2 interesting stats from last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Two things caught my eye when i decided to scan the stats sheet.

Dessy only played halatau for 8 minutes. Why is this happening, is this the right way to go about it? Wouldnt we rather give a chance for a young nyc or a reserve grader to have a spell then just play hala for 8 minutes?

hodko ran 1 metre the whole game so.. i know some halfbacks have no running game, but 1 metre is pretty interesting. He literally dosent make a single step with the ball?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know thats pretty cool, but maybe the nrl stats are totally wrong. Otherwise if he worked on his running game, he would become twice as lethal
You can say that about our captain too

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah can't help but thinking 8 minutes is waste of a bench spot but the coach has to make replacements as the game unfolds and maybe that was all he could give? In that 8 minutes I did noticed the energy that Halatau had which was when our boy were on the back foot big time.

Also I think that stat of metres run only counts if tackled with the ball doesn't it? As in a bloke runs the ball 10 metres passes it to another, those 10 metres are not counted to him. Therefore halfbacks and any other players who ofloads alot may have small metres run. Maybe TH's his offloads may answer this?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Pretty simple isn't it? He's there as cover in case of injury. We have forwards with really big motors so there is no point in having someone like Klemmer in there. Halatau can cover most positions, so he's much more valuable as 17th man.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I think that stat of metres run only counts if tackled with the ball doesn't it? As in a bloke runs the ball 10 metres passes it to another, those 10 metres are not counted to him. Therefore halfbacks and any other players who ofloads alot may have small metres run. Maybe TH's his offloads may answer this?
That has always been my understanding of that stat.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Halatua should have been used better hence franky getting hooked when he let in a try with poor marker defence when he was tired

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran 1 mtr and almost got MOTM....totally crap these stats sometimes.

Player rotation is totally bad..we almost got ran down we had someone warming the bench for 72mins..we needed those fresh legs for atleast 20mins.

S

Submits

Who cares? He ran the ball heaps last week and scored a try of it.

He didn't feel there was much of an opportunity to run the ball last night, so there was no point. If he feels there's a chance to run it, he will.

As for Halatau.. it's another sign maybe he is on the outer. He should be playing alot more than what he is atm.. but anyway!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ran 1 mtr and almost got MOTM....totally crap these stats sometimes.

Player rotation is totally bad..we almost got ran down we had someone warming the bench for 72mins..we needed those fresh legs for atleast 20mins.
The stats aren't crap, this thread is crap.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The stat definately is not reflective of how is playing, he's starting to kill it and am so happy he has grabbed his opportunity!

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hodko played really well. The stats only count tackle completed stats. So if he took on the line and made 10 metres and passed the ball it won't count. That's why the Dogs have their statisticians.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty simple isn't it? He's there as cover in case of injury. We have forwards with really big motors so there is no point in having someone like Klemmer in there. Halatau can cover most positions, so he's much more valuable as 17th man.
Halatau was a liability defending in the outside backs when Mitch Brown went off with his face split against the Cowboys. Two quick tries leaked, if you recall.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Two things caught my eye when i decided to scan the stats sheet.

Dessy only played halatau for 8 minutes. Why is this happening, is this the right way to go about it? Wouldnt we rather give a chance for a young nyc or a reserve grader to have a spell then just play hala for 8 minutes?

hodko ran 1 metre the whole game so.. i know some halfbacks have no running game, but 1 metre is pretty interesting. He literally dosent make a single step with the ball?
regarding halatau, I think he was on the bench more in the case of use him only if needed, hasler must have gone into the game with a set plan of using his big men a certain way, dene was there as a back up to cover any of the other team positions for injury, smart move as halatau can cover nearly every position on the field.

hodkinson won us the game, I wouldn't care if he ran just 30cm, a win is a win and hodkinson last night was super

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
regarding halatau, I think he was on the bench more in the case of use him only if needed, hasler must have gone into the game with a set plan of using his big men a certain way, dene was there as a back up to cover any of the other team positions for injury, smart move as halatau can cover nearly every position on the field.

hodkinson won us the game, I wouldn't care if he ran just 30cm, a win is a win and hodkinson last night was super
I didnt say hodkos stat was a negative, im saying its exceptionally unique

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halutau should be playing 10-15mins per game big franky goes off for him

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dene has played limited minutes most of this year. Des must have his reasons.. however i would even let Ennis have a break as he is punching out huge numbers in defence at stages in the game and a ten min spell could freshen him up.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iinteresting facts:
sets of 6: Manly 41, Dogs 29.
Consecuative sets: Manly 7,7,5,3,3,2,2. Dogs 3,3,3,2,2,2
Metres made: Manly 1433, Dogs 1032.
Tackles made: Manly 279, Dogs 340.

Just going on those stats we should of lost by 20 or more. the defence from the boys was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.