2017 Intrust Super Premiership Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Cleeland brilliant again. Scores his second try.

Dogs 30-6. 28 to go.

Rod Griffin has been very strong in the middle also.

Blacktown tragic, failing to find touch from a penalty and falling off easy tackles.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Carve up. Dogs score 2 tackles after restart. Josh Bergamin scores his second. Having a strong game also.

36-4

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Gabs without being there radio saying Josh playing good, but Cleveland they saying is def a level above.. Blacktown sound a little weak..

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
A bit lazy in defence on the left. Jamila Hoppa scores for Blacktown. 36-8. 21 to go.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Yeah Gabs without being there radio saying Josh playing good, but Cleveland they saying is def a level above.. Blacktown sound a little weak..
Cleeland definitely looks a class above today.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's going on Gabs? The boys gone to sleep..

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
@Gabs how did Bergamin go ... two tries so sounds like he had a decent day out in NSW Cup.
Mate, he's a very instinctive Fullback. Good in attack but he was very suspect late in the game defusing grubber kicks. Let in two tries through not being urgent enough to knock them dead. Could be because they lead by plenty at that stage but still no excuse. Has ability but needs to keep improving in D.

Cleeland the standout today with three tries and some brilliant lead up work on the last tackle for an amazing try to Reimis Smith I think it was in the first half.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ISP TEAM v Wentworthville – Ringrose Park, Sunday July 30, 3pm
1. Josh Bergamin, 2. Richard Kennar, 3. Reimis Smith, 4. Brenko Lee, 5. Tyrone Phillips, 6. Josh Cleeland, 7. Lachlan Lewis, 8. Andy Saunders, 9. Craig Garvey, 10. Renouf To’Omaga, 11. Asipeli Fine, 12.Rhyse Martin, 13. Rod Griffin, 14. Zac Woolford, 15. Bronson Garlick, 16.Lachlan Lee, 17.D’Rhys Miller, 19. Tom Carr, 20. Joel Luani.

COACH: Steve Georgallis

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/07/25/round_21_nyc_and_isp.html

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/07/25/highlights_intrust_s.html

Highlights reel:
Starts at 7 minutes 40.

Order of tries:
Cleeland
Bergamin (via intercept) - NICE !!!
Smith
Fine
Cleeland - Really nice footwork to split them open.
Bergamin - This try is an absolute cracker.
Cleeland
Cleeland basically scored all three of his tries on his own, without the help of anyone.

The video does not really do justice to the Reimis Smith try Cleeland set up. He was hemmed in on the right, had defenders all around him, weaved through them, took the ball right to the fullback and managed a great offload. Eventually the ball got to Smith and all he had to do was carry it over the line and put it down.

Definitely the most commanding performance by any Dogs half in any grade I have seen this season.

Having said that, don't want him to go to first grade this season - they are a strong chance of top 4 in the Reserves and he is their best player. Plus, he will go from a winning team to a losing one. I think that won't help him. Let him loose in firsts next season.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember someone said to me that Reimis Smith hates tackling and it looks like its true!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember someone said to me that Reimis Smith hates tackling and it looks like its true!!
Have seen a fair bit of Reimis Smith last year and early this year - his reads were terrible when playing in the centres - tackling technique nothing more than arm grabbing - have never seen him be anything more than a very very ordinary NSW Cup player yet he apparently has been re signed. He may be better on the wing, cant recall seeing him play on the wing live.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have seen a fair bit of Reimis Smith last year and early this year - his reads were terrible when playing in the centres - tackling technique nothing more than arm grabbing - have never seen him be anything more than a very very ordinary NSW Cup player yet he apparently has been re signed. He may be better on the wing, cant recall seeing him play on the wing live.
Yes he was re-signed earlier this year (not sure for how long). He has been playing centres this year i think as well. Whilst i havnt seen much of him, i watch the highlight videos and his tackle attempts could barely be considered an attempt... just atrocious.. lots of simple misses

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cleeland won't get a shot at NRL cause he doesn't look clueless like our 1st grade duds...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did Cleeland played any fullback before he joined us?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We Won 30 - 28 against Wenty!!
Tries: Tyrone Phillips, Tom Carr, Rhyse Martin x2 & Josh Cleeland; Conversions: 5/5 Rhyse Martin

Apparently
  • Tom Carr had a brilliant game for us today in NSW Cup. Blew George Jennings away in a break (no easy feat as Jennings is friggin fast), scored a try and setup another one.
  • Cleeland with another solid game.
  • Bergamin with an insane strip over the line to save a try.
Will have to keep and eye open for the highlights.

This was the side they faced apparently. Almost an entire NRL squad.

1. Honeti Tuha
2. Nathan Davis
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Dane Aukafolau
5. George Jennings
6. Troy Dargan
7. Jeff Robson
8. Joseph Ualesi
9. Cody Nelson
10. Peni Terepo
11. Marata Niukore
12. Frank Pritchard