150 players set to enter 50mil auction

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't access the article but the image is Moses and Burton. I'm assuming it's about players that are able to negotiate after Nov 1.

What are people's opinions of Burton's chances of re-signing with us? I think it's crucial to extend him before he hits the open market otherwise I think he is as good as gone.

Realistically it's not that far away. I know if I was Burton I'm waiting to hear other clubs offers, similar to Munster he could leave a lot of money at the table if he doesn't. He could sign somewhere else before he even gets to play with Kikau and Mahoney etc. It would be very frustrating for them to play with each other for 12 months and seeing progress only for Burton to up and leave.

Get it done Gus

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton has done nothing really to be an absolute necessity to resign.
Sure he hasn't lit the world on fire but I would back him to come good over the next few years. I think we have solved a big puzzle getting Mahoney over to us. But if we let Burton go then we are back looking for a new set of halves. Given we are trying to build long term success it would be wise to keep him given his age etc. I also think having him at 6 would make it easier to attract a quality half. Because if I'm a top tier half and look at the Bulldogs without Burton, sorry but im not appealed to be paired with Flanagan, wakeham or Averillo

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton has done nothing really to be an absolute necessity to resign.

Tbh wished we had signed Nicho Hynes instead
How easily people give up.

Most gave up on Cleary in his second year of first grade and Hynes has 3 years development on Burton.

Burton will be just as good if not better than both when the kid hits his straps.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Most gave up on Cleary in his second year of first grade and Hynes has 3 years development on Burton.

Burton will be just as good if not better than both when the kid hits his straps.
Exactly. Halves don’t peak till 26-27 years of age. Fuck people on here have unrealistic expectations.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d resign burton
Blokes getting service from Jmk
Then had revolving door of 7’s only a few games in to the season trying to form a partnership with
And then has ordinary centres outside him and waddle on inside that I’ve never seen offload or pass the ball

Jesus give the kid a break

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

I call them spoon lovers

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d resign burton
Blokes getting service from Jmk
Then had revolving door of 7’s only a few games in to the season trying to form a partnership with
And then has ordinary centres outside him and waddle on inside that I’ve never seen offload or pass the ball

Jesus give the kid a break
Enter Vili and Reed.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh. I was expecting a bit more. Seems a bit timid atm. Other clubs would see the potential but be looking at tago and may at Penrith and think its the system ala Melbourne. We need to keep him though
The players have to 100% buy into that system as well. Not that’s happening here

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are fuckwits as a club if we allow someone else to pinch Burton. All this rubbish talk about he has shown and done nothing is so brainlessly blinkered it gives me a headache. Burton is not the problem, the idiot with the clipboard and whistle that is parading as a coach is.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he can’t wait to leave. We are in a huge hole and I don’t see how we get out… really didn’t expect it this year to be this bad but still holding hopes that Gould can get us out of this mess..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he can’t wait to leave. We are in a huge hole and I don’t see how we get out… really didn’t expect it this year to be this bad but still holding hopes that Gould can get us out of this mess..
He is playing disinterested. Would love to see him say to himself I am not a Loser. I was Centre of the Year last year and that was no fluke. A bad coach won't make me look like a Loser and I will go looking for the ball and make things happen for this bunch of new team mates and then I will enjoy my footy again and regain my promising career and show what I'm made of.

Hope he says to himself I'm not a passive bystander but an aggressive player who can step up and make things happen as I've done my whole career up until now.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, his salary has gone up by $300k, he’s playing in his preferred position, and he knows Mahoney and Kikau are arriving next year. Besides Phil Gould said he never lets go of a player he wants to keep. So I suggest everyone settle down and go enjoy some Lebanese breakfast like I’m having now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Exactly I hope we lock him up on 4 year deal