2015 Has been a spluttering year , but ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
After my visits to Cbus , Bumcorp and ANZ on fri night I am finally convinced the dogs are finally on their way to the finals . There have been 3 turning points , 1. Black friday 2. The Raiders game in Canberra and 3. The narrow loss to the Chooks . The final one has now set us on a Northerly course to September . Am so proud of our boys to turn things around .

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big turning point of the year was Kasiano coming on against the roosters

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
who knows turning point could be licca getting injured and cook replacing him.

nothing against liccha , but we could do a broncos of 2006 here

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Wasnt Cook good ? Its good to see he stuck with us and finally got his chance

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i was bitterly pissed after the sharks game.. but if we continue fri nites form we can take it out

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The Sharks game was one of those games where because of the occasion the dogs thought they could just take the afternoon off , the ref didnt help but the desire is back and will to win , I was upset too

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
who knows turning point could be licca getting injured and cook replacing him.

nothing against liccha , but we could do a broncos of 2006 here
The turning point was Moses getting a fair go and playing a major part in the most lethal left edge combo in the game with Rona/Morris/Frank on his outside.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The turning point was Moses getting a fair go and playing a major part in the most lethal left edge combo in the game with Rona/Morris/Frank on his outside.
Would agree with that

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses is still too quiet for my liking and he needs to be better prepared and take better options on the 5th tackle. I'd cut him some slack because it's his first real crack in first grade but if he wants to get paid 800k a season he needs to do more. Guy has all the attributes to make a great half/5-8th though.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

if cook gets a fair go, what imapct he is going to have, if he can do that much damage in his first game of the season, imagine a season under his belt.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some really good comments on here fellas. We started the year off like a car with a stuffed spark plug or two but the last month has been a lot more promising. Can't get over the way we were up for the Bunnies game BUT I had a sneaking suspicion watching them vs. the Tits that their minds were looking forward to revenge at ANZ. Don't get me wrong we had to work hard to win at Gosford but reckon it would have been a good hit out, just unfortunate that Lichaa got injured but hey hasn't it been a blessing having Cookie there as back up.

I know that NSW Cup is a level below NRL but watching him play over the last few seasons I have always thought well of him. Last year was a real trial for the boys and they played some crap footy, but each and every week Cookie was one of the best. He lead(s) by example as skipper of the side but he has also shown that he can follow. I hope that last week was the start of something good for him and that he can continue to contribute to our great club.

A lot of the fellas have really lifted and Sam K has been a revelation of late. We are starting to hunt as a pack and the boys seem to have each others backs. Last week was the first time in a long while that we did not really lift our foot of the accelerator. We played a good even style of footy, I just hope we can keep it up and improve even more.

Reckon we can win our last two as a good lead up to the semis and hopefully beyond.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There still 2 danger games we have left, knights are a bogey side to us and warriors well who knows what team shows up....very important we head into the finals on 5 straight wins and keep the momentum up, 1 loss can ruin the confidence

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There still 2 danger games we have left, knights are a bogey side to us and warriors well who knows what team shows up....very important we head into the finals on 5 straight wins and keep the momentum up, 1 loss can ruin the confidence
We need to keep going and that's it, don't take the foot off the accelerator!!!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Never lost faith ... Not for one second.

I knew whatever happened, suspensions, injuries, acts-of-god, we'd do enough to make the 8.

After that, it's a whole new fight.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you CK, never thought for a second we wouldn't be there in September, but in recent weeks I'm starting to feel like we're gonna stick around til October :D

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the biggest turning point was the game against the Roosters, down 22-0, we could have given up and capitulated or just did enough not to get embarrassed. But the team dug in and our attack was brought back to life and to nearly win the game, it gave the team and Hasler the confidence to match it with anyone. And has sparked that something we have been missing all year. If we keep it up, i am 100% sure we will go deep in the semis and then who knows.. All these injuries that other top teams have copped ie JWH, Pearce, Morgan, Tamou etc etc seem like a blessing in disguise for us..

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Love a good band wagon supporter... Rips in when we are loosing... Win a couple and all of a sudden they all come out of the woodwork saying they never doubted haha

On the positive it is nice to see them starting to string together some consistent footy but need to take it to another level come finals (naturally I am confident they have it in then)

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love a good band wagon supporter... Rips in when we are loosing... Win a couple and all of a sudden they all come out of the woodwork saying they never doubted haha

On the positive it is nice to see them starting to string together some consistent footy but need to take it to another level come finals (naturally I am confident they have it in then)
This place is more Bi-polar than a white bear on oxford st.

At least the wagon is full of positivity now..

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That was the first true 80 minute performance I have seen from us in 2 years. Souths got stuck in and ripped in in the 2nd half, but we kept playing and looking for points, outstanding.

Hard for supporters not to expect more from their team when they finally show what they're capable of on the field on Friday and contrast that to the tripe we've trotted out that got us to. 9-10 record before this 3 match burst.
Support play, intensity in defence, initiative and creativity with the ball, players looking like they know their job!

Friday has set the benchmark for our performances.
Eliminate those brain fart piggyback penalties we give away, and with a bit of luck we will have the best 80th Borthday present yet!

Cmon Doggies....do it for Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.