Reaction score
SG Ball won 30-28 v Illawarra.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tries: Pesamino Pasina (2m), Thomas Anderson (4m), Amosa Manu (8m), Thomas Anderson (9m), Evander Swann (59m)
Goals: Brandon Wakeham 6/6

I'd say those scoring times are off.

Team list that ran out

1. Zac Hetherington
2. Kytak Chan
3. Amosa Manu
4. Tui Katoa
5. Koli Saukuru
6. Tommy Talau
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Soane Matavesi
9. Lachlan Talau
10. Pesamino Pasina
11. Jacob Winterstein
17. Mosese Faeamani
13. Pule Sua

14. Evander Swann
15. Thomas Anderson
20. Terence Toomata
21. Jonty Timoti

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
SG Ball Cup: Bulldogs v Magpies, Campbelltown Stadium, Saturday February 25 – 1:30pm
1. Josh Wilkinson
2. Kytak Chan
3. Amosa Manu
4. Tui Katoa
5. Koli Saukuru
6. Tommy Talau
7. Brandon Wakeham
8. Soane Matavesi
9. Lachlan Talau
10. Pesamino Pasina
11. Jacob Winterstein
12. Sosaia Talivakaola
13. Pule Sua
14. Jake Averillo
15. Thomas Anderson
16. Mosese Faeamani
17. Evander Swann

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/02/21/round_3_junior_rep_t.af_news.html

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 3
Western Suburbs Magpies 26 def Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 18 (P.Sua 2, T.Anderson tries; B.Wakeham 3 goals)

1 Josh Wilkinson 2 Kytak Chan 3 Amosa Manu 4 Tuipulotu Katoa 5 Kolinio Saukuru 6 Tommy Talau 7 Brandon Wakeham 8 Soane Matavesi 9 Lachlan Talau 10 Pesamino Pasina 11 Jacob Winterstein 12 Sosaia Talivakaola13 Pule Sua 15 Thomas Anderson 16 Mosese Faeamani 17 Evander Swann 20 Jonty Timoti

Highlights - Watch from 10.20 mark
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/02/28/highlights_sg_ball_r.html

Last edited:

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was at matts and ball against wests, to be honest the standard of football in the matts game was terrible. Wests looked like they had never played together before and we were ordinary ourselves. 13 went well for us, the captain in matts is very slow for a centre and the full back, picken who i like, has good vision back lacks speed, will end up in a different position as he gets older. Number 6 desperately needs to learn how to tackle, speed hump at the moment.

When Sg ball ran out i thought it must have been a junior kiwi side 12 polynesians starting and 4 on the bench, 1 caucasion at fullback who isn't in the top 3 fullbacks in this side, and was knocked out again for the 2nd time in three weeks. And guess what, bulldogs forwards played dumb football again, all they want to do is try to run over the top of blokes, can anybody in this forward pack pass the football, then again with a fullback that doesn't push up in attack, who are they gunna pass it too. Number 12 for wests clearly the best player on the park i counted 9 times he used late footwork at the line and poked his nose through with 4 times being clean breaks. We need a couple of hard fit caucasion forwards unfortunately, cause a few of ours started to walk and contact got worse and worse as the game went on. Number 6 needs a stint on the sideline, bad passes to outside men, running around in circles giving away penalties at crucial times, and hits hard enough but dropped off at least 4 tackles, games not up to it at the moment. Ball needs to go to wakeham when he wants it, he is the best half in this side, and should be the dominant playmaker. Winger had a poor game, another who wants to prove how tough he is and run over blokes all the time,dumb,dumb,dumb football. I would be looking to go elsewhere next year if i was Averillo and Dillon, seen enough of them to know they are better and have more potential than wilkinson, a waste sitting them out every week.

BelmoreBoys

New Pup
Reaction score
Was at matts and ball against wests, to be honest the standard of football in the matts game was terrible. Wests looked like they had never played together before and we were ordinary ourselves. 13 went well for us, the captain in matts is very slow for a centre and the full back, picken who i like, has good vision back lacks speed, will end up in a different position as he gets older. Number 6 desperately needs to learn how to tackle, speed hump at the moment.

When Sg ball ran out i thought it must have been a junior kiwi side 12 polynesians starting and 4 on the bench, 1 caucasion at fullback who isn't in the top 3 fullbacks in this side, and was knocked out again for the 2nd time in three weeks. And guess what, bulldogs forwards played dumb football again, all they want to do is try to run over the top of blokes, can anybody in this forward pack pass the football, then again with a fullback that doesn't push up in attack, who are they gunna pass it too. Number 12 for wests clearly the best player on the park i counted 9 times he used late footwork at the line and poked his nose through with 4 times being clean breaks. We need a couple of hard fit caucasion forwards unfortunately, cause a few of ours started to walk and contact got worse and worse as the game went on. Number 6 needs a stint on the sideline, bad passes to outside men, running around in circles giving away penalties at crucial times, and hits hard enough but dropped off at least 4 tackles, games not up to it at the moment. Ball needs to go to wakeham when he wants it, he is the best half in this side, and should be the dominant playmaker. Winger had a poor game, another who wants to prove how tough he is and run over blokes all the time,dumb,dumb,dumb football. I would be looking to go elsewhere next year if i was Averillo and Dillon, seen enough of them to know they are better and have more potential than wilkinson, a waste sitting them out every week.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Watched both games as well - I agree with all you have written. The Matts game was very low standard - 13 was however very good.
The SGBAll just ran into the opposition and did not hold the ball - lost it in tackles, terrible passing. The forwards do run hard and hit hard but don't seem to be able to pass n catch or generally have any interest in catching n passing Given the ages of these guys I'm refraining from naming them unless positive.
The 6 from Wests I thought was very good as well.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Your right diddly, 6 was good for wests, burned our defence early with a show and go, and did it again in the second half. I think he was off the field for a while with an injury but was a handfull for our guy's. Good speed, something we don't have in the halves.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like more fitness in pre-season is badly needed.

I do feel for Wilkinson if this is his second concussion. May need a week or so break.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 4 - Bye

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 5 Team
SG Ball Cup v Central Coast, Morry Breen Oval Wyong – Saturday March 11, 1.30pm

1. Jake Averillo, 2. Kytak Chan, 3. Amosa Manu, 4. Tui Katoa, 5. Koli Saukuru, 6. Tommy Talau, 7. Brandon Wakeham, 8. Soane Matavesi, 9. Lachlan Talau, 10. Pesamino Pasina, 11. Jacob Winterstein, 12. Sosaia Talivakaola, 13. Pule Sua, 14. Logen Dillon, 15. Jonty Timoti, 16. Mosese Faeamani, 17. Terrence Toomata, 19. Evander Swann

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/03/08/junior_rep_teams_and.html

Logen Dillon drops out.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 30 (K.Chan 3, J.Averillo, T.Talau, J.Winterstein tries; B.Wakeham 3 goals) def Central Coast Roosters 12

Highlights -
00:00 mark http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/15/highlights_sg_ball_r.html

Last edited:

ItalianGreyhound

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need a couple of hard fit caucasion forwards unfortunately, cause a few of ours started to walk and contact got worse and worse as the game went on. Number 6 needs a stint on the sideline, bad passes to outside men, running around in circles giving away penalties at crucial times, and hits hard enough but dropped off at least 4 tackles, games not up to it at the moment. Ball needs to go to wakeham when he wants it, he is the best half in this side, and should be the dominant playmaker. Winger had a poor game, another who wants to prove how tough he is and run over blokes all the time,dumb,dumb,dumb football. I would be looking to go elsewhere next year if i was Averillo and Dillon, seen enough of them to know they are better and have more potential than wilkinson, a waste sitting them out every week.
I agree with alot that you say. If Saddler didn't get injured he'd be the ball playing forward required. Another caucasian Hugo Traino has toughness, big minutes and skill but he was cut. The best 5/8 in my opinion is a koori kid Tyrone Harding who oozes class, but he's injured too. A bit hard to unseat the assistant coaches son who has the 6. Don't get me wrong, T Talau is a good player but I'm not sure he is up to steering a team around the park and I'd bench him. The coach likes big battering ram style forwards and playing the comp in Feb/Mar doesn't suit these guys. I saw alot of the pre season and the guys picked were last always in the running!

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
trekked up the coast to watch our juniors run around yesterday, and what i saw was totally dissapointing. Granted our matts side had a lot of injuries, players missing etc.... they were disgraceful, no direction, poor defence and the amount of hogs in this side is astonishing. Remember people, the central coast are made up of players that newcastle and manly reject, not being disrespectfull but they are not a rep quality side, for example like norths, swas, etc... and clearly neither are we on what was produced yesterday.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Out the back of morrie breen i watched the sg ball warm up. First thing i noticed was a white kid warm up that was 15 kilos lighter than everyone else. As they went through the warm up i noticed how quick he was compared to the others ,the backs im talking about , well that was the end of my excitement because he didn't get a run and the dogs went with 4 forwards on the bench and were very mediocre in their victory. Remember this is a side who lost to wests, and cronulla came out and smashed wests 48-10 the week later. Halves with no speed, some poor line running and lack of footwork at the line, except the centre,who was dangerous when he carried the ball, and a fullback who had some nice touches and put in a good kick for a try. Also we had a hooker come of the bench who had some strong carries of the back of a couple of quick play the balls. All in all we look slow around the ruck and we will be exposed behind the play the ball severly when we come up against a good half and forwards who find there front.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Out the back of morrie breen i watched the sg ball warm up. First thing i noticed was a white kid warm up that was 15 kilos lighter than everyone else. As they went through the warm up i noticed how quick he was compared to the others ,the backs im talking about , well that was the end of my excitement because he didn't get a run and the dogs went with 4 forwards on the bench and were very mediocre in their victory. Remember this is a side who lost to wests, and cronulla came out and smashed wests 48-10 the week later. Halves with no speed, some poor line running and lack of footwork at the line, except the centre,who was dangerous when he carried the ball, and a fullback who had some nice touches and put in a good kick for a try. Also we had a hooker come of the bench who had some strong carries of the back of a couple of quick play the balls. All in all we look slow around the ruck and we will be exposed behind the play the ball severly when we come up against a good half and forwards who find there front.
Thats us in every grade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
6. Tommy Talau & 9. Lachlan Talau = Any relation to the great Willie Talau?
11. Jacob Winterstein = Any relation to Frank or Antonio Winterstein?

Also if Kytak Chan makes it to NRL level, I think he'll be the first Cambodian to ever play NRL.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
trekked up the coast to watch our juniors run around yesterday, and what i saw was totally dissapointing. Granted our matts side had a lot of injuries, players missing etc.... they were disgraceful, no direction, poor defence and the amount of hogs in this side is astonishing. Remember people, the central coast are made up of players that newcastle and manly reject, not being disrespectfull but they are not a rep quality side, for example like norths, swas, etc... and clearly neither are we on what was produced yesterday.
Does it make you angry knowing that the Central Coast Roosters in HM are undefeated?

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ive said it time and time again, it starts with quality coaches that actually know what they are watching. Not coaches that go to four hundred coaching clinics with the bulldogs and crawl there way up the ladder by being yes men, and being in the ear of patmore and macdonald, previously whitney and cleal because your not helping the kids and your not thinking for yourself. Then again if anybody shows any nous at all in the junior ranks they are flicked pretty quickly, such is the paranoia around keeping your job.

Look at the way our juniors play and some decisions being made. Training facilities poor, Injury management poor, dont get me wrong we don't spend the money on juniors that other clubs do, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be having a fair dinkum review every year, to improve, stream line procedures etc....

Ill give you a fine example of knowing what your watching, averillo hasn't played all year until last week, ive stated over and over he has a better skill set than hetherington and wilkinson, and proved it last week against the central coast, dillon is also better than wilkinson and hetherington,and has speed and balance which you cant teach, but because there a year younger and probably the other 2 are on better money etc.... my next door neighbours son plays in the grade below dillon and averillo at bankstown sports, so ive seen a lot of these two over the past 3 or 4 seasons, and although they will make there mistakes (because they are young and still learning), there fundemental skills tell you that they offer more now and in the future than the guy's out on the park, YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE WATCHING, thats what our coaching staff must learn at junior level.

Status
Not open for further replies.