20 Metre Restart For Hayne Tackled In Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

crybbe666

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some people have mentioned some things that turned momentum against us last night, but I think this was the killer. Early in the second half, we were attacking Parra's line and a grubber went in to the ingoal. It looked like Hayne had been tackled in goal, or maybe JUST made it back into the field of play. For some reason, Tony Archer took it out to the 20 metre mark for a restart. I don't get that at all. 3 tackles later Parra get a penalty, a few plays later they score.

Anyone know what happened there?

mAtt_06

yo.
Reaction score
cuz ennis kicked it off the floor and hayne caught it on the full in the ingoal. You cant really notice it though without watching the close-up.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
im still trying to work out what happened, doesnt make sense

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
The call was right, what you will find is ennis kicked it when it was bouncing and hayne caught it with a foot in goal on the full

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Technically he caught it on the full. I was blowing up until I saw the replay but it was the right call.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened, it swung the momentum and a couple of plays later the Eels were down on our line and scored. The doggies missed golden opportunities to score just before and just after half time. They should have scored and didn't. When this play went pear shape the momentum was lost and so was the game. When the doggies went behind they appeared to panic and stupid passes were thrown that went staright to eels players. Missed the general unfortunately. By the time he came back on it was too late, But when he did come back it suddenly opened up opportunities. Ennis was kept quiet by some in your face defence by the EEls which forced the dogs to run sideways too often.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
doesnt the ball have to reach a certain height?
doesnt seem logical if someone kicks it softy from 1m out and the fullback catches it 30cms inside his own goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.