2018 off contract players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think we should move heaven and earth to keep Cleeland and Marshall King, there is a very good combination just waiting to happen as well as some of our more promising juniors.
Don't let good talent slip through our fingers.
Cleeland is gone at season end. Zero chance of being re-signed by the club with Cogger coming, and JMK already resigned.

27/28 and yet to debut in NSW Cup. Defensive lapses that will expose him in NRL, and too much of a ball hog.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All this love for jmk !!!

I love it, at least you all see the same potential in the young guy as I do lol good stuff :grinning:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be trolling??? Right??? Lewis is our future IMO and JMK is all ready locked away.
I'm glad about king and
Cleeland is gone at season end. Zero chance of being re-signed by the club with Cogger coming, and JMK already resigned.

27/28 and yet to debut in NSW Cup. Defensive lapses that will expose him in NRL, and too much of a ball hog.
What is Cogger like, I have never heard of him.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From that list I think JMK has already had an extension.

Unfortunately with our CAP situation the way it is. I would lock up Lewis and leave it that.

There is some OK players in that list but we don’t have the option unfortunately.

Pay needs to work hard and look to sign a few kids that he has worked with in junior rep teams. That will be minimum wage. We need to hope on potential rather than proven quality for a couple of years.

We also need to offload a couple of contracted players. Lichaa & Tolman are two that could be surplus to required.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From that list I think JMK has already had an extension.

Unfortunately with our CAP situation the way it is. I would lock up Lewis and leave it that.

There is some OK players in that list but we don’t have the option unfortunately.

Pay needs to work hard and look to sign a few kids that he has worked with in junior rep teams. That will be minimum wage. We need to hope on potential rather than proven quality for a couple of years.

We also need to offload a couple of contracted players. Lichaa & Tolman are two that could be surplus to required.
This could be a blessing in disguise actually. Being forced to concentrate on Junior development as you say kids with potential, this could set us up for the next decade. As long as we can keep the other clubs away from trying to scalp us by pinching our juniors we should be fine.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be great if true
I love the Morris boys, but sadly I think their time in the NRL is up
I wouldn't be against the Morris boys for one more year. They aren't our problem right now. Hoppa and Montoya are leaking points and teams don't really want to take on the Morris Boys as their defence is still top notch.

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against the Morris boys for one more year. They aren't our problem right now. Hoppa and Montoya are leaking points and teams don't really want to take on the Morris Boys as their defence is still top notch.
Montoya and Hoppa side in D is diabolical at best,

I hear Pay don’t like to do much video sessions

Well I hope he does something to teach them positional play

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya and Hoppa side in D is diabolical at best,

I hear Pay don’t like to do much video sessions

Well I hope he does something to teach them positional play
I think it's also the players inside them. They don't mark up properly and it seems like there is always an extra opposition player attacking that side. Whoever our defence coach is needs to fix that ASAP

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think it's also the players inside them. They don't mark up properly and it seems like there is always an extra opposition player attacking that side. Whoever our defence coach is needs to fix that ASAP
TRue that

Status
Not open for further replies.