Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
OK where will we finish in 2012? Choose one from the list.Also...What will the top 4 be? Who will win the spoon? Top 4 for me will be between Dogs/Storm/Tigers/Newcastle/Broncos. Canberra for the spoon.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 3 - 4 because
- one its going to be new to the dogs with des
- two we have mick as captain so adjusting will be needed
- three , the team will finally play good together since the 09 season...

I'm guessing; 3-4 if not then were in the top 8 somewhere.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'll say 5-6. I'll say top 4 are cowboys, warriors, knights, manly

i'll say panthers or roosters for spoon

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll say 5-6. I'll say top 4 are cowboys, warriors, knights, manly

i'll say panthers or roosters for spoon
no melb in your top 4??

I think top 4 (in no particular order) dogs, melb, tigers, manly

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Melbourne
2. Tigers
3. Knights
4. Manly
5. Eels
6. Warriors
7. Brisbane
8. St George
9. Souths
10. Bulldogs
11. Cowboys
12. Roosters
13. Gold Coast
14. Canberra
15. Cronulla
16. Penrith

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Melbourne
2. Tigers
3. Knights
4. Manly
5. Eels
6. Warriors
7. Brisbane
8. St George
9. Souths
10. Bulldogs
11. Cowboys
12. Roosters
13. Gold Coast
14. Canberra
15. Cronulla
16. Penrith
lol, souths before the dogs...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope im wrong
What makes you think we will go worse than 2011, since only positive things have happened to us since that season ended (ie hasler etc)? Its a genuine question btw, id like to know why you think 10th? Id be shocked if anyone genuinely picks us to finish lower than 2011. Book, your spooner prediction was an obvious troll so im not counting it as a real opinion.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes you think we will go worse than 2011, since only positive things have happened to us since that season ended (ie hasler etc)? Its a genuine question btw, id like to know why you think 10th? Id be shocked if anyone genuinely picks us to finish lower than 2011. Book, your spooner prediction was an obvious troll so im not counting it as a real opinion.
Fair enough mate although im really keen for the season to begin im not getting my hopes up for us like i have in the past, their are alot more queries with our squad than most others, the lack of quality in the halves is my biggest worry i like reynolds and romelo but they are very inexperienced at the top level and if hodkinson (although he is not world beater) goes down early we are in all sorts, Forward depth is excellent, back depth isent. Is lafai ready for a full year in first grade? Will Morris bounce back?, Are Lett or Wright worthy of a spot in the 17? If injuries strike particularly in the backs we are in realy trouble.
Like i said i hope im wrong, Des could be the key to a great season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough mate although im really keen for the season to begin im not getting my hopes up for us like i have in the past, their are alot more queries with our squad than most others, the lack of quality in the halves is my biggest worry i like reynolds and romelo but they are very inexperienced at the top level and if hodkinson (although he is not world beater) goes down early we are in all sorts, Forward depth is excellent, back depth isent. Is lafai ready for a full year in first grade? Will Morris bounce back?, Are Lett or Wright worthy of a spot in the 17? If injuries strike particularly in the backs we are in realy trouble.
Some realistic observations there. The fact that many people are undecided about who should fill the backline positions highlights the fact that we lack a couple of stand outs here to start with. If injury strikes we could have some trouble. I'm guessing we'll finish 6-8 if we can keep our key players on the field.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fair enough mate although im really keen for the season to begin im not getting my hopes up for us like i have in the past, their are alot more queries with our squad than most others, the lack of quality in the halves is my biggest worry i like reynolds and romelo but they are very inexperienced at the top level and if hodkinson (although he is not world beater) goes down early we are in all sorts, Forward depth is excellent, back depth isent. Is lafai ready for a full year in first grade? Will Morris bounce back?, Are Lett or Wright worthy of a spot in the 17? If injuries strike particularly in the backs we are in realy trouble.Like i said i hope im wrong, Des could be the key to a great season.
I agree that a lot is unknown, but there hasnt been any changes to the side that would be negative, and we finished equal 8th in 2011. We had a horrible year in 2011 with coaching dilemmas, injuries to key players and it was the first year a lot of the players had played together. Obvioulsy coaching was a big problem since we made a dramatic improvement after JD took over. Hasler is a much more experienced coach than JD, and fresh off a premiership win. One can assume that problem is well solved. We got as high as we did last year mostly due to the fact we do have a lot of talent in the side and sometimes even when unguided natural talent can make things happen. We already have the champion racehorse, we have obviously been waiting for the right jockey to ride it.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that a lot is unknown, but there hasnt been any changes to the side that would be negative, and we finished equal 8th in 2011. We had a horrible year in 2011 with coaching dilemmas, injuries to key players and it was the first year a lot of the players had played together. Obvioulsy coaching was a big problem since we made a dramatic improvement after JD took over. Hasler is a much more experienced coach than JD, and fresh off a premiership win. One can assume that problem is well solved. We got as high as we did last year mostly due to the fact we do have a lot of talent in the side and sometimes even when unguided natural talent can make things happen. We already have the champion racehorse, we have obviously been waiting for the right jockey to ride it.
Cant really blame injuries we were very lucky in that respect compared to alot of other teams beside eastwood the only one of note was ennis and we were pretty much out of contention by then anyway

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We didn't really have any crucial injuries (Barring Ennis) and by that time we were pretty much shot ducks with a mathematic chance of making the finals. I predict 5-6th, Hasler brings a lot to the table, and the majority of our players don't lack talent, they lacked a smart, calm and composed coach to lead them, with Hasler i'm sure we'll make our mark in this year's competition.

C

chipandchase

I think that is a perfect summation
The key is obviously the 6 and 7 and wether they can be consistent

C

chipandchase

You would think we can go any worse than last year and we have added the worlds best prop or at least top3 and again arguably a top3 coach
I think anything less than finals footy is a failure

Status
Not open for further replies.