2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wakeham needs to work on his kicking game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cleeland had ample chances with 12-14 to go to kick a field goal.

Someone needs to kick in behind their flat defence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really dont rate Cleeland at all.

Is he gone next year?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burr and Fine have been busy in the 2nd half.
Woodford looks promising.

Wakeham held his own, looks skilful.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Dog **** ref ripped us blatantly in the 1st half calling no try held up when was clearly grounded under the posts. Pisses you off enough with the 50/50's and imaginery forward passes let alone get robbed from blatant shit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well done Bulldogs... fucking idiots.

Cleeland can't organise shit, all he does is hog the ball and run. Had a few chances to go for field goal and instead grubbers straight to Dragons player. Thank fuck he's gone next season (Cogger and Wakeham/Brown/JMK probably in NSW Cup).

Can't blame Wakeham for that.. given he's on debut.

Normally Frawley organises in NSW Cup.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Bulldogs... fucking idiots.

Cleeland can't organise shit, all he does is hog the ball and run. Had a few chances to go for field goal and instead grubbers straight to Dragons player. Thank fuck he's gone next season (Cogger and Wakeham/Brown/JMK probably in NSW Cup).

Can't blame Wakeham for that.. given he's on debut.

Normally Frawley organises in NSW Cup.
yeah dunno. while he was on debut he was brought in to be a game manager. think he didn't know where he was . he really needs to step it up, at least a couple of years off FG.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I missed the game but none of the comments surprise me about Wakeham, whilst he was a decent game manager he has never been a traditional halfback, he will make it to first grade as a five eight and not a halfback, he is super talented, he has the goods but he needs to play next to a guy that can dictate the tempo and let Wakeham chime in when he sees something, very similar to the DCE/Foran combo, where Foran whilst being competent at managing a game played more off the cuff whilst DCE organised the team. Hope Lewis can develop into that kind of DCE player.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah dunno. while he was on debut he was brought in to be a game manager. think he didn't know where he was . he really needs to step it up, at least a couple of years off FG.
We gave away cheap ball to st george. Okinbor twice dropped the ball. Every time i see him with the ball i picture him dropping it. St george played the strip game better than us got away with murder we tried it once got penalised which was sus. 1point down and had no answer to catch up. Disappointing game but considering what they have gone through good to be where they are.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We gave away cheap ball to st george. Okinbor twice dropped the ball. Every time i see him with the ball i picture him dropping it. St george played the strip game better than us got away with murder we tried it once got penalised which was sus. 1point down and had no answer to catch up. Disappointing game but considering what they have gone through good to be where they are.
Bit harsh on Okunbor dude.. Had a very good game off the wing, wish the kid would just bulk up already and hit the bench for us in 1st grade.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m seriously beginning to doubt okunbour.
There’s been raps on him for a long time, but he seems to be going nowhere.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In juniors and Flegg - Wakeham has shown to make very good decisions re passing and kicking and defends well. I thought he was ok on debut at this level. Tualau was absolutely woeful.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I missed the game but none of the comments surprise me about Wakeham, whilst he was a decent game manager he has never been a traditional halfback, he will make it to first grade as a five eight and not a halfback, he is super talented, he has the goods but he needs to play next to a guy that can dictate the tempo and let Wakeham chime in when he sees something, very similar to the DCE/Foran combo, where Foran whilst being competent at managing a game played more off the cuff whilst DCE organised the team. Hope Lewis can develop into that kind of DCE player.
I'll tell you how it went.

1st half he was totally out of his depth. Very nervous kid amongst men.

2nd half he really came out of his shell and started getting involved. Kicking game was awful, either too long or too short but it did come nice off the foot. His running game is nice, ran it to the line but always went for the easy ball for him hard ball for the runner. He went chasing for the ball and even stepped in to get some go forward. His D was ok, didn't really get tested much but he goes looking for work like Lewis which was good to see.

All in all he did well for a kid out of his depth in a jack and the giants kind of debut. He was obviously nervous and did what he could.. 2 yrs minimum off first grade and probably a year a two off Coggar atm.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His balls just need to drop... Could be a massive gain for us if he gets some mongrel into him.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In juniors and Flegg - Wakeham has shown to make very good decisions re passing and kicking and defends well. I thought he was ok on debut at this level. Tualau was absolutely woeful.
Someone with some kind of knowledge. Wakeham has a very good kicking game, & a good goal kicker as well. He is our future moving forward and held his own today congratulations to him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, I am of the same opinion but for some reason the club does rate him. I can't help but think that are not sure where to play him as he has had time in both backs and forwards although if it ever came to him stepping up big time he might be some value as a utility, although his impact on a game has been sadly lacking this year in the step up to the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.