2009 Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what is being done to improve the fitness levels of the squad next year? Are we bringing in any new people, changing routines etc... Wont matter who we sign for 09 if fitness is not one of our top priorities imo.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
they are introducing new strength & conditioning coach named Mr T, who will make them all his b!thces and pimp along canterbury rd, and then do laps around belmore, and to finish off some star jumps..

P.S tim winitana will have to undergo a strict diet to reduce his fat gut, and improve speed, so he will have to do sprint sessions ten times a day, 7 days a week, except xmas & boxing day when he only does 5 sprin sessions a day, and he can't eat kebabs,or any other food for that matter until he drops 80kg by the pre-season next year.

HTH

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really have been lascking in this area for about 4 years now. we always come out flat as after half time. Its like someone slips roofies into their water bottles or something.
I hope they adress this for next season but I can't see it happening tbh

sammy08

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We really have been lascking in this area for about 4 years now. we always come out flat as after half time. Its like someone slips roofies into their water bottles or something.
I hope they adress this for next season but I can't see it happening tbh
its been hapening ever since billy johnson left us.

M

MrCharisma

I don't think fitness is the major reason why we failed in 2008... the declining star power without suitable replacements could be a factor.

Billy Johnstone was fantastic, I wish we got him back for 2009 after leaving the Titans.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Billy is gone back to cowboys....we need a fresh approach...theplayers looked slow and unfit.....winitana was an example....

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They're putting Hickey on a treadmill attached to a fishing rod with a meat pie on the end....

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think fitness is the major reason why we failed in 2008... the declining star power without suitable replacements could be a factor.
It was the major factor along with injury but as others have noted our fitness has declined markedly over the last few years and if we are serious about challenging for premierships we must be up to scratch. Even when we had our stars those second half fade outs became a regular event. Must be fixed asap.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Billy is gone back to cowboys....we need a fresh approach...theplayers looked slow and unfit.....winitana was an example....
Steve Folkes is a fitness freak, but he was let down in a way when his old sidekick billy Johnstone left us, and we havnt been the same since. now Folkes is gone, i hope our fitness levels dont suffer any more now.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
make godbert's cuz, & godberts, & yesterdays news, & matto25 & all the dudberts clan, the trainers & coaches & directos of the club, & then we will go through 2009 undeafeated & get record scores and crowd every week, and willie mason will come back and be captain, and everyone will live happily ever after..

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Steve Folkes is a fitness freak, but he was let down in a way when his old sidekick billy Johnstone left us, and we havnt been the same since. now Folkes is gone, i hope our fitness levels dont suffer any more now.
Why isn't Folksey our fitness guy - he has said that he would do a role like that. Dogs had an opportunity to keep him in the fold.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Why isn't Folksey our fitness guy - he has said that he would do a role like that. Dogs had an opportunity to keep him in the fold.
i know, that way, he could do a much less stressful job, something he enjoys and the team could benefit in the process.. but greenburg and co would need to step in.... surely there is a lifeline somewhere for him?

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
We got rid of Folkes for a reason, it's time to try something new. You can't have him still involved in the team... not yet anyway.

M

Mr Miyagi

We got rid of Folkes for a reason, it's time to try something new. You can't have him still involved in the team... not yet anyway.
Folkes is a machine conditioning coach.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our current conditioning coach has gone to the Dragons. Rumour has it that Tony Grimaldi will take over. But no confirmation yet.

It's also rumored that Dean Pay will be our defensive coach, but also unconfirmed.

Whoever they are, both have HUGE jobs in front of them.

MYMUSTANG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our current conditioning coach has gone to the Dragons. Rumour has it that Tony Grimaldi will take over. But no confirmation yet.

It's also rumored that Dean Pay will be our defensive coach, but also unconfirmed.

Whoever they are, both have HUGE jobs in front of them.
Beat me to it, Grimaldi is taking over from Scott Campbell who was recruited by Bennet. (Dragons).
Done Deal!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.