round of games haven’t even started.. fmd.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Pearce is finally out of the equation. I though he was out of the equation years ago, but they keep bringing him back.

Also just my opinion but fafita, Dugan should also never play for nsw again. Dylan walker maybe for Dugan and Campbell Gillard for fafita.
I hope Pearce is first picked

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely and I mean SURELY James Roberts is a better centre than the ball hog Dugan.

Status
Not open for further replies.