2016 lebanese World Cup team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I few decent players eligible for Lebanon coming through and should make Lebanon pretty competitive. From the top of my head they have

Mitchell Moses
Robbie Farah
Tim mannah
Reece Robinson
Travis robinson
Josh mansour
Michael lichaa

I know it doesn't seem like much but when you can put a strong spine together then the rest is easy to sprinkle a fe back rowers and centres in.

I really think have some good young playmakers coming through and Farah could be the halfback with lichaa at hooker, Moses 5/8 Robinson fullback.

Was bored and Mitchell Moses got me thinking because of his uncle Benny.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I few decent players eligible for Lebanon coming through and should make Lebanon pretty competitive. From the top of my head they have

Mitchell Moses
Robbie Farah
Tim mannah
Reece Robinson
Travis robinson
Josh mansour
Michael lichaa

I know it doesn't seem like much but when you can put a strong spine together then the rest is easy to sprinkle a fe back rowers and centres in.

I really think have some good young playmakers coming through and Farah could be the halfback with lichaa at hooker, Moses 5/8 Robinson fullback.

Was bored and Mitchell Moses got me thinking because of his uncle Benny.
They won't all be allowed to play... They'll swear alligence with NSW/Aust.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Farah will be too old for nsw by then and the other boys still to young. Maybe mansour and mannah they will miss out on.

Seems funny how players like tedesco, hayne, uate, Milford can play for Italy,Fiji or samoa but Lebanon always have trouble with the Australian rugby league threading there players with origin eligibility.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think dual eligibility should be an option for players with multiple backgrounds. Especially in cases where international teams are bantam weights compared to the Australian and NZ squads. They have salary caps to even out the club comp, why not flexibility in the case of international comp?

Of course you'd need to find ways to police it, so we don't have players pledging allegiance one year to Australia and NZ the next, and vice versa throughout their career.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was under the impression that you can play for NSW/QLD and any country other than New Zealand, but before the World Cup you have to declare which country you are playing for.

Could be wrong, never seen the actual rule.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
here it is how it works

you play for Australia or you wont ever get a origin jersey!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it should be that if you play a game for state of origin or australia that you cant ever play for any other country and if you play for another country you cant play soo/australia

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Robbie Khara should play for Lebanon. that way he can fulfil his dream of being the best hooker in the country (Lebanon)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Robbie Khara should play for Lebanon. that way he can fulfil his dream of being the best hooker in the country (Lebanon)
Hahaha I like that. Although you know he already has played for Lebanon?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe for the next 2 years before Lichaa takes his spot.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The more support for the lesser nations the better.

How that works in a practical sense? Buggered if I know..

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that you can play for NSW/QLD and any country other than New Zealand, but before the World Cup you have to declare which country you are playing for.

Could be wrong, never seen the actual rule.
Yup that is pretty much it. They can play for any teir 2 country and 1 big country, New Zealand, Australia, England, but once they have played for one of those nations, they cant play for another of the big 3.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more support for the lesser nations the better.

How that works in a practical sense? Buggered if I know..
Dont pay origin players $30k per game, pay them $5k and pay internationals $10k (will need good help from NRL and sponsors) problem solved. Plus more test during mid year and end of year.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont pay origin players $30k per game, pay them $5k and pay internationals $10k (will need good help from NRL and sponsors) problem solved. Plus more test during mid year and end of year.
That's is the solution but it won't happen.

In the lead up to last World Cup when teams were going through qualification stages robbie Farah got warned if you represent Lebanon you will not be eligible for New South Wales.

They really know how to hold this great game back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most unprofessional sport in the world.

Only way we fix it is if somehow get the NFL commissioner to come take over our piss weak sport.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please not Roger Goddell the NFL commish, he is a prick and sticks up for the owners not the players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Please not Roger Goddell the NFL commish, he is a prick and sticks up for the owners not the players.
Yes you are correct but you get what I mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.