2011 / 2012 Player Movements + Rumour Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should've tried to sign Maloney before he re-signed with the Warriors for 2012. He'd be a pretty good acquisition for Souths I reckon.

S

Shermy

Souths just announced King has signed for 2 years. The Deal was sealed last week.
Moltzen's manager and Maguire had an interview via skype on Monday.
Souths did chase Maloney but the Warriors wouldnt release him on the compassionate grounds he was applying for. He wanted to come to Australia and Souths.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe Maloney's contract ended in 2011 had an option for 2012, but I'm not sure who has the choice over that option. I take it it's the Warriors who did?

I reckon Souths should play:

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Farrell
4. King
5. Whoever it is they play on the left wing.

S

Shermy

The plan is to move Inglis into the 6 and Sutton into the pack.
I'm personally not a fan of it but that is what Maguire will be running with it seems.
Option was in Warriors favour.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be good if maguire was able to bring thomas leuluai back to the nrl

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
The plan is to move Inglis into the 6 and Sutton into the pack.
I'm personally not a fan of it but that is what Maguire will be running with it seems.
Option was in Warriors favour.

Where would you have GI mate?

Sutton back to the pack is probably the only positive to that move imo.

S

Shermy

I really do have a great deal of confidence in Maguire getting the best out of Sutton. Sutton prefers to play on the right and was very dominant down the right edge under Taylor. Since then he has been moved to the left and struggled somewhat. I think Sutton can make it as a 5/8 but at the moment Lang's style doesn't suit Sutton but it suits Sandow, hence why Sandow is excelling and Sutton is plodding about. In regards to go GI, I think in the 6, we would suffer the same problems as we have with Sutton. I think GI in the 1 or in the centres is the best bet. Contrary to reports, GI is fit enough to play fullback this week if he had too. He is actually the lightest he has been since about 2008. He is playing at 106kgs.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I really do have a great deal of confidence in Maguire getting the best out of Sutton. Sutton prefers to play on the right and was very dominant down the right edge under Taylor. Since then he has been moved to the left and struggled somewhat. I think Sutton can make it as a 5/8 but at the moment Lang's style doesn't suit Sutton but it suits Sandow, hence why Sandow is excelling and Sutton is plodding about. In regards to go GI, I think in the 6, we would suffer the same problems as we have with Sutton. I think GI in the 1 or in the centres is the best bet. Contrary to reports, GI is fit enough to play fullback this week if he had too. He is actually the lightest he has been since about 2008. He is playing at 106kgs.

Yeah GI looks just about ripe to erupt for a big game.

I've always thought Sutton to be a quality player and yeah maybe under a Maguire he'll get back on track. The worry I have with him is that he mentally seems to drift a bit and next year especially without a dominant half that could spell trouble if the team is relying even more on him for direction.

S

Shermy

I think Sandow is part of his problem. Sandow is quite erratic and doesn't provide much direction. Sandow himself doesn't know what he is doing next let alone the team. I think under Maguire you will see a really structured game one similar to Melbourne, in both attack and defence. We have a young kid Adam Reynolds who we are hoping will step up and he is your traditional half really, kicks well, tackles well and is a loud talker and his biggest asset is probably control of play and pinpoint kicking game. They are banking on him to 'free up' Sutton. Sutton's main strengths are when he takes it to the line and looks for the offload. He doesn't have that opportunity now because if he does that, people howl him down for not giving it to Taylor and Inglis, then if he gives it to them 2 people say he isnt doing enough.

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Titans continuing stacking up for next year signing Beau Falloon for 2 years

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bunny, any substance to the rumour that Tim Moltzen will be at Souths next year ?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
S

Shermy

Dugan in a blow up with coach Furner at a pub recently. Word is he will be a Tiger come Round 1 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.