2011 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

I am a Roberts fan and since Round 13 would have passed by the time he may play, he won't be able to back out of his deal with the Eels.

I'm just really eager to see Roberts play in this team. He is too good to be playing NSW Cup and offers things Keating does not.
yeh i agree they are 2 different players, id like to see Keating at 7 and Roberts at 6.
the problem we have is that Roberts is not a organiser also.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh i agree they are 2 different players, id like to see Keating at 7 and Roberts at 6.
the problem we have is that Roberts is not a organiser also.
You cant put ROberts at 7 as you said he is not an organiser thats why i think we should have him or keating at 6 and bench (like round 1)

C

chipandchase

You cant put ROberts at 7 as you said he is not an organiser thats why i think we should have him or keating at 6 and bench (like round 1)
i said keating at 7, he is a jack in the box and gets heavily involved in the game where as Hodkinson doe SFA.
but with injuries, and Keating coming back a week after Hodkinson it will be interesting what they do
if they win do they keep Reynolds and Roberts? play Keating and Hodkinson in reggies, lets hope they beat sharks and then worry about that later.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pritchard - ribs
medical team said he should recover for the game against Panthers

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barba came out well no news on him just got a bit tired towards the end he'll be alright

Bultick

New Pup
Reaction score
Casualty ward

I was just going through the casualty ward list and it looks like we are the only team in the league without any injuries, haven't seen this in awhile..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keating 3-4 weeks - Medial ligament

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ennis lucky not to suffer permanent neck trauma

BULLDOGS hooker Michael Ennis has revealed his injured neck was a timebomb which could have left him with spinal cord damage and - worst-case scenario - paralysis.

Ennis's season is over after scans on his neck revealed his C6 disk has been pushing into his spinal cord. But the NSW representative admitted to relief that he is not playing on after being told by surgeons he risked serious damage by doing so.

The 27-year-old has been playing with a bulging disk for about two months, but only sought the advice of doctors after having scans on the lung trauma he suffered during State of Origin III, which left him coughing up blood.

Advertisement: Story continues below

''One more knock in that [neck] area would have caused some dramas, from what the surgeons have said,'' Ennis told the Herald.

''I'm lucky in that regard. I'm grateful I got it checked out when I did. The minute I had the MRI and got the report, the surgeons basically said: 'You're not playing.'

''They actually said I'm lucky not to have any serious issues. It's pretty relieving to know that I got it checked when I did, but also a bit scary to think that I pushed it.''

Asked if that meant he could have ended up in a wheelchair, Ennis said: ''There's a lot of hypotheticals, but when you're talking neck and spinal cord, it's not something you want to be mucking around with, especially with three young kids at home.

''I'd never had any neck problems before, but then I spoke to a few people who had. I didn't really understand what nerves and disks really did, and [the] severity of that area. Now that I do have an understanding … I certainly would have had it checked out in the first instance.''

Ennis, who will have surgery next Thursday, said he began to have problems before State of Origin I, but played on even as the symptoms worsened.

''It was getting worse and I was losing a bit of strength,'' he said. ''I was getting pins and needles and getting a loss of feeling in the fingers. It got to the point where, whether I was going to bed or playing footy, I always had the pain through my neck, down my arms and into my hands …

''I knew there was a problem there, so I thought I'd better find out what this is. Is it my neck? Lucky I did to be honest.''

The surgery will mean Ennis cannot do contact training for three months, but he said he was unlikely to suffer any long-term problems, saying the damage was different to the career-threatening injuries suffered by Ben Ross and Anthony Minichiello.

''Career-wise, it shouldn't affect me at all,'' Ennis said. ''In a funny way I'm lucky in terms of where it is. They go in through the back - the big ones, like Benny Ross and Minichiello, they go in through the front and fuse the disks,'' he said.

''At this stage they're really confident that there'll be a six-week period of doing nothing and then after that I'll be back to running but no contact for three months.''

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say Stagg gone for season

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Taupau 1-2 weeks. Waiting on final scans.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
MartyKapow Martin Taupau
Just an update for u guys my season is all but ova. Wat i thought was 1-2weeks turned into 6-12 weeks.Thanks u guys for da support #Bu11dogs

Poor thing :(

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MartyKapow Martin Taupau
Just an update for u guys my season is all but ova. Wat i thought was 1-2weeks turned into 6-12 weeks.Thanks u guys for da support #Bu11dogs

Poor thing :(
This is Sad. Definately Not Good News. Hope He Returns Better Than Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.