2-0 with Toby Sexton in the team this season

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like his effort and making himself involved, good energy too, see how he goes.

Reactions: 88

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was pre quite today just from a viewing perspective and the guy still had 3 linebreak assists, 2 try assists, 26 tackles and 99 metres
As compared to the Flanges 1 try assist this season. Let's just hope he keeps it up and grows into the role.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has definitely improved our attack but this is some cherry picking stats. He missed one of the best teams of all time Panthers and top 4 team in Broncos lol
Screenshot_20230730_231849_YouTube.jpg

If it wasnt for an illegal Cobbo forearm to Sexton's head followed by Cobbo's knee to Sexton's head, we still had a 'chance' to win...Our attacking flair and a 'possible win' was gone when he left the field for the rest of the game with a HIA.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
For a start that's stating the obvious. And I tend to think people habitually laugh at you.
So you overlooked people all saying a good halfback is irrelevant if we don’t have a MoNsTeR PaCk.

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he was pre quite today just from a viewing perspective and the guy still had 3 linebreak assists, 2 try assists, 26 tackles and 99 metres
I agree. I said it to myself during the game. He seem lost today "not in the game" but then you read his stat's and say MOM.

This is signs of a good player who just does his job. imagine he has a blinder of a game..
2 tries, 3 try assists, 4 line break Assists 30 tackles + 120 Running Metres.. 2 X 40 20.

So if his minimum is what he produced against the Dolphins then we win 80% of game he plays.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Sexton just opens up the other side of the field. I also like that Burton and Sexton will link. Well Sexton will come to Burto's side and add the extra playmaker. Burton needs to learn to do the same on the other side of the field.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We rarely ever see the cut out floater try, he executed it perfectly - likes taking on the line too which is good and does enough defensively. He’s been a great buy for us.
He seemed to do a lot of defensive work getting in early helping the forwards and driving defensive standards when Phins were coming off their line.

I'd like to see Kiks on the right side with Sexton..... could put him in holes which Burto doesn't appear to have mastered as yet. Preston can go left bc he makes his own chances and is a great hole runner.

Anyway like to see it given a go :grinning:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby is going to the line & is a genuine enough threat that defenses cant drift off him. That alone makes him extremely refreshing as a halfback as I haven't seen a half do that at our club for a very long time.
And maybe it’s a bias but I have seen him consistently play both sides of the ball and link up with burto.

I don’t think I ever saw flanno do that, or if he did it was really rare.

the team with sexton in it just look more in sync and humming along. I don’t have the footy brains to dissect whether he’s actually providing good structure and organisation but whatever he is doing is definitely adding value

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Avo and Kiraz on YouTube and Avo says Sexy came in very confident to tell the boys what to do. Love hearing that. Couldn’t be easy for a new guy to do that. I’m sure Ciro and/or Gus told him to, but still..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And maybe it’s a bias but I have seen him consistently play both sides of the ball and link up with burto.

I don’t think I ever saw flanno do that, or if he did it was really rare.

the team with sexton in it just look more in sync and humming along. I don’t have the footy brains to dissect whether he’s actually providing good structure and organisation but whatever he is doing is definitely adding value
He’s been given the keys to the team obviously and he’s confident and good enough to actually use them. It’s insane to me that Tits let him go when they have Boyd who is no way better.

Toby has exceeded all my expectations so far. We were all wondering who was going t9 be our gun halfback going forward. Was it Hunt for a short deal before he retires? Was it young gun on the rise Sullivan, or one of our own kids in Oloapu or BBO? Nah Gus knew who it was and he made it happen. I’m so glad it wasn’t one of those others (KO to become lock eventually). Sexton has shown heaps in only 2.5 games for us. Imagine what he can do in a year or so. And he’s only 22 iirc, so he should really come into his own in the next few years. We may have found the guy to take us back up the top.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
More kicks in play, maybe take over those high balls to the wing Burton used to plonk for JAC

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone seen Failagain lately? The poster not the real 1.

Lol this **** would be humiliated seeing a fringe first grader being so much better.

Sexton is doing all the basics well and makes us instantly so much better. Shows what we all knew (bar Failagain).

Wish Kyle good luck at dragons. Take the poster with ya!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All sexton has done is take the ball to the line before passing. And that is miles better than what Flanagan ever did. Amazing!!
The only time Flanagan went to the line was as a decoy that almost could’ve cost us a try yesterday

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it above, Sexy opens up the field. So because he can run it or has some options short, it attracts more defenders and then Burto has more space to hit the gap himself or send Kiks at a hole.
I dont know about the edges and why they were changed. I think it should be:
Left side (from the wing) - Addo Carr, Burns, Kiks Burton.
right side - Wilson (or Skelton), Kiraz, Preston and Sexy.
Bring in Crighton at Fullback and Xerri (if Burns goes down), then that is a fkn handy backline!
Forward pack needs more grunt = TPJ, King, Knight, Thompson and one more big aggressive forward! Get it done Gus